Pro Wrestling Only

No Mercy 2017

Ricky Jackson

The Wyatt-Balor feud is unbelievably stupid.

You said it. I'm still not clear on the reasons for the feud to start with. Sure, Balor is upset because Wyatt keeps attacking him, but Wyatt keeps attacking him because reasons.

"Because reasons" is basically the impetus behind every pointless Bray Wyatt feud. It's why he's impossible to get into.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Because reasons" is basically the impetus behind every pointless Bray Wyatt feud. It's why he's impossible to get into.

You make a good point. I actually like a character who is a creepy cerebral cult leader type, but there is no reason he can't verbalize his motivations for his actions. Well, except because of shitty writing. I can't fault Wyatt for that.

It reminds me of that quote which has been attributed to Michael Hayes, that a great heel will always have a reason for his actions so that in his mind, he's justified in whatever he's doing. I wish the WWE writers would keep that in mind when it comes to Bray Wyatt.

You make a good point. I actually like a character who is a creepy cerebral cult leader type, but there is no reason he can't verbalize his motivations for his actions. Well, except because of shitty writing. I can't fault Wyatt for that.

It reminds me of that quote which has been attributed to Michael Hayes, that a great heel will always have a reason for his actions so that in his mind, he's justified in whatever he's doing. I wish the WWE writers would keep that in mind when it comes to Bray Wyatt.

Unfortunately, most of the writers are 20-something nerds who know nothing about wrestling.

I wish they'd get nerds who at least love wrestling and grew up watching it.

Instead, we have failed TV writers, because that's somehow more "prestigious" in Vince's eyes.

The tide is turning a bit with Ryan Ward, Road Dogg, etc., but not enough yet.

Bray is SO bad on the mic. How the hell did he ever get a reputation for being good?

He did actually have some good promos in The Shield feud in 2014. I know, a long way back. He actually had motivations then trying to expand a cult to take over WWE and get destroy rival groups. Now his promos are just gibberish trying to sound all spooky after he randomly attacks someone for no reason.
His whole gimmick is one which has a 12-18 month life before it runs its course, if only there was other territories he could be repackaged and sent off too.

OMG that Cesaro swing on Ambrose into the steel steps was awesome.

EDIT: Is Cesaro legit bleeding from that slingshot into the corner? Did he really smash his mouth on the post? It looks that way...I think he really lost a tooth. Boy Cesaro and Seamus are a dentist's dream team. First Jeff Hardy, now Cesaro.