Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-09-24-WWE-No Mercy] Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins vs Cesaro & Sheamus

ShittyLittleBoots

Another great match between these 2 teams. Great storytelling with The Bar completely dominating Rollins & Ambrose w/ their awesome team work - Cesaro & Sheamus were really great working the heat on The Shield and the comebacks of The Shield were good. I thought the finish was really good too w/ the champs outsmarting Cesaro & Sheamus big time to get the win. Also much respect to Cesaro for finishing the match after losing some teeth in brutal fashion. That made for an awesome image when Cesaro had Ambrose in the Crossface while his mouth was all bloody. Great stuff. ****

Another amazing match on what is on pace to be PPV of the year (on paper this show looks WrestleMania worthy as they have appropriately been hyping it as). This match definitely gets elevated because of Cesaro's bloody, brutal injury of losing at least two if not four of his front teeth literally eating the post. Cesaro/Sheamus were on fire as offensive juggernauts. I have been saying since 2012 that Sheamus has the deepest and best offensive arsenal in North America and it was on full display here. Cesaro was equally brilliant. Ambrose is good at exactly one thing: selling and he did great. Hell, Rollins finally looked like the Rollins of the Shield wrestling with some great fire. The finish run was double hot. The White Noise, Super Powerbomb of Rollins into Ambrose was insane. The fact it was not the finish was insane (it is ok because Cesaro/Sheamus would not win). I liked the Japanese feel of this tag match with constant isolation, chaos and need to keep a partner at bay. I liked the Knee/Double Arm DDT finish, but the transition was a little weak. Lots of bomb throwing, reminded me a lot of those great All Japan classics. Great offense all around! ****

• 4 weeks later...

This was absolutely tremendous. If you add up the matches they had during the past year with Rollins/Ambrose, the Hardys, Gallows/Anderson, then Cesaro & Sheamus are easily my highlight of the WWE. The chemistry they have and physicality of their matches makes each one a genuine struggle that feels like it has heft and weight. If so many wrestling matches these days feel like they are films with lots of CGI, Cesaro and Sheamus matches are those films that still rely as much as possible on real stunts and physical buildings and props being used. I loved the beginning of the match where they were running cut offs and distractions and I love that they are a team that look like they come in with a clear game plan and tactics they are trying to implement. When added to brilliant selling from Ambrose - loved the bit where he was trying to bring life back into his arm by banging it into the guard rail - and fire and flying from Rollins, this was all round great stuff. (**** 1/4)

• GSR changed the title to [2017-09-24-WWE-No Mercy] Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins vs Cesaro & Sheamus