Photo

Russ & Charlie Haas vs Da Hit Squad (JAPW 08/19/00)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 10652 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:09 PM

Johnny D has some words for the Haas Brothers valet and Papa Roach fires up. Going to start a drinking game for how many times I hear Last Resort in the next couple of years. I dug the shit out of this match. All four guys just went after it with Da Hit Squad having no regard for throwing their bodies around as well as laying a beating on the Haas Bros. Pretty progressive and funny chant from the JAPW when the Haas are on top of “wheres Kurt Angle”. The assisted front senton onto the outside by the Haas’ is impressive. A cat fight ensues with Johnny D and Montoya trying to break it up. This match moving from the frantic start into a traditional southern tag with a FIP is wonderful. Hot tag by Mafia is well done and the Haas Bros show resilience by coming back culminating in Russ hitting an elbow drop into the balls of Mafia. Mafia is able to get a flash small package for the win. A good match showing that Da Hit Squad had more substance as far as structuring a tag match. ***1/4 (6.7)

#2 AstroBoy

AstroBoy
  • Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:43 AM

Rock solid tag match.  Russ and Charlie were so good on offense, a deep array of flashy and technical moves.  Never dull when they were working over Mafia as they pull out all kinds of impressive moves both individual and double team. 

The crowd was pretty insufferable just constantly chanting lewd and unfunny stuff in an attempt to amuse themselves.  Hit Squad sell the beating and make a nice comeback that leads to a kind of anti-climactic rollup finish.  As solid as Hit Squad are, I thought the Haas Brothers looked like real world-beaters in the making here.

***1/2

#3 Tim Evans

Tim Evans
  • Members
  • 4180 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:00 AM

I'm guessing this is a heel vs heel match? Good stuff between the two teams. Finish was kinda out of no where but It makes sense with the Hasses leaving soon. Maff calling WWF Titan is classic indie wrestling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users