Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-08-20-Monterrey] La Parka & Tarzan Boy & Negro Casas & Felino vs El Dandy & Scorpio Jr & Bestia Salvaje & Apolo Dantes

soup23

Your ho hum Monterrey with the rudos dominanting mostly throughout. There is a couple of good moments with Dandy and Casas squaring off. Dandy also mimics the dance of Parka in a funny moment. Overall, this match more than anything made me contemplate on a top 100 wrestlers of 2000, where some of these guys would rank. Dandy hasn’t been spectacular but steady. Scorpio when given a chance has been spectacular. Casas as well has had a real quiet year for someone projected as a GOAT contender. Food for thought. **

• 4 months later...

This was pretty forgettable although business did pick up a bit more toward the end. There is also a pretty substantial section carried by the interactions of Parka and Dandy that is really enjoyable -- see Dandy throwing two amazing right hands to break up Parka's dance routine. Still I think this is pretty standard fare.

**1/2

• 2 weeks later...

With the talent in the ring this could have been better but at least Dandy finally showed some spark as a rudo. The tecnico comeback in the second fall was excellent after the long heat section. Unfortunately, they went for comedy in the third fall instead of intense brawling. I was glad to see Dandy come to life, though.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-08-20-Monterrey] La Parka & Tarzan Boy & Negro Casas & Felino vs El Dandy & Scorpio Jr & Bestia Salvaje & Apolo Dantes