Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-09-20-BJW] Hideki Suzuki & Shogun Okamoto vs Hideyoshi Kamitani & Daichi Hashimoto

Jmare007

Why couldn't we get THIS Daichi for his title match against Suzuki?? As always with the Strong BJ division, the story for this is pretty damn simple: the two young guys show a fuck ton of heart and go all out to get the W against the champ and his outsider buddy. At first we get Daichi trying to prove a point and one up Hideki, but he pays his disrespect dearly as Suzuki fucking destroys his leg in quick fashion. From then on it's all about Kamitani holding the fort and Hashimoto doing an outstanding job at selling and showing babyface fire when needed - fucking LOVED how it looked like it hurt his soul every time he used his damaged leg - I can't get enough of how this division forces people to earn every single thing they do, and this match had plenty of that. Finishing sequence wasn't flashy but it made sense in the context of the story they were telling. Still, even with all the praise I just gave it, this isn't a home run of a match, but it was a really good tag that's worth a look.

Post match was great with Daichi wanting to kill the champ for the damage he caused, Kamitani asking for another title shot and Hideki being pissed and throwing the middle finger. It looked like Kamitani will get the shot anyways, I think the young bull has a very good chance at getting the belt back.

There was more heat here between Suzuki and Hashimoto then there was in their title match. Those two interacting was the obvious highlight for me here – I thought Hashimoto’s selling was fantastic after Suzuki uppercuts his knee out from him and then just leaves him on the outside like a chump. Good, sustained selling throughout the match and even post-match. Both Shogun and Kamitani were the big boy brutes throwing their body weight around – Kamitani looked good, he hit that brutal backdrop finish, but Shogun wasn’t bad. I really like his machine gun sumo slaps in the corner. You know, after this match, I’d love to see a rematch between Daichi and Hideki but it looks like we’re getting a Kamitani rematch first.

There was more heat here between Suzuki and Hashimoto then there was in their title match. Those two interacting was the obvious highlight for me here – I thought Hashimoto’s selling was fantastic after Suzuki uppercuts his knee out from him and then just leaves him on the outside like a chump. Good, sustained selling throughout the match and even post-match. Both Shogun and Kamitani were the big boy brutes throwing their body weight around – Kamitani looked good, he hit that brutal backdrop finish, but Shogun wasn’t bad. I really like his machine gun sumo slaps in the corner. You know, after this match, I’d love to see a rematch between Daichi and Hideki but it looks like we’re getting a Kamitani rematch first.

Yeah, Kamitani getting a rematch on November 1st at Korakuen. Wouldn't shock me if he takes the belt.

• GSR changed the title to [2017-09-20-BJW] Hideki Suzuki & Shogun Okamoto vs Hideyoshi Kamitani & Daichi Hashimoto