Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-08-26-GWAS-Zona de Muerte] Espanto Jr & Big Warrior & El Indomito & Doink the Clown vs Super Muneco & Enrique Vera & Negro Navarro & Maquina Salvaje Jr

soup23

No clue who most of these guys are so maybe someone like OJ with more knowledge can fill in the gaps. Super Muneco has his name written on the back of his overalls which is helpful. Navarro still has hair too which complicates things. As a atomicos where I can’t have stakes because I don’t know anyone, this was entertaining. It mixed up chain wrestling, some comedy, dives in the finale and even some blood with Enrique Vera getting busted open. A great moment happens in the third fall with an old lady patron going after a rudo with her purse. The finish comes with Vera being awarded the match from a foul which is the finish of choice for 2000 lucha. Always entertaining to see guys I have never recognized before. *** (6.2)

• 6 months later...

I guess it's true that every promotion had a fake Doink, even Mexican promotions. Enrique Vera and Indomito are UWA legends. I think INdomito was also one of the Payasos in AAA. Not sure which version of Espanto Jr. this is. I dig the Maquina football gimmick. As for the match, it was a old man match with Comedy and some mat wrestling from Navarro. Enrique bleeds a bunch and the finish seems to be setting up a match between Enrique and Warrior. However that wouldn't happen as GWAS was one and done and you can see why.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-08-26-GWAS-Zona de Muerte] Espanto Jr & Big Warrior & El Indomito & Doink the Clown vs Super Muneco & Enrique Vera & Negro Navarro & Maquina Salvaje Jr