Hell in a Cell 2017

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 Childs

Childs
  • Moderators
  • 4463 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:34 PM

Wow, apparently no one is watching this show. Halfway through and we're not even on page two of the thread.

#22 Childs

Childs
  • Moderators
  • 4463 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:48 PM

Natalya and Charlotte kept the good vibes going. The nastiness felt genuine, and Charlotte sold her ass off. The finish made sense for continuing the feud.

#23 NintendoLogic

NintendoLogic

Grim and frostbitten

• Members
  • 2792 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:52 PM

Does anyone in the women's division have better chemistry than Charlotte and Natalya?

#24 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 1814 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:52 PM

Hey Talking Smack is back .  Hey it has Peter Rosenberg instead of Daniel Bryan   :angry:

FASHION FILES  :D

#25 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5206 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:53 PM

Charlotte vs. Natalya - Natty doesn't really excel as a strong face or heel, and babyface Charlotte certainly doesn't feel right, but they more than made this match work.  Strong, simple story around Charlotte's injured knee.  I didn't even mind the finish as the chair shots were on point and looked really strong.  This show is absolutely over-delivering.

***1/4

#26 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 1814 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:59 PM

So Dolph vs Roode is going to be on after the world title match?    That's weird

#27 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1092 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:09 PM

I thought the US Title Triple Threat was excellent, adding Tye Dillinger to that match was the absolute right move.  I really think that made the match way more entertaining than it would have been if it had just been Corbin vs. Styles.  It would have been sad to see Baron Corbin beat AJ Styles as Corbin is quite simply nowhere near the level of AJ Styles...so if they had to put the title on Corbin, it's just as well they did it this way. I thought Dillinger was excellent in this match, and Styles was great as well.  Corbin was Corbin.  Execute a move fairly competently, stomp around, shout at the fans, repeat.

With all the ping-pong title switches involving the US Title, that title is essentially meaningless at this point anyhow.  I don't think losing it hurt Styles and I don't think winning it is really going to help Corbin.  Not to mention, if they keep booking that title the way they have, it will just change hands a million more times over the next few months anyhow.  The only way this helps Corbin is if they give him a half decent reign with some good title defenses over good challengers.  Which they probably won't.

Natalya vs. Charlotte was really good, in my opinion.  Much better than I was expecting.  This show has definitely been good and has exceeded all expectations. Although, that's kind of damning it with faint praise, since nobody expected shit from this show.

Now that Jinder is in the ring, I fully expect the string of solid, watchable matches on this show to screech to a sudden halt.

#28 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5206 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:12 PM

Its amazing that a title match with Shinsuke Nakamura is the bathroom break on a PPV, but here we are.

#29 EricR

EricR
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 783 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:16 PM

Charlotte vs. Natalya - Natty doesn't really excel as a strong face or heel, and babyface Charlotte certainly doesn't feel right, but they more than made this match work.  Strong, simple story around Charlotte's injured knee.  I didn't even mind the finish as the chair shots were on point and looked really strong.  This show is absolutely over-delivering.

***1/4

I think Natalya is a really good heel. After seeing enough Total Divas I would never want to be around her for any length of time. 

#30 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1092 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:18 PM

That WWE Championship match was a million times better than their match at Summerslam, but it still wasn't all that great.  And booking Mahal that strongly still baffles me, India tour plans or not.  Nakamura is pretty much toast as a Main Event level guy after getting beaten by Mahal two PPV's in a row.

#31 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5206 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:19 PM

Nakamura vs. Jinder -- I didn't pay much attention and I know I didn't miss anything.  If Mahal is moving business in certain markets that's great.  But he's death to watch.

#32 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 1814 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:19 PM

Well I guess he kind of beat him clean. 

So the WWE policy of the heels doing racist promos on a babyface and still wins continue.  Now what do you do with Nakamura 

#33 Childs

Childs
  • Moderators
  • 4463 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:21 PM

Mahal-Nak was okay, but I don't get the thinking behind that finish. Just makes Nak look bad for the sake of a guy who isn't going to matter in six months. But nothing new there, I guess.

#34 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1092 posts

Now what do you do with Nakamura

Exactly.  There's your problem, right there.  He's been made to look like an inferior joke in this rivalry with Mahal. 

#35 NintendoLogic

NintendoLogic

Grim and frostbitten

• Members
  • 2792 posts

The Singh Brothers continue to be the only redeeming aspect of Jinder Mahal's act.

#36 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 1814 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:24 PM

Okay why the fuck do you have Roode come out first in this match?   All so that Dolph can do an entrance with nothing tied to it 

Bobby Roode as a kind of babyface better not last long

#37 Childs

Childs
  • Moderators
  • 4463 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:26 PM

If Dolph wants to do this gimmick right, he should come out in the old Mike Tyson gear.

#38 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5206 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:28 PM

This show is going long isn't it?  They probably know John Oliver starts at 11:07 and want the wife to give me a hard time when this goes late.

#39 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 1814 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:36 PM

Bobby Roode has just killed this crowd.    They should play his entrance song in a loop like New Jack because that is the only thing people actually care about. 

Ziggler isn't helping but the fans have given up on him such a long time ago there is nothing he can do

Damn it this feud is going to continue

#40 Childs

Childs
  • Moderators
  • 4463 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:49 PM

For me, there is no more loathsome heel than Shane the wrestler.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users