Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-01-06-JWP] Itsuki Yamazaki vs Miss A (Dynamite Kansai)

Jetlag

I'm not sure why the name change from Miss A to Dynamite Kansai. She looks and wrestles the exact same.

This was a first round match in a tournament for the UWA International title(?) and a better match than a lot of tournament finals I've seen. Why have I never heard anyone talk about how awesome Itsuki Yamazaki was in JWP? It's far more interesting than anything I've seen her do in AJW. Right at the go Kansai whacks Yamazaki with a big lariat, but in the following tussle on the outside Yamazaki catches her leg and rams it into the steel post. Yamazaki proceeds to work over Kansai's leg and use this advantage to stay in control. When Kansai comes back, she immediately reestablishes how dangerous she is by crushing the veteran with ultra stiff blows. I thought Kansai's selling was good enough, as she made it clear the leg was bothering her and there were times where she couldn't follow through due to the damage done, on the other hand Yamazaki was super focussed and always aiming for the weak spot to get out of her situation. Yamazaki would add these cool maestra-like touches, such as locking in an octopus hold from her back, or elevating herself extra high when reversing a figure 4 (something I've never seen before). Yamazaki had excellent game, but in the end fell to a crushing shot from Kansai when she thought she had her in the bag. Really good skill vs. Pure brutality match.

• GSR changed the title to [1991-01-06-JWP] Itsuki Yamazaki vs Miss A (Dynamite Kansai)
  • 2 years later...

Awesome match. Yamazaki isolates Kansai’s leg and works on it, wrapping it around the ring post and then proceeding to elbow the knee joints. It was really cool, skillful work on the part of Yamazaki. And Kansai’s selling was rock solid as well. Kansai had to rely on pure power to get her out of trouble, leading to a simple but exciting finish. ***3/4