• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 11153 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:15 PM

Looks like Enzo's a certified draw since the third hour of Raw held up pretty solid despite both football and a Yankees playoff game on last night. Probably helped that the football game was a shit fest, but I guess Enzo was able to do the impossible and get the cruiserweights over.

#2 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 9571 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:40 PM

Rumors flying that Neville walked out before Raw started and asked for his release. Dave doesn't know if the story is true but did confirm that it was supposed to be him vs. Enzo last night and not Kalisto.

#3 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4407 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:51 PM

Usos are such Great promos. One of my favorite acts in the company

#4 NintendoLogic

NintendoLogic

Grim and frostbitten

• Members
  • 3081 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:23 PM

It's kind of funny that for all the talk of how in-ring ability is more important than ever to the modern fan, the division built around workrate was treated as a piss break until a promo guy who can't work a lick was made the centerpiece.

#5 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 11153 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:08 AM

Rumors flying that Neville walked out before Raw started and asked for his release. Dave doesn't know if the story is true but did confirm that it was supposed to be him vs. Enzo last night and not Kalisto.

#6 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 11153 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:10 AM

Damn mobile...anyway Daves confirmed that Neville walked but WWE is not saying hes gone yet.

#7 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 1152 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:02 AM

Why was Matt Hardy treated like a jobber on Raw? Sometimes I feel he should have stayed in Impact.

#8 goc

goc

A disgrace to Joe Blanchard

• Members
  • 7475 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:28 AM

Why was Matt Hardy treated like a jobber on Raw? Sometimes I feel he should have stayed in Impact.

He got the same treatment that Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins got against Braun in the two previous weeks so he's not exactly in bad company.

I'm not sure what people expect Matt to do as a singles with Jeff out for 6 months. I don't even know if they should even have him in the ring until Jeff gets back because he's been looking like a guy whose body is just running on fumes lately.

#9 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 44063 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:06 AM

Sami was convincing in his sincerity last night, but I kinda thought he didn't come off heelish enough, be that angry, sniveling, jealous, or delusional. Dude has gotta dig deep for some motivation instead of cutting promos like a trial lawyer. A lot of people grow into that after turning though.

#10 Gutenberger

Gutenberger

The German

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling (obviously), Football (The european version),
    Reading, Video Games, TV-Series, Movies, Comicbooks. . .

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:52 PM

Sami was convincing in his sincerity last night, but I kinda thought he didn't come off heelish enough, be that angry, sniveling, jealous, or delusional. Dude has gotta dig deep for some motivation instead of cutting promos like a trial lawyer. A lot of people grow into that after turning though.

Thing is, he was right in everything he said. That was not the promo of a heel to me, that was a very justified reasoning for his actions.

#11 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 44063 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:04 PM

I think he can be right and still be a heel. What wrestlers say is almost less important than how they say it. His delivery, as I said, was sincere. I believed he meant it. He was just still likable Sami Zayn. That aside, it's a work in progress. Hopefully he'll get new entrance music and his promo style will evolve.

#12 fakeplastictrees

fakeplastictrees
  • Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:29 PM

I'm not sure what people expect Matt to do as a singles with Jeff out for 6 months. I don't even know if they should even have him in the ring until Jeff gets back because he's been looking like a guy whose body is just running on fumes lately.

V1 and Broken Matt both came from Matt's mind. I am sure if WWE wanted to keep Matt hot and interesting for these six months--everyone involved can come up with something good. Which means Matt will just be a place holder until Jeff comes back and there is a ladder match at Mania.

#13 goc

goc

A disgrace to Joe Blanchard

• Members
  • 7475 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:32 PM

V1 and Broken Matt both came from Matt's mind. I am sure if WWE wanted to keep Matt hot and interesting for these six months--everyone involved can come up with something good. Which means Matt will just be a place holder until Jeff comes back and there is a ladder match at Mania.

V1 was when he was still in really good shape and at his physical peak. Broken Matt had his best stuff edited together in a way no other professional wrestling matches have ever been edited. He's just not a guy you can rely on to perform at a high level in a singles match on live TV at this point in his career and it's not worth the effort to give him a ton of smoke and mirrors when there are other younger guys who need that time.

#14 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 11153 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:29 AM

While true, if TNA of all places could manage to put together the Broken Matt stuff in an effective way surely WWE could manage something. It's not like it would be diverting tons of resources away from developing young guys, just give Matt a camera guy to go fuck around with and have someone edit the footage when they're done. 

#15 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 44063 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:26 AM

I'm not sure Vince has had a good grasp of irony and camp since the 1980s, sadly.

#16 Stiva

Stiva
  • Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:25 AM

Yeah, I can imagine a WWE-produced Broken skit coming off as po-faced as the Wyatt/Orton House of Horrors match. Or whatever it was called.

#17 NintendoLogic

NintendoLogic

Grim and frostbitten

• Members
  • 3081 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:25 AM

No need to imagine. Look at WWE's attempt to recreate Final Deletion with the New Day at the Wyatt compound.

#18 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10035 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:55 AM

Don't tell me you're not excited by the idea of Bray Wyatt as Sister Abigail vs Demon Face-Fuck-Me ? WWE creatives are great...

(yeah, Matt Hardy is indeed broken, but not in the right way)

#19 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 11153 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

I don't know what was worse, Sister Brayagail with the Black Scorpion voice or Finn having to sell being afraid in his promo afterward. I would have had a "Santino laughing at the Boogeyman" moment if I was in his place. 

#20 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4407 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:29 PM

Meltz just said the planned main event for Survivor Series is Brock v Jinder in a non title match

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users