Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-09-03-PWG-Battle of Los Angeles] Donovan Dijak vs Keith Lee

ShittyLittleBoots

This was just absolutely ridiculous in the most positive way possible. Not only was this an absolutely incredible collection of insane moves, sequences & memorable moments by two huge monsters, it also told a great story of Dijak doing everything he possibly could think of to try & put his biggest rival down. Keith answered with the same thing; he did everything he could do to put the super focused Dijak down. The no sell, fighting spirit moments were super well timed & done. Amazing match. ****1/2

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, this didn't disappoint at all. I haven't been super fond of PWG in the past and their other encounters this year have been quite good if not my favorite all time shit, but this one was a cut above indeed. Sometimes "these two are incredibly talented monsters and they're going to try the most amazing shit they can do to destroy each other" is more than enough story, and it really was here. ****1/2

• 2 weeks later...

Going into a hyped match like this is weird. It's hard to know what to expect. This was fantastic though with great performances from both guys. These two are special and going to be big stars. I agree with Maciej above that sometimes "these two are monsters and want to destroy each other" is enough and it really was here. I thought the no-selling spots wouldn't work but I felt it did, especially the crowd reaction - they knew their audience. Best spot was Lee's dive, or Lee kicking out of a G2S at 1 and throwing Dijak out of the ring.

These two teamed up vs Jeff Cobb & Matt Riddle on day 1 of BOLA 2017, and played on it during the match too. I really want to see more of both.

****1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2017-09-03-PWG-Battle of Los Angeles] Donovan Dijak vs Keith Lee