WWW TV Oct 16-Oct 22

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 SmartMark15

SmartMark15
  • Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:44 PM

Gonna play devil's advocate here and defend the TLC main event. I'm actually really interested in the match. The Shield as a unit is one of the hottest acts in this decade of the WWE and I think their team unity against overwhelming odds makes for a compelling match. Kane isn't setting the world on fire (hehe) but he's a harmless addition who could also take the pin to protect the younger heels.

Honestly, this 3-on-5 main event is the kind of freak show booking that I happen to enjoy on B PPVs. They're hit and miss, sure, but they're at least interesting. I mean Owens-Shane put on a good freak show bumpfest and this has all the fixings to do the same.

#22 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4405 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:03 PM

Sami Zayn just pinned Randy Orton clean in the middle of a wwe ring. ( ok after a low blow but that's practically clean these days)

Owens and Sami are just fantastic together. Smackdown seems to be getting back on track

#23 SirEdger

SirEdger

Eternal nostalgic...especially about wrestling

• Members
  • 2850 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:30 PM

if I'm thinking about it like I believe WWE is, I'm guessing this is the plan: Braun gets sick of the jabronies on his team and walks out and Kane gives the Shield a monster to destroy. Maybe Kane sticks around to do a program with Roman to avenge his bro, but doesn't he still have an election to win?

The mayoral election is around May 1st, 2018 I believe so he won't stick around full-time. My guess is this is probably his last run.

#24 Sean Liska

Sean Liska
  • Members
  • 1415 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:44 AM

Sami Zayn just pinned Randy Orton clean in the middle of a wwe ring. ( ok after a low blow but that's practically clean these days)

Owens and Sami are just fantastic together. Smackdown seems to be getting back on track

I didn't think I'd like Zayn turning heel but the nostalgia of having him and Owens team again, and they're in the main event, and Zayn pins Orton - yeah I'm back in with SD. They had a rough HITC TV cycle but things seem good now.

#25 Gutenberger

Gutenberger

The German

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling (obviously), Football (The european version),
    Reading, Video Games, TV-Series, Movies, Comicbooks. . .

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:30 PM

Real clever move, having Zayn diminish Bryan this week. His promo was way more heelish this time around, too, I think.

The ending to SmackDown felt a bit weird, though. Kind of convoluted.

#26 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4405 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:52 PM

I could totally see them doing a tag or survivor series elimination match with Team Owens v Team Shane where if Shane loses he has to leave Smackdown. They love doing by that stip, especially with a McMahon, at least once a year

#27 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4765 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:54 PM

SmackDown fucking ruled, and I desperately want to see Jinder to beat Lesnar via tons of cheating and interference.

#28 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 1152 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:40 AM

Mahal is not a "I hate that guy I want him to lose" heel, which is what heels should be. He's more of a 2004 JBL "I hate that guy I'm changing the channel he bores me call me when someone interesting is champ" heel. Which is NOT a good thing.

Jinder may bring ratings in India but sure as hell doesn't do anything for USA Network.

#29 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 44062 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:11 AM

Since I only watch occasionally, I will ask the question. Is there a babyface that they are purposely keeping him away from that you see beating him eventually? Where is Jinder as champ ultimately going? Do you get the feeling they have a clue?

#30 NintendoLogic

NintendoLogic

Grim and frostbitten

• Members
  • 3080 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:39 AM

Roman Reigns? I'm only half-joking.

#31 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 11230 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:58 AM

Since I only watch occasionally, I will ask the question. Is there a babyface that they are purposely keeping him away from that you see beating him eventually? Where is Jinder as champ ultimately going? Do you get the feeling they have a clue?

I would have assumed after the India tour, Corbin would have sneaked it away from him with the case, if he didn't end up in the doghouse for doubting the WWE doctor or whatever. 

Now? I don't know. Shane?

#32 Richeyedwards

Richeyedwards

King of typos

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:02 AM

I thought aj but apparently those two had a segment this week.

#33 Gutenberger

Gutenberger

The German

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling (obviously), Football (The european version),
    Reading, Video Games, TV-Series, Movies, Comicbooks. . .

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:01 AM

I would assume AJ goes after him once SS is over, with the next PPV being after teh indian tour, so he can relieve us all form this reign of terror, once that tour is over.

#34 Mrzfn

Mrzfn
  • Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:44 AM

Had a thought, if Jinder holds the belt til 'Mania (I know, I know), what if Braun wins the Rumble and defects to Smackdown to murder him to death? It'd be a hell of a face turn and way to put a big spotlight on Braun.

#35 DMJ

DMJ
  • Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:06 AM

I'd personally love that booking 

But I also believe AJ will take the title in December/January. They ran Nakamura vs. Jinder for two months and Jinder/Orton for what felt like 3 (maybe just 2?), so there's no reason to think they won't do the same here and have AJ win it before at the Rumble. Who challenges AJ for the title at Mania is a good question - on one hand, Owens has been booked strong enough for him to make a run for the title post-Rumble, but the AJ/Owens feud just wrapped up a few months back and it definitely didn't set the world on fire. Nakamura/Styles has been a "fanboy rumor" all year (and they've both said in interviews that they'd love to do it), but who knows how over Nak will be 2 months from now let alone 6. 

#36 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 1152 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:15 AM

If it was me personally booking WWE id have AJ Styles take the belt and work towards a Wrestlemania match with Styles vs Nakamura!

I loved their match at Wrestle Kingdom and would love to see it happen at a Wrestlemania.

#37 Coffey

Coffey
  • Members
  • 4002 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

Mahal is not a "I hate that guy I want him to lose" heel, which is what heels should be. He's more of a 2004 JBL "I hate that guy I'm changing the channel he bores me call me when someone interesting is champ" heel. Which is NOT a good thing.

To be fair, on the internet this is literally what people say every time they don't like someone & want to justify disliking him. So it has lost its meaning over the years. Same as the infamous X-Pac Heat.

#38 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 11148 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:13 PM

So I wonder what is going on with the Rotunda family, Bo apparently has been sick to the point that Bray (and Jo Jo) was off TV the last two weeks because of it. It would seem that it must be something fairly serious for him to miss the last two shows prior to a PPV he had a highly pushed match at.

Maybe Bray's just as embarrassed as the rest of us of the Sister Abigail shit and is in hiding until the PPV. I just hope it's nothing too bad for Bo since I've been getting a kick out of his Miztourage character.

#39 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1326 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:16 PM

I read that it was meningitis which is no damn joke, that's for sure.  Even if you survive it, it can knock you on your ass for up to a year.

#40 Seabs

Seabs
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:20 PM

It's been reported as viral meningitis and Bray and JoJo are being kept at home as a precaution in case they've contacted it too. Take it with a pinch of salt because who knows but it's better than the fears where my mind was running to when there was nothing at all being reported.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users