Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TLC 2017

...TG

I will say that, ignoring the morality of Angle wrestling, I really admire WWE for pulling out all the stops to put on a worthy show for the people who bought tickets for this one. Taking a family of 4 and sitting lower deck will run you about $500 nowadays. So for all the talk of WWE not respecting their fans, props to them for trying to make things right.

They fucked us over in Chile for SD's house show by taking out AJ Styles. I was his first time here ever. Guess our money doesn't matter as much :lol:

Update: Owens is also out so HHH hopped on a plain and is working at least 1 of the 2 shows. I could care less about him but most fans here love him so I stand corrected. WWE did their best to fix 2 very different shows. Kudos.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say that, ignoring the morality of Angle wrestling, I really admire WWE for pulling out all the stops to put on a worthy show for the people who bought tickets for this one. Taking a family of 4 and sitting lower deck will run you about $500 nowadays. So for all the talk of WWE not respecting their fans, props to them for trying to make things right.

They fucked us over in Chile for SD's house show by taking out AJ Styles. I was his first time here ever. Guess our money doesn't matter as much :lol:

Update: Owens is also out so HHH hopped on a plain and is working at least 1 of the 2 shows. I could care less about him but most fans here love him so I stand corrected. WWE did their best to fix 2 very different shows. Kudos.

Yeah that's pretty cool. The HHH who worked those matches with Ambrose and Ziggler like he was a 1983 heel is pretty fun to watch, you might get some good stuff.

This card has turned bonkers. I am not sure what to make of all of it, but at least they are trying to make the best of it. Honestly, the Styles/Balor match is one of the more interesting pop-up matches in a while. Not only should it be good (nothing else for them to do but go out and tear it down), but I really have no idea what they do with the finish. Lots of possibilities.

Starting this thread early due to the news that Roman and Bray are off the show, I guess due to the meningitis. AJ Styles will take Bray's spot against Balor, and Roman's spot will be filled by...Kurt Angle? That's right, the recovering drug addict in his mid-forties with a bad neck is coming back in a TLC match, on two days notice with zero build. Besides the obvious worry about Roman's (and Bray/JoJo/Bo's) health, I was personally hoping to see The Shield back in action. I guess they felt like they had to replace it with an equally anticipated re-debut?

I would have saved his in ring return for a Wrestlemania or Summerslam PPV not a C PPV show like TLC.

Ideally that would be the best plan, but shit happens and I can see how WWE would feel one big deal (Angle's return) would make up for not being able to deliver the other big deal they built up for months (first Shield match).

I'm about as far removed from wrestling Twitter and the rumor mill as anyone on the planet, but wouldn't Matt Hardy have been the obvious candidate for that spot? I mean, the guy's already on the Raw roster. He's involved in a whole lot of nothing with Jeff on the shelf. He's got a vast amount of experience in the TLC setting. And he's still got some name value and star power for the casuals. Just seems like a no-brainer to plug him in there, especially if they're caught grasping at straws or in a bind.

I'm about as far removed from wrestling Twitter and the rumor mill as anyone on the planet, but wouldn't Matt Hardy have been the obvious candidate for that spot? I mean, the guy's already on the Raw roster. He's involved in a whole lot of nothing with Jeff on the shelf. He's got a vast amount of experience in the TLC setting. And he's still got some name value and star power for the casuals. Just seems like a no-brainer to plug him in there, especially if they're caught grasping at straws or in a bind.

It would certainly have been the most logical choice, considering the Shield stopped Strowman from beating Matt up a couple weeks ago which led to Braun being in the match in the first place. But I am greatly looking forward to seeing Kurt in the mix.

This card has turned bonkers. I am not sure what to make of all of it, but at least they are trying to make the best of it. Honestly, the Styles/Balor match is one of the more interesting pop-up matches in a while. Not only should it be good (nothing else for them to do but go out and tear it down), but I really have no idea what they do with the finish. Lots of possibilities.

Lights out, video, special effects, etc. magical distraction screwjob by Sister Abigail to screw Balor.

I'm assuming they just went with a guy they figured could work a good match with Finn on short notice. Plus they clearly see Matt as the lesser half of a nostalgia act and not someone that can be plugged into a promoted PPV match.

Yeah, I meant for the TLC match. And that's a flimsy excuse for them or anyone to employ anyway. If there's ever any promoted PPV match you could possibly plug Matt Hardy's nostalgia act into and have it actually work, then it's going to be a TLC match.

Plus, I don't really think Balor's opponent makes a dent either way in the big scheme of things. Always cool to get another Styles match on a big stage though. So no complaints there.

... Even if we *do* end up getting pumpkin patch paint & the obligatory Bray light show. :D

Lights out, video, special effects, etc. magical distraction screwjob by Sister Abigail to screw Balor.

"How can we make sure this match sucks like the original match would have?"

"Got it!"

Styles/Balor has been confirmed by WWE since yesterday.

I'm curious if we hear whether they inquired about Cena's availability/willingness to take Roman's place.

I doubt they even considered it because while Cena is still a big draw he wouldn't have been seen as something special enough to take away the anger at losing The Shield reunion in the main event. They had to do something BIG that would keep people who bought tickets from wanting refunds or being pissed off and shitting on the show in a GAB 91 type scenario. Angle was probably the one person they had readily available who fit that (no Matt Hardy does not fit that)

If they screwed with the gimmick, Matt could have replaced Bray though. He could portray possessed in some creative way.

Why the fuck would you want that to happen? I hope Vince sees Bray's Sister Abigail bullshit as cursed and we never see it again. Maybe he'll even go so far as release Bray so he can spread his plague to the indies.