Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV October 23 - October 29

...TG

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can somebody explain to me the point of the Asuka/Emma rematch last night?

Besides that they have no other RAW jobber women than I have no idea. it would smarter to just bring in women from the Mae Young Classic as easy victims. but if you have to use RAW talent then the only other person would be Dana Brooke and maybe Mickie James.

Can somebody explain to me the point of the Asuka/Emma rematch last night?

Besides that they have no other RAW jobber women than I have no idea. it would smarter to just bring in women from the Mae Young Classic as easy victims. but if you have to use RAW talent then the only other person would be Dana Brooke and maybe Mickie James.

They gave Nia Jax jobbers when she got called up.

What makes it worse is that she didn't just run through Emma in either match. I know she's not exactly the most formidable member of the division, but she did "win" the opportunity to face Asuka in her debut match. So theoretically, even more than just destroying a jobber, laying the smackdown on Emma could have had some positive results. Instead we got this murky middle ground where, yeah, she won both matches, but she didn't look good doing it.

I didn't see Raw. Is it true that Finn Balor (who beat AJ Styles at the PPV on Sunday) jobbed to Kane?!

For fuck's sake. What I said about Kane yesterday. Again.

I don't remember if it was at the PPV or on RAW (which I watched on Hulu) but Michael Cole said something along the lines of "Kane is one of the best of all-time!" and I audibly said "eww."

Never been a good promo. Not a great worker. His entire gimmick is piggy-backing off of the success of The Undertaker. Pre-Kane he was awful. I don't get their love for the character/gimmick. I'm sure Glen Jacobs is a great dude, by all accounts he seems to be, but holy hell do I not want to see him on WWE programming anymore. He was stale a goddamn decade ago. Now it's like a joke that never ends.

If you didn't see it, on RAW, Balor went up top for the double stomp. Kane sat-up and grabbed him by the throat, dragged him down from the top and Chokeslammed him. Picked him up and did it again. Picked him up and did it a third time. 1-2-3 clean in the middle. :-/

I didn't see Raw. Is it true that Finn Balor (who beat AJ Styles at the PPV on Sunday) jobbed to Kane?!

For fuck's sake. What I said about Kane yesterday. Again.

Never been a good promo. Not a great worker. His entire gimmick is piggy-backing off of the success of The Undertaker. Pre-Kane he was awful. I don't get their love for the character/gimmick.

Isn't he the only hold over from the attitude era? Seems to be how they treat all the wrestlers from the era.

The first couple years of the Kane gimmick were great, but a lot of that was due to being in angles with Taker/Foley/Bearer. Once he was wacky tag partners with X Pac, that was pretty much the end anything good.

If they insist on keeping him around, having him in a non wrestling role might not be a bad thing. Director of Operations Kane was fun for a a while.

I actually liked the Kane/Strowman stuff at TLC as it kinda reminded me of Kane as Jacob Goodnight. I'd also second the opinion that Kane is kind of proof of the Great Match Theory in that, as good as he might be, as well-respected as he may be in the lockerroom, the guy has had 20 years in this character and I don't think I could name a single Great Match he's been in. A hot angle here or there, sure, but a really great match? I can't name one off-hand. Which is why I liked the TLC performance - it was cartoonishly evil and that, to me, is where Kane can offer something different on the card. As a holdover feud for Strowman, it's not the worst idea.

But less is more with him and has been for awhile now. I was okay with him feuding with Strowman as long as the build-up was kept to just Kane trying more and more elaborately destructive ways to destroy him in non-match scenarios (the chair burial, the garbage truck), but beating Balor? Why? It doesn't add heat to his Strowman feud and I was under the impression that Balor beating Styles was supposed to revitalize him after months of the shitty Wyatt feud.

Is WWE turning into having a bunch of babies on the roster?

Sports Illustrated's writer Justin Barrasso reports on the real potential reason why Nia Jax has been absent lately. Reportedly, Nia Jax was booked lose clean to Sasha Banks at the WWE TLC Pay Per View and she, according to Sports Illustrated, "balked at the idea". Nia also called her cousin in real life, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, for advice and The Rock "encouraged her to walk away if she was unhappy". Nia then either walked out or sought some sort of leave of absence from the company.

Is WWE turning into having a bunch of babies on the roster?

This is a funny response to someone not wanting to do a job considering that for YEARS people online have been saying that wrestlers in WWE need to stand up for themselves and say no more often.

Nia is basically a rookie with very average talent at best who has done jackshit in "Da Biz" and who's only where she is because she's big and from the Family. So yeah, if she indeed had an ego booboo because she had to do a job to Sasha Banks, who's been working her ass off and killing herself for a while now, she's a big pussy with an oversize ego. That's not "standing up for yourself". Seriously now, where are Chiggy and Satomura to kick some of these people in the fucking teeth ?

HBK became one of the biggest stars in history in part due to knowing wins and losses matter and always being adverse to doing jobs.

I would probably say Nia might have overplayed her hand somewhat, being so early in her career and all, but Id never fault someone for doing what they think is best for themselves.

Plus this might work in her favor, as Vince tends to weirdly respect people who tell him no despite putting everyone who works for him in fear of losing their job.