Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV October 23 - October 29

...TG

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I agree Nia isn't really in a position to question doing a job to Sasha, whose fault is that? She was called up from NXT way too early, but she couldn't exactly say no to a better position and presumably more money. Being that she grew up in the family business, she has probably seen other "big" wrestlers like Big Show fail to live up to their potential because they weren't treated like the "giants" they should have been. If Nia is smart enough to avoid that, good on her.

Nia is basically a rookie with very average talent at best who has done jackshit in "Da Biz" and who's only where she is because she's big and from the Family. So yeah, if she indeed had an ego booboo because she had to do a job to Sasha Banks, who's been working her ass off and killing herself for a while now, she's a big pussy with an oversize ego. That's not "standing up for yourself". Seriously now, where are Chiggy and Satomura to kick some of these people in the fucking teeth ?

Didn't think you'd be in the 'people should suck it up, respect the business and do what Vince says' camp but here we are.

Bummer, Nia has been one of my favorite things about WWE the last 6 months. And just like the weird reactions when Low-Ki recently left whatever that fed is called, it's weird that people seem mad that a wrestler made a personal choice because they didn't agree with management. Being a pussy for disagreeing with WWE? What a fucking joke.

It really has nothing to do with "disagreeing with WWE or Vince" per say (really, doing a job is the basics of pro-wrestling), it's the fact a midcarder (who really is only where she is because she's been a corporate favourite to begin with and not someone who has been on the roads by herself trying to make a living for years) refusing to do a job, in 2017 mind you, is completely ridiculous. Plus, it's kinda insulting toward Sasha Banks. So, Sasha, who has done jobs left and right without complaining seemingly, isn't worthy of you doing your job ?

Now, wanna talk about "disagreeing with Vince and WWE" for real ? Let's have someone try to bite into that ridiculous "independant contractor" bullshit, now this would be interesting.

But being pissy about doing a job when you are 2 years and a half in the field ? Yeah, fuck that. Pussy, mark, diva, whatever.

Then again, if that's all rumours and she only wanted to get off the grind for a few weeks, well... kinda... wanna talk about the eighti... ok, I'll stop now. It's gonna be way too obvious I don't particulary care for Jaxx at this point.

I don't really understand how you can get so worked up over it; wins and losses should absolutely matter and not even sure what it being 2017 has to do with anything. And if we want to get into discussions about persisting with WWEs road schedule and not complaining about it, I'll side with Nia Jax all day over the side of the dude who wants to run workers into the ground. Just because it's been the norm for years doesn't make it right.

Weekly YouTube roundup:

Raw Top 5
1. Monday Night Raw falls under siege by Smackdown - 2.5m views
2. Brock Lesnar sets his sights on the "pretender" - 1.7m
3. Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose & AJ Styles vs. The Miz, Sheamus & Cesaro - 939k
4. Finn Balor vs. Kane - 847k
5. Kane reflects on his Big Red attack on Braun Strowman - 783k

Bottom 3
3. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks vs. Alicia Fox - 274k
2. Drew Gulak speaks for WWE Cruiserweight Champion - 180k
1. Jason Jordan vs. Elias - 159k

Smackdown Top 5
1. Orton and Zayn battle for spot on Smackdown's team - 1.12m
2. Shane McMahon addresses Smackdown's raid on Raw - 1.11m
3. AJ Styles vs. Sunil Singh - 587k
4. Jinder Mahal responds to Brock Lesnar - 530k
5. Fatal 5-Way Match - Winner Becomes Women's Survivor Series Captain - 455k

Bottom 3
3. Can Shane McMahon & Daniel Bryan relax - 186k
2. The Bludgeon Brothers are ready to dish out punishment - 183k
1. Bobby Roode issues a challenge to Dolph Ziggler - 136k

I don't really understand how you can get so worked up over it; wins and losses should absolutely matter and not even sure what it being 2017 has to do with anything.

I'm absolutely not worked up over it. People bitching about the fact someone made light of Nia for being a puss (if she did refuse to do a job) get worked up about it. ;) So it's kinda fun drilling the point home.

Not wanting to do a job on TV in 1985 an not wanting to do a job on TV in 2017 is not exactly the same thing. And really, I guess all of this talk makes Shawn Michaels a great professional in the mid-90's after all... I find it totally juvenile, immature and the sign of having an unwarranted ego, but whatever.

And again, it takes two to dance. So, what about the one you refuse to do the job for ? It's a big fuck you to that person, whose been working putting your sad ass over before and taking bumps for making your average offense look deadly. What about that part of the deal ? Funny how the whole thing is twisted into "Good that she stands up for herself against the evil office that wants her to do a job (god forbid)", without taking anything else into consideration. Selfish thinking all the way.

I'll side with Nia Jax all day over the side of the dude who wants to run workers into the ground. Just because it's been the norm for years doesn't make it right.

That part was obviously sarcastic on my part. But non-usage of smileys makes things difficult sometimes...

Someone playing a mister gimmick should in no circumstance be doing meaningless jobs on PPV pre-shows and if it turns out that that's the actual reason she's off TV, then fair play to her for recognising her value and asserting it. It would be different if she was refusing to drop a belt or something that has major storyline consequences. In that case she should obviously do business. But she's definitely right to resist doing things that will devalue her for such small gains.

El-P, would your opinion be different if she had, in your mind, 'paid her dues' or was a really good worker? Your previous post suggests that part of your issue is that you just don't like her.

El-P, would your opinion be different if she had, in your mind, 'paid her dues' or was a really good worker? Your previous post suggests that part of your issue is that you just don't like her.

Well, I have nothing against her, the person, obviously. As a worker, I find her to be not very good at her role as I've stated many many times (the comparison with Amazing Kong blasting on TNA in 2007 is murderous). She got her current spot solely because she's from a famous wrestling family and because she's big. So yeah, that makes this kind of selfish behaviour way more grating to me than say, a girl who would have struggled for ten years in indies scrapping for every buck she can make. I mean, good for her that she got the spot, but acting like a prima dona when everything was basically handled to you reeks of Warriorism, if you will.

That being said, refusing to do a job when you're basically a midcarder, whether you're the greatest worker ever or a complete tool, just doesn't set well in general, especially in the current form of what pro-wrestling is.

Now, for instance, Austin refusing to do a job for Lesnar on free TV when PPV still mattered, that's another kind of case.

I think the debate about "not doing a job" became broader, and Nia has simply become a case study at this point. There actually could be an entire thread about "Refusing to do a job" in the Military Industrial Suplex, makes for interesting discussions of different cases and contexts.

Ok, from Meltzer:

The situation with Jax is simply that she got a few weeks off because she wasn’t figured into a main program. She’ll be back for the European tour, but stories that she walked off, was mad about money or anything like that are inaccurate. While you could use the term leave of absence, she didn’t like that term since it’s just a few weeks off. Bliss, who is her good friend in real life, said that they talked about it a lot and that the schedule is very demanding and sometimes you get run down, and she said that everyone needs a reset

Meltzer:

The story of her walking out because they wanted her to job to Banks is clearly not true.

Talent isn't told of finishes for PPV dark matches usually until the day of the show. And if you pay attention, it often changes multiple times in the last few days.

She's booked for Europe. She's booked in the Survivor Series match. Always was. If she's not there for Europe, then that would give credence to the idea there is more to the story. If she is, then it pretty much confirms everything WWE and her friends and family are saying since day one.

I saw what Dave wrote. I remain skeptical for the reasons I stated. WWE isn't exactly known for being liberal with granting time off.

Because most people never ask for it. If you're getting a good push you don't want to ask for time off and risk losing momentum and when you're not figured in and just showing up to sit in catering I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be hard to get time off but then asking for it might make someone realize they don't need you around.

I saw what Dave wrote. I remain skeptical for the reasons I stated. WWE isn't exactly known for being liberal with granting time off.

Dude. There comes a time to just give up . I know you maniacs want to bitch and moan about everything. I get it. Youre all diseased and its not your fault. But this time, just stop.

Some of you people really need to have some sort of internal sit down about how you react to Dave. If you think his opinions about matches stink than thats fine. But when it comes to reporting, history, and obituaries..all written terribly.. no one compares.

So stop with the Well I know what Dave said but I have a hunch, bullshit.