WWE TV October 23 - October 29

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 Log

Log
  • Members
  • 916 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:08 AM

All that Nia stuff is bullshit. She just wanted to take a breather from the road.

Why is everyone ignoring this and still discussing Nia refusing to job? It didnt happen.

#42 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 9004 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:46 AM

I think the debate about "not doing a job" became broader, and Nia has simply become a case study at this point. There actually could be an entire thread about "Refusing to do a job" in the Military Industrial Suplex, makes for interesting discussions of different cases and contexts.

#43 Kadaveri

Kadaveri
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:39 PM

Why is everyone ignoring this and still discussing Nia refusing to job? It didnt happen.

I don't think hard evidence has been presented either way, it's all second-hand reports.

#44 NintendoLogic

NintendoLogic

Grim and frostbitten

• Members
  • 2785 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 02:23 PM

I honestly don't know what to think. The idea of someone who isn't a Reigns/Orton/Styles level star being freely granted time off for anything other than a family emergency sounds kind of fishy to me.

#45 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4526 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 03:25 PM

Ok, from Meltzer:

The situation with Jax is simply that she got a few weeks off because she wasn’t figured into a main program. She’ll be back for the European tour, but stories that she walked off, was mad about money or anything like that are inaccurate. While you could use the term leave of absence, she didn’t like that term since it’s just a few weeks off. Bliss, who is her good friend in real life, said that they talked about it a lot and that the schedule is very demanding and sometimes you get run down, and she said that everyone needs a reset

#46 Boondocks Kernoodle

Boondocks Kernoodle
  • Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 03:25 PM

Meltzer:

The story of her walking out because they wanted her to job to Banks is clearly not true.

Talent isn't told of finishes for PPV dark matches usually until the day of the show. And if you pay attention, it often changes multiple times in the last few days.

She's booked for Europe. She's booked in the Survivor Series match. Always was. If she's not there for Europe, then that would give credence to the idea there is more to the story. If she is, then it pretty much confirms everything WWE and her friends and family are saying since day one.

#47 NintendoLogic

NintendoLogic

Grim and frostbitten

• Members
  • 2785 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:09 PM

I saw what Dave wrote. I remain skeptical for the reasons I stated. WWE isn't exactly known for being liberal with granting time off.

#48 goc

goc

A disgrace to Joe Blanchard

• Members
  • 7437 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:22 PM

I saw what Dave wrote. I remain skeptical for the reasons I stated. WWE isn't exactly known for being liberal with granting time off.

Because most people never ask for it. If you're getting a good push you don't want to ask for time off and risk losing momentum and when you're not figured in and just showing up to sit in catering I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be hard to get time off but then asking for it might make someone realize they don't need you around.

#49 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4526 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:52 PM

Dude. There comes a time to just give up . I know you maniacs want to bitch and moan about everything. I get it. Youre all diseased and its not your fault. But this time, just stop.
Some of you people really need to have some sort of internal sit down about how you react to Dave. If you think his opinions about matches stink than thats fine. But when it comes to reporting, history, and obituaries..all written terribly.. no one compares.
So stop with the Well I know what Dave said but I have a hunch, bullshit.

#50 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 9338 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:19 AM

I'm not really sure we should be so quick to accept WWE just granting Nia Jax time off because she "asked for it" given how this company feels about vacations and personal time. No matter who her relatives are.

#51 goc

goc

A disgrace to Joe Blanchard

• Members
  • 7437 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:29 AM

Please tell me all the well known examples of people in WWE who aren't headliners & drawing cards asking for time off and having it denied because I can't think of any

#52 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4155 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:10 AM

WWE released Emma

#53 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4155 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:16 AM

@chillhartman saying this will not be the only release today. Damn.

#54 NintendoLogic

NintendoLogic

Grim and frostbitten

• Members
  • 2785 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:25 AM

Dude. There comes a time to just give up . I know you maniacs want to bitch and moan about everything. I get it. Youre all diseased and its not your fault. But this time, just stop.
Some of you people really need to have some sort of internal sit down about how you react to Dave. If you think his opinions about matches stink than thats fine. But when it comes to reporting, history, and obituaries..all written terribly.. no one compares.
So stop with the Well I know what Dave said but I have a hunch, bullshit.

Dude. It should be obvious by now that I'm hardly the type to reflexively take issue with everything Dave says, so step off with that bullshit. He's by far the best in the business at what he does, but he's not infallible. He's not above making mistakes or being worked by his sources. Taking his reporting with a grain of salt when certain things don't add up doesn't make you a maniac.

WWE released Emma

She must have asked for time off.

But seriously, this makes the Asuka matches even more inexplicable.

#55 Superstar Sleeze

Superstar Sleeze
  • Members
  • 3300 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:43 AM

It is sad but I think the Fashion Files are dead. It was can't miss hilarious for a long stretch. The last episode was boring and this episode actually sucked. :(

#56 Coffey

Coffey
  • Members
  • 3850 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:53 AM

That was my exact thought. That Asuka PPV debut makes even LESS sense now and it didn't make any to begin with. 

#57 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 9004 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:57 AM

That was my exact thought. That Asuka PPV debut makes even LESS sense now and it didn't make any to begin with. 

Dumb. As. Fuck.

They could have something in her and fucked it up completely.

Hope Emma lands somewhere she gets happy and makes money. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users