Pro Wrestling Only

BRAWL (Bloody Rage American Wrestling League) Promotion

jameshold

In the WON Daily Update for Monday, OCT 23, 2017, it mentioned a wrestling promotion called BRAWL (Bloody Rage American Wrestling League). Does anybody out there have any contact information for this group? I googled them but did not see an address for getting in touch with them.

I ask because in my wrestling fiction OUT OF TEXAS book series, available at Amazon and at Smashwords, I also write about a wrestling promotion called BRAWL (Brazos River Area Wrestling League). It first appeared in my now out-of-print book REMEMBER THE ALOE, MOE, originally published by iUniverse, Inc, 2007, ISBN 9780595441242. I later reworked that book into OUT OF TEXAS 4 : JOSIE AND THE ALLEY CAT, published Aug. 21, 2014, ISBN 9781311022073.

I don't know who has priority on the name and would like to make sure there is no conflict, with the goal of making sure we are both free to use the name without any legal complications.

If anyone has any information on how I might contact the group, or can suggest places to look or other people to contact, I would be greatly indebted to you. Again, I'm not out to stir up trouble and I'm sure it should be amicably possible for both of us to use the name for our different purposes.

Thanks.

I know a little bit about BRAWL as they are a New Jersey-based indie group that used to run pretty close to my parents' house, though I never went to any of their shows . They use some of the same guys that have worked for another New Jersey-based indie group that I used to work with called the UWC, the common connection being that both are run by former students of Iron Mike Sharpe when he ran his wrestling school in Asbury Park. They have a website (at Angelfire of all places, and it looks to have been updated as they have results from 2017 listed) and a Facebook page I've linked for you below.

For what it's worth, I would not expect them to come after you. They have been around since the late 90's, but this is a group that really only runs maybe once or twice a year, if that, and they mostly use a crew of unknowns unless you really know the Jersey indie scene pretty deeply. These days it seems like they're basically just using a crew of family and friends, so I would not be concerned that they're going to try to sue you, especially if you're in a completely different part of the country. If anything, knowing the wrestling business, they're more likely to raise a stink if you mention this to them than if you just left it alone.

http://www.angelfire.com/nj/brawlwrestling/

https://www.facebook.com/BRAWLWrestling/