Pro Wrestling Only

GWWE: History of the British Bulldogs in WWF

The run of the British Bulldogs is crucial to both the candidacy of Davey Boy Smith & Dynamite Kid. I will be voting for Davey Boy (probably in the bottom 25) based on the strength of drawing at Wembley and being a strong upper midcard act from late 1995 (4 straight main events, then a two month run with Michaels in '96) through his departure in 1997. Couple this with being in the ace babyface tag team from mid-1985 to mid-1987 makes him a lock. You will never confuse Davey Boy for a MENSA member or a psychological genius, but he was very capable and very atheltic. He was the personifcation of a million dollar body and a ten cent brain. That meant great ring generals like Bret and Shawn (yes, Shawn!, dont roll your eyes at me, I can hear you.) could get a lot of mileage out of him. He is like a less over, but more technically sound Sting.

Dynamite Kid does not do much for me. I think Benoit did everything just as well or better than Dynamite. Benoit is light years better at selling than Dynamite and Benoit is a total asskicking machine in the same way Dynamite was but Benoit had more competition that was willing to take it. The Bulldogs run alone is not enough to warrant inclusion and I thought Davey Boy was much better at both the hot tag and selling than Dynamite.

The British Bulldogs remind me a lot of the Steiners in that they are just big, dumb fun. They clearly had a very Japanese mentality towards wrestling where offense and highspots mattered a lot more than selling and bumping. Dont overthink the Bulldogs they are just fun.

http://ridingspacemountain.blogspot.com/2013/09/history-of-british-bulldogs-1985-1988.html?m=1