WWE releases

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 1931 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:43 PM

Yes, he (Drew) sure made the best of his situation making a name and developping himself in the indies. But it's way harder now to make a living than it was during the territory days though.

Jinder I really think beneficiated from a last minute decision to go after the Indian market. When he was first brought back, it was one of those TL Hopper/Sal Sincere deal.

I remember Sal Sincere getting decent build-up at first, but like many other things, Vince seemingly soured on him quickly. But that wasn't your point, I know. :P

With Jinder, I think it was the Indian market + his newfound dedication to "taking his vitamins, saying his prayers, and believing in himself." ;) But I'm not sure those were the only reasons...

As much of a mixed bag as Jinder has been, even he admits his release was a "blessing in disguise" because it forced him to change his attitude. This is an interesting interview with him on the topic:

http://www.wrestlezo...t-wrestlemania

He goes into how his approach and attitude changed, and I don't just mean his physique (lol) - he talks about the way he approaches Vince now vs. before, etc.

So, right place, right time, right attitude, and especially right body. :D

Certe. I can see we were not talking from the same perspective and you were strictly talking about the pro-wrestling aspect of it, so, I apologize for being a bit too froggy (then again, I'm French…). I guess I'm wee bit sensitive about those work issues these days.

No worries. You are a good poster here and I always enjoy a spirited debate. I hope everything is going okay with you, work-wise.

#62 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 9004 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:20 PM

I remember Sal Sincere getting decent build-up at first, but like many other things, Vince seemingly soured on him quickly. But that wasn't your point, I know. :P

I was a Sal Sincere fan. I wanted the guy to be pushed at IC title level ! Maybe it was all the Nino Rota-like theme. But in fact no, I liked when they pushed the guy under his real name against Marc Mero too.

No worries. You are a good poster here and I always enjoy a spirited debate. I hope everything is going okay with you, work-wise.

Thanks. Yeah, it's ok. I'm just getting into those moods...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users