Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-01-22-ECCW-Insanity TV] High Fivin' White Boyz (Chance Beckett & Havoc) vs Glamour Order of Discipline (Johnny Canuck & Michelle Starr)

Loss

This was given some time so I thought it might deliver, but it didn't, really. I think they used up all of their good ideas in their team names, which I will admit were awesome. There was nothing at all inspired or structured about this. They were just doing things to do things. Skippable in every way once you know their cool tag team names.

‘The White Boyz’ are Chance Beckett and Havoc, while the ‘Glamour Order of Discipline’ consists of ‘Loverboy’ Johnny Canuck and ‘Gorgeous’ Michelle Starr. The GOD jump the White Boyz as they’re swivelling their hips to the camera. Stereo chops in the corner, but as the GOD look to whip the White Boyz into each other, the whips are reversed and it’s the ‘Loverboy’ and ‘the Gorgeous one’ who collide in the middle of the ring. Poor looking double dropkick on Canuck with neither man getting up higher than his waist (although the commentator has the gall to call it a ‘high’ double dropkick). The camera misses a Havoc suicide dive, choosing to focus on some woman at ringside who I think is the valet of the GOD, and Chance with a very rough looking Asai moonsault. Flying back elbow to Canuck for two. The big man reverses the Irish whip and Starr with a knee into the back of Beckett. Double clothesline and a nice double team backbreaker/legdrop combination. Legdrop off the middle by Starr, however he slightly overshoots it and Beckett gets a face full of backside! Desperation sunset flip, which Starr then counters by just dropping to his knees on his opponent for another close fall. Canuck grabs hold of Beckett, but as Starr runs at him, Chance frees himself and he hits his own partner with a flying forearm. DDT on Starr, and he’s able to make the hot tag to Havoc. Scoop slam for two, as Canuck is now loitering around ringside. He finds himself a garbage can, and with the official preoccupied, nails Havoc over the back with it. Starr with a ‘tiger driver’ and that’s enough for the win. Post-match Canuck waffles the HFWB with the trash can as if he’s auditioning to be a Moondog. Commissioner and owner of ECCW, Dave Republic, enters the ring and hits Starr in the back with a chair. That has no effect though and they lay him out with the garbage can. Canuck collects himself a table and puts Republic on it. When he climbs the turnbuckles though, Buffy (the nameless valet) stands in between them, as it transpires she’s Republic’s nephew (although previously estranged). Starr clotheslines her, lays her on the table and Canuck comes off the middle with a splash putting her through it.

I thought the ‘Glamour Order of Discipline’ were going to be a pair of grizzly, crafty veterans, but what they were was disappointing. Starr was passable, while Canuck was an overweight middle aged man whose best days are behind him; a couple of nice spots but that was pretty much it. The White Boyz were super green and most of their stuff didn’t look good which made for a scrappy affair. The finish was a bit contrived, what with the official having to be distracted, the way it wa executed, and I couldn’t care less about the post-match. Why even is the owner of the company attacking the wrestlers from behind with a chair?

• 2 weeks later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2000-01-22-ECCW-Insanity TV] High Fivin' White Boyz (Chance Beckett & Havoc) vs Glamour Order of Discipline (Johnny Canuck & Michelle Starr)