Pro Wrestling Only

WWE October 30 - November 5

FMKK

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually thought they might be building to Bryan as captain of Team SD until the lights went out and he was on the phone with Brie and then, of course, Kane shows up to kill him. I don't know if that's writing him off of tv, and if it was it was well done, because that's literally the first time he's been bumped since he was forced to retire. And, who was the last guy he faced? Kane. And it was a well done pre-tape because it legit looked like Kane gave him the chokeslam, when of course he really didn't.

I also thought the pre-tape stuff with the Miz and entourage and then Braun was well done.

And back to Kane, I don't mind him coming back and killing people because it's ultimately him putting over Braun (I think and hope that's the case) and it's probably his last run. And really, Kane has had a great WWF/WWE career, I know some people are sick of him, but in kayfabe he's always been portrayed as a total monster killer, so there is no shame ore hurt in guys losing to him. I actually really liked what they did with him on RAW. My only complaints were it looked like he was spiking dudes on their heads when he did the tombstone.......and then that story wise Kane really should have showed up to attack Braun at the end........but I also don't hate that they are saving it

Kane and Taker have always been very good at making it look like they kill dudes with their Tombstones, but when you go back and rewatch it they don’t come anywhere close to making contact.

I know Kane has always been safe with it and hasn't hurt anyone that I'm aware of, but for whatever reason when he did it to Rollins and Ambrose and the one on the stage they weren't as safe looking as I'm used to seeing from him. Maybe that's just me, but it seems like he's always been good at taking it on his knees and protecting the head, and on these it seemed like the head was dangerously close to taking at least half the impact

but again, maybe that's just me and I need to go back and rewatch

I remember Kane not using the Tombstone quite a while and it being to issues with his knees. Am i right there or totally off? If so, why is he using it again?

Think you are right, recall hearing something similar. It's probably because he's working much of a lighter schedule these days/been off the road for months so they might be less of an issue? Especially as this is *probably* his last real run so also prepared to just suck it up as it's a move that's always over?*

*wishful thinking

People are mad about how hard Kane is getting pushed but he's only getting pushed that hard so he can be fed to Braun. Do the people who think Braun should be The Guy instead of Roman not realize that if you give Braun the title then every challenger is going to have to get pushed as hard as Kane is right now before their title match?

There's a discussion on the F4W board about Alexa Bliss. I hardly ever watch now, but what they're saying matches up with my view from afar. She's a heel champion who hardly ever gets upstaged in promo battles or has to resort to cheating to win big matches. There's the occasional countout/DQ/screwjob finish, but then she wins the blowoff match clean. Her programs consist of her calling her opponents losers and then being proven right. It'd be one thing if she were having great matches along the way. But she's a middling worker at best, so it's just a bummer all around.

Yeah, it's weird how the discussions go when it involves the women. A male heel booked like Alexa would get crucifed, but when it happens in the women's division it's WWE's fault for ruining the babyfaces. I like Alexa but she's basically been Stephanie'ing the whole roster so far.

In most cases, she's only winning the blowoffs, she isn't winning everything every week. Coming from SDL (where she put over Naomi three straight times on the way out), she comes to RAW and beats Bayley quick for the title to establish her on Raw.

From there she went in to the Sasha feud, where she lost by countout at Great Balls of Fire, got pinned in a tag the next night, lost clean to Bayley the following week, and then lost the title to Sasha at Summerslam with no wins in between. Then she regains the title in the only time she ever beat Sasha. After that it was back to losing tags and a clean singles loss to Nia on Raw before No Mercy.

Now she only looks strong because she retained in a four way and has two straight wins over Mickie James, who had basically been brought back as the veteran to put others over, which I believe is only being done to build her up some to feed to Asuka. The fact that when she does win, is usually a clean win, is actually refreshing to me. I think she's one of the best talkers in the company but as far as not losing promo battles, I feel like Mickie punked her out almost weekly in their feud including laying her out with her finish just last week.

Personally, I'm a big Alexa fan and feel like a lot of some peoples resentment towards her push has been because it's finally pushed Bayley to the background somewhat. Everyone else in the division is kept pretty strong. Alexa beat Sasha one time ever, hasn't beat Nia, etc. Asuka's there now, Mickie got more usage in this feud than she has since returning and even Alicia Fox is getting used this month.

I know Kane has always been safe with it and hasn't hurt anyone that I'm aware of, but for whatever reason when he did it to Rollins and Ambrose and the one on the stage they weren't as safe looking as I'm used to seeing from him. Maybe that's just me, but it seems like he's always been good at taking it on his knees and protecting the head, and on these it seemed like the head was dangerously close to taking at least half the impact

I've just rewatched the tombstone on the stage and Finn's head doesn't connect at all. Kane's safe.

Alucard - I think you're underestimating the significance of Alexa winning in the end. It's backwards booking for a heel to yes suffer setbacks but always gets the last laugh. There aren't many movies where the hero wins some battles in the beginning/middle but then loses to the villain at the end.

I've just

and Finn's head doesn't connect at all. Kane's safe.

Alucard - I think you're underestimating the significance of Alexa winning in the end. It's backwards booking for a heel to yes suffer setbacks but always gets the last laugh. There aren't many movies where the hero wins some battles in the beginning/middle but then loses to the villain at the end.

It's not particularly backwards booking to have a sustained heel title run. It's clearly a set up to job her to either Nia or Asuka in the end so I see no issue with building her up strong to lead into that.