WWE October 30 - November 5

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4765 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:48 PM

You know what makes Zigglers act even more awful than it already was? The stupid record needle scratching to cut his music. Its 2017, most of the audience doesnt even know what a record player is.
I love that Vince probably thinks Ellsworth in a dog suit is just silly shit that he thinks is hilarious, and has no idea what a Furry/ Dom deal is. 😄

#62 Kadaveri

Kadaveri
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:22 PM

I don't get the argument that Bayley (who has actually gotten booed at times) and Sasha Banks (who feels a little like she's peaked already) are a hotter hand to play than keeping Bliss champion and letting her garner more and more fan hatred.

Bayley was really over for many months on the main roster right until that feud with Bliss where she lost every match and was scripted to look like a total idiot. And whether she's 'peaked' or not it's still true that Sasha Banks is WWE's biggest TV draw in 2016/17 outside of Cena and Goldberg whereas Bliss is one of their worst. The rating in the 3rd hour bombed for the Alexa/Mickie main event and did even worse in the young female demographic, compare that to Sasha vs. Charlotte nearly outdrawing Goldberg's return under a year ago.

I just don't buy any of these conventional pro-wrestling explanations as none of it adds up. I'm reminded more of Vince McMahon's repeated statements in WWE corporate reports since around 2012 that WWE The Brand is the attraction now and no individual performer affects business. That business strategy correlates with how they book, no one with momentum gets to ride it lest they get too big to fail and with WWE's huge gender pay-gap the impact on women is even greater.

#63 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4765 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:00 PM

Rusev and English are my new favorite act. They're fucking tremendous. It totally has that feel of two guys thrown together with nothing going on who luck into chemistry. And it helps that both are awesome performers both in matches and in backstage stuff. Oh, and Rusev has a catchphrase, and it's awesome. I myself, am at this moment, celebrating Rusev Day.

And, I need to clarify, now that I saw the whole show, they're my favorite up and coming act. Sami and Owens are my favorite top act. Outstanding.

#64 Log

Log
  • Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:07 AM

Add to that Rusev not knowing what elated meant and now using it every week. Thats the kind of character development you dont usually see on WWE tv.

#65 DMJ

DMJ
  • Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:25 AM

I don't get the argument that Bayley (who has actually gotten booed at times) and Sasha Banks (who feels a little like she's peaked already) are a hotter hand to play than keeping Bliss champion and letting her garner more and more fan hatred.

Bayley was really over for many months on the main roster right until that feud with Bliss where she lost every match and was scripted to look like a total idiot. And whether she's 'peaked' or not it's still true that Sasha Banks is WWE's biggest TV draw in 2016/17 outside of Cena and Goldberg whereas Bliss is one of their worst. The rating in the 3rd hour bombed for the Alexa/Mickie main event and did even worse in the young female demographic, compare that to Sasha vs. Charlotte nearly outdrawing Goldberg's return under a year ago.

I just don't buy any of these conventional pro-wrestling explanations as none of it adds up. I'm reminded more of Vince McMahon's repeated statements in WWE corporate reports since around 2012 that WWE The Brand is the attraction now and no individual performer affects business. That business strategy correlates with how they book, no one with momentum gets to ride it lest they get too big to fail and with WWE's huge gender pay-gap the impact on women is even greater.

I don't know if I'm 100% with you on how over Bayley was by the time the Bliss feud happened, but I will readily fess up to my ignorance of Banks' TV drawing power. With that fact in mind, Sasha should've been built up as Bliss' "final challenge"/the ace chasing the title rather than as Bliss' first victim. 

I won't backtrack entirely either, though, as I'm still of the opinion that Bliss is deserving of her title reign. I'll admit that part of that is because she was in the right place at the right time with the right heel/face disposition (and unfortunate mistakes they'd made with Sasha and Bayley meant they weren't) but I also think she's hit the ball out of the park as of late. Those matches with Sasha felt more "real" than Reigns/Cena ended up feeling considering they were built on the same "IRL they don't like eachother!" hype. I also second the person who said her facial expressions and basic offense tell a story better than all the high-risk hijinks that Charlotte and Sasha throw in almost every one of their matches.

#66 Robert S

Robert S
  • Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:14 PM

Sad to see that they are doing another Enzo vs. Kalisto match at Survivor Series. Somehow I was hoping for a 205 Live 5 vs 5 elimination match, that could have been a lot more fun to watch, would definitely had more heat and could have turned some eyes on 205 Live.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users