Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-01-28-ECW-TNN] Yoshihiro Tajiri vs Little Guido

Loss

Like Guido's match with Crazy two weeks earlier, this only got about 7 minutes, but wow, did they make the most of it. The commercial break after the intros and then again after a minute or so of action is more than a little frustrating, but at least we get to see a fully realized match that's far more violent than their usual fare. It's amazing how these guys were truly able to create something different almost every time out. Tajiri was mostly the showcased guy in this case, but Guido wrestled like a guy pissed off with something to prove. I thought this was pretty awesome and I liked the extra emphasis on hate. ***1/2

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I liked this a bunch, and for a match-up I feel like I've seen a hundred times, it never really gets stale. Is it the best match-up in ECW history? Tajiri was really fun again here and I liked how organic the Tarantula spot came across. The mocking of Guido's punch drunk selling was pretty great, too.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-01-28-ECW-TNN] Yoshihiro Tajiri vs Little Guido