Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-09-14-IWRG] Octagoncito & Mascarita Sagrada vs Piratita Morgan & Fuercita Guerrera

soup23

Another in a long line of enjoyable but pretty forgettable mini match. I don't know of a comparison to this era of stuff that we have seen in 2000. Maybe late 80's WWF tag team wrestling in that the matches were generally really solid but not great a ton of the times. I do think the late 80's WWF stuff had a higher ceiling than what we have seen from the minis here. In this match, i was glad to see Sagrada opposite Piratita as they are probably my two favorite mini workers of the year. Piratita is not flashy by any means but his clunky offense works and he projects himself as a rudo. Still looking for that blowaway match but these matches have been consistently good. *** (6.1)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This had a little more urgency than the six-man tag but it was still missing something. I don't know if it's because the rudos are slow or the tecnicos not doing enough flying. I can't help but compare it to the AAA stuff. AAA Mascarita is better than IWRG version and the AAA rudos make the tecnicos look better.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-09-14-IWRG] Octagoncito & Mascarita Sagrada vs Piratita Morgan & Fuercita Guerrera