PWO 1988 - 1992 Draft Discussion

LowBlowPodcast

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Philadelphia for me

Do we have a spreadsheet of the available names

I understand the idea of having a spreadsheet but honestly if we were to try and compile a list it would have thousands of names on it especially since we're going from all over the world and it would just be too much to try and grasp. I can give you some links to look at some people that were active at that time maybe look at the pwi lists or something like that as a reference I know that's what I did to make my big board that's got over 200 names on it already and that's just people that I'd like to draft not necessarily the thousands that are available to draft

Philadelphia for me

Do we have a spreadsheet of the available names

I understand the idea of having a spreadsheet but honestly if we were to try and compile a list it would have thousands of names on it especially since we're going from all over the world and it would just be too much to try and grasp. I can give you some links to look at some people that were active at that time maybe look at the pwi lists or something like that as a reference I know that's what I did to make my big board that's got over 200 names on it already and that's just people that I'd like to draft not necessarily the thousands that are available to draft

I just poured over cards on Prowrestlinghistory.com and Wrestlingdata.com from '88-'92 that were similar to the style I want to run and started putting together a depth chart. If you've got a clear vision of what you want your card to look like, it's a ton easier than going over a spreadsheet and trying to remember who is who and what they were doing when.

Just wondering, the idea is he book a super card and can book the build up to it, eh? Like i can book 6 months of TV leading to this one super card?

What might be a nice idea, is that we do the draft. Book whatever we want up to one super card, call that year one. Then do another draft with anyone new from 93-97 and anyone each promotion wants to drop and do the same thing with one super card for year 3, and so on.

Just an idea.

I think it is up to you... for me, I plan on making my roster, creating a post to hype a show and then writing it out.

In terms of the next stage... the idea of a Keeper would be interesting... and then to add to it, maybe only one keeper and reverse order from this initial draft to begin the draft.

The idea of 93-97 is very complexing to me in terms of the sheer amount of talent who could be top tier guys. I know 88-92 is glamorized but in my opinion, there are more top tier guys in that 93-97 draft than this one. The 88-92 has a ton of complimentary workers which gives it the edge of 93-97.

We can do this draft and then outline some plans and ideas. The idea of 1 keeper is something I am interested in for sure.

With less than 12 hours to go, hope everybody's having fun trying to finalize any potential draft board plan.

I have a question. As I'm looking at the wrestlers I'm finding they're falling into three groups: those that I know what year version I want to use, those that I have no idea what year to use, and those that the year I'd use will depend on who else I draft. Do we have to commit to the year when we draft or do we have a window to change the year up to when the draft ends (after which all years are final and every wrestler must have a year assigned)? What do you guys feel would be best?

I feel the year needs to be committed to when the drafting occurs.

Drafting Randy Savage 1989 means Randy Savage is off the board for everyone else and it feels a little cheap to be able to say "I ended up with too many heels. I actually don't need "Macho King" anymore so I'm going to use the 1992 version of Savage".

Drafting Randy Savage 1989 means Randy Savage is off the board for everyone else and it feels a little cheap to be able to say "I ended up with too many heels. I actually don't need "Macho King" anymore so I'm going to use the 1992 version of Savage".

I agree with that sentiment

I agree with that sentiment

Agreed as well.

I will create a database thread as well to not only update the master draft list but also start putting more rosters together so it will be a quicker reference.

As a reminder we will enforce a 24-hour time. For a draft pick for the first 20 rounds or so and then cut it down at 12. If you need a proxy just send me your list

Well... this is kinda bumming me out. I'd hoped everyone would be excited for the draft, we'd get off to a fast start. maybe bang out 3 or 4 rounds before bed-time (10 pm here)

Yeah Monday is a tough day to draft, hence me pushing for the weekend. We'll see what happens and go from there. If someone misses 2 or 3 picks we can evaluate their participation. We'll get it done.