PWO 1988 - 1992 Draft Discussion

• Please log in to reply
531 replies to this topic

#61 Beast

Beast
  • Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:43 AM

Happy Hogan is off the table so I don't have to choose him.

Fairly certain my top pick will make it to me.....we will see.

#62 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 3184 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:49 AM

Happy Hogan is off the table so I don't have to choose him.

Fairly certain my top pick will make it to me.....we will see.

Johhny B Badd will be off the table when it's your turn beast... So move on to number 2

#63 Beast

Beast
  • Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:55 AM

*kicks the ground*

#64 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 8191 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:40 PM

12 hours or 24 before the person gets passed?

#65 Lee Casebolt

Lee Casebolt
  • Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:44 PM

24 hours.

#66 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 8191 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:55 PM

12 makes more sense. People only sleep for 8 hours, usually. 12 gives people lots of time.

#67 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 3184 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:14 PM

12 makes more sense. People only sleep for 8 hours, usually. 12 gives people lots of time.

If we continue to have this much after the first round I say we go 12.

#68 Lee Casebolt

Lee Casebolt
  • Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:26 PM

I've run similar games on other boards and the format we always used was 24 hours for the first round and 6 hours for subsequent rounds. 

#69 Beast

Beast
  • Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:34 PM

I back that

#70 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 3184 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:37 PM

Maybe 12 until round 10 and 6 after? That seems easy enough... you have to be invested in something like this to finish it...

#71 El Boricua

El Boricua
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 1572 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:57 PM

Has anyone DM'd joeg make sure he knows we're live and it's his turn? I think almost everyone had checked in at some point the past few days.

#72 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 3184 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:09 PM

Yeah I messaged him but nothing.

#73 elliott

elliott
  • Members
  • 1343 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:58 PM

I've been traveling and only just saw this. Would love to jump in if it isn't too late. But is anyone thinking about Mexico? I'm interested in joining up, but I'm not sure it makes sense if I was just drafting the luchadores against myself. :)

#74 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 3184 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:01 PM

Honestly, if I had to put you in, I would have to rearrange every round... best I could do is make you the last pick in every round unless everyone wants me to re-do the draft order for each round?

I could maybe throw you in the later rounds but again it is re-doing every rounds order that we've already put up. 

#75 Lee Casebolt

Lee Casebolt
  • Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:04 PM

Early picks reinforce my long-held belief that 1989 is the best year in wrestling history.

#76 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 3184 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:05 PM

Early picks reinforce my long-held belief that 1989 is the best year in wrestling history.

I agree... not only are the ppvs fun, but I throughly enjoy the television... even the B shows are fun. Just an overall fantastic year of fandom.

#77 elliott

elliott
  • Members
  • 1343 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:08 PM

Honestly, if I had to put you in, I would have to rearrange every round... best I could do is make you the last pick in every round unless everyone wants me to re-do the draft order for each round?

I could maybe throw you in the later rounds but again it is re-doing every rounds order that we've already put up. 

Oh well I don't want you to go to any extra trouble. I'll enjoy from the sidelines. Solar and Super Astro better end up on the Moon! :)

#78 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 3184 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:13 PM

Oh well I don't want you to go to any extra trouble. I'll enjoy from the sidelines. Solar and Super Astro better end up on the Moon! :)

There will be another as long as we can keep this rolling and if someone drops out or doesn't make the cut here with their picks, you'll be the first alternate to come in if you'd like. 

#79 Lee Casebolt

Lee Casebolt
  • Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:13 PM

If things go bad, I may need a Lucha Consultant in the late rounds.

#80 El Boricua

El Boricua
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 1572 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:12 AM

Aw man, somebody more focused on Mexico (with a show actually from Mexico) would have been great. One possible way of integrating Elliot is sticking him last in round 1, first in round 2, then for the remaining odd number rounds generate a random number between 1 and 14. You'd place him in that spot for that round, then place him in the equivalent spot for the event round snake order.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users