Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV November 5 - November 11

PeteF3

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://twitter.com/shanemcmahon/status/928276028165971968

So we have the fifth member of smackdowns team and it's a big one.

Coming back so quickly could not have been the initial plan when he left after loosing to Roman. The way he acted after the match made it feel like a long term thing until mania at the earliest until he came back. But he is announced two weeks out from survivor series on twitter of all things not on last night's smackdown.

What the hell happened in the last week? Why all this shaking up? Business has seemed fine, I don't know what's gotten into Vince, but it's interesting.

yeah it's weird. Maybe I'm wrong but it does have the feel of a "Hunter gets in Vince's ear on a long plane ride" type feel to it. Like when he convinced Vince to all of a sudden have Bryan turn on the Wyatts

Pretty sure the ending of Survivor Series was going to be Sami and Owens costing team SD the elimination match. That's probably out the window now. Have no idea now. Maybe they put Jinder in that spot for Shane making him defend the title before the PPV. Or just have SD win and tease Stephanie firing Kurt

Kevin Owens thinks he's too good to get run off by The New Day? People love talking shit about how unprofessional Brock is but he let himself get choked out by Samoa Joe on Raw then beat down by Braun and KO couldn't get hit with a few moves then take off out of the ring?

I hope Vince decides that ROH breeds nothing but malcontents and unprofessional people and tells HHH he's barred from hiring anymore alumni. I'd say go as far as fire The Undisputed Era geeks before they can taint the main roster locker room.

Very odd that Owens and Zayn would be this tough to work with while getting the biggest pushes of their careers. Owens got to kill Vince and beat Shane in the main event of HITC. Zayn is finally breaking through to a main event spot after languishing for 18 months. Do they love Jimmy Jacobs that much? Why be difficult now?

What the hell happened in the last week? Why all this shaking up? Business has seemed fine, I don't know what's gotten into Vince, but it's interesting.

Ratings kinda suck. Live attendance kinda suck.

But yeah, all this shaking up makes SS much more intringuing on paper (much like last PPV).

Hate to be a shill for Brandon and Chris, but...

An analysis of attendance estimates suggests WWE’s live event business for September 2017 was not far off from what it usually is for that month. Turnouts for SmackDown TV tapings however are arguably disappointing in light of the brand split that’s been underway since July 2016, an effect that may be due to the absence of John Cena.

Meanwhile a study of Google searches and Wikipedia page views hint at a recent, marginal decline in overall product interest that is not merely seasonal. However television viewership of RAW and SmackDown in September 2017 was on par with that of September 2016.

https://www.fightful.com/brandon-howard-wwe-business-attendance-down

WWE is saying it’ll be even more profitable than previously thought. In the company’s third quarter earnings report released today, it raised its adjusted OIBDA (a measurement of profit) projection for full year of 2017 from a record-setting $100 million to in the range of $108 million to $112 million. For the entire year of 2018, WWE predicts it will break the record again, bringing in “at least” $115 million.

https://www.fightful.com/wwe-upgrades-profit-projections-network-subs-attendance-update

Listen to the last two episodes of Wrestlenomics radio. The photos we see online is not even half of the story.

The ProWrestlingSheet story seems to imply they've become pouty since Jimmy Jacobs was fired, which okay it sucks your buddy got shitcanned, but you're in the middle of a major push for chrissakes. It seems really dumb, especially for Sami, to react badly now.

The ProWrestlingSheet story seems to imply they've become pouty since Jimmy Jacobs was fired, which okay it sucks your buddy got shitcanned, but you're in the middle of a major push for chrissakes. It seems really dumb, especially for Sami, to react badly now.

It's especially stupid because Jimmy Jacobs had to know he was going to get in trouble and did it anyway because he didn't care or outright wanted to get fired.

If I had to guess, I'd say the Owens/Zayn story is some kind of work. They aren't on the Survivor Series card as it stands; I'll place some money on them interfering to give Raw the victory, possibly with Jason Jordan getting the tainted pin to further his eventual heel turn.

Also, I called it.

A pretty weak card all around but I expect the tag and Cena/Rusev to be worth watching. I'm also going for Orton winning tonight with Mahal winning the title IN India with the idea that they're going to have a huge crowd pop that they can show in the future.

Also is ProWrestlingSheet a reliable source? Not saying it isn't, but it just seems like everyone just decided one day to take everything they say at face value.

The guy who runs PWS use to work at TMZ and was the guy (or one of them on a small team) that would break the pro wrestling related stories. He has legit inside sources and his stuff has panned out. The trust 'overnight' really comes from his TMZ credentials and the fact that he (Ryan) is far from a sensationalist.

TMZ broke the Donald Sterling incident, the Tiger Woods car crash and the story behind it, the Ray Rice video, Jameis Winston being investigated for sexual assault by the Tallahassee police, and--biggest of all--Michael Jackson's death. They're trashy and shameless but I'll believe them over a lot of other news outlets.

Edit: For whatever it's worth Meltzer is denying that their behavior has anything to do with Jimmy Jacobs or Neville. When asked about the possibility of being released: "It's all up to Vince. He's he guy who suspended Titus for 90 days for nothing. Trying to predict his reactions are a waste of time because they are often contradictory and make no sense. Neither is looking to leave."

One of those "wait and see" scenarios - I can see their frustration, they turned Zayn heel, they were the hottest heel act on Smackdown and had the potential to be the best in the company, and they immediately got jobbed out to Orton and Nakamura to put them over for Survivor Series. Then they want them to do the same with the New Day. Timing of the booking is awful, and they seem so scattershot with the general direction with all these title changes that stuff is getting missed big time. The key is whether Owens/Zayn bailed on a beatdown after complaining about it or if it was a genuine miscue. But I doubt they are getting sent home for a mistake, especially on a taped show when they've been known to re-do anything they need that's important anyway.

So let's get this thing right. Upon the rumour of Nia Jaxx taking a leave of absence because she wouldn't do a job to Banks, some of the reactions were "she's doing the right thing standing up for herself". Zayn & Owens actually doing the same kind of thing, they deserve to be released because they are "Indy Darlings"™. Ah ah ah.