80 replies to this topic

#21 Richeyedwards

Richeyedwards

King of typos

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:58 AM

https://twitter.com/...276028165971968

So we have the fifth member of smackdowns team and it's a big one.

Coming back so quickly could not have been the initial plan when he left after loosing to Roman. The way he acted after the match made it feel like a long term thing until mania at the earliest until he came back. But he is announced two weeks out from survivor series on twitter of all things not on last night's smackdown.

I thought he was still going to be busy with filming for a while so this is a surprise. Maybe itll just be a one-off appearance to give the weak looking Smackdown team a bit of credibility. If they need to write him off again, I can see them shooting an angle with Braun to set up Mania

i fully expect this to be one-and-done. before returning a few weeks out from mania

#22 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4155 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:10 AM

WWE signed Rockstar Spud

#23 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 10390 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:41 AM

WWE signed Rockstar Spud

I want to see him interact with Enzo?

#24 Sean Liska

Sean Liska
  • Members
  • 1209 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:14 PM

Coming back so quickly could not have been the initial plan when he left after loosing to Roman. The way he acted after the match made it feel like a long term thing until mania at the earliest until he came back. But he is announced two weeks out from survivor series on twitter of all things not on last night's smackdown.

What the hell happened in the last week? Why all this shaking up? Business has seemed fine, I don't know what's gotten into Vince, but it's interesting.

#25 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 9004 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:17 PM

What the hell happened in the last week? Why all this shaking up? Business has seemed fine, I don't know what's gotten into Vince, but it's interesting.

Ratings kinda suck. Live attendance kinda suck.

But yeah, all this shaking up makes SS much more intringuing on paper (much like last PPV).

#26 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 9338 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:39 PM

Owens and Zayn have both been sent home from the European tour. No further real details.

#27 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4155 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:55 PM

yeah it's weird.  Maybe I'm wrong but it does have the feel of a "Hunter gets in Vince's ear on a long plane ride" type feel to it.  Like when he convinced Vince to all of a sudden have Bryan turn on the Wyatts

#28 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4155 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:57 PM

and apparently Owens and Zayn being sent home was due to disciplinary reasons.

SI is saying they "went into business for themselves" on SD yesterday and Vince sent them home

#29 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 9338 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:09 PM

I don't trust SI at all on these matters--if they did that, then the promo would have been edited.

Cena's sudden return would make a little more sense if Owens was originally supposed to be on Team Smackdown.

#30 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4155 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:15 PM

Pretty sure the ending of Survivor Series was going to be Sami and Owens costing team SD the elimination match.  That's probably out the window now.  Have no idea now.  Maybe they put Jinder in that spot for Shane making him defend the title before the PPV.  Or just have SD win and tease Stephanie firing Kurt

#31 Sean Liska

Sean Liska
  • Members
  • 1209 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:20 PM

Meltzer says it's disciplinary and the people who would usually know the reason don't know.

#32 Sean Liska

Sean Liska
  • Members
  • 1209 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:27 PM

This has been the weirdest week in how long?

#33 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4155 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:30 PM

apparently they were supposed to feed New Day some offense and bump for them at the end of the match but bailed instead

and they both have been unhappy and tough to work with backstage lately as well

http://www.prowrestl...e/#.WgOS93ZryM8

can't seeing this end well

#34 goc

goc

A disgrace to Joe Blanchard

• Members
  • 7437 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:44 PM

Kevin Owens thinks he's too good to get run off by The New Day? People love talking shit about how unprofessional Brock is but he let himself get choked out by Samoa Joe on Raw then beat down by Braun and KO couldn't get hit with a few moves then take off out of the ring?

I hope Vince decides that ROH breeds nothing but malcontents and unprofessional people and tells HHH he's barred from hiring anymore alumni. I'd say go as far as fire The Undisputed Era geeks before they can taint the main roster locker room.

#35 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43576 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:47 PM

Is your only reason for wanting that to see people get mad? Or is there some other reason?

#36 goc

goc

A disgrace to Joe Blanchard

• Members
  • 7437 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:00 PM

Is your only reason for wanting that to see people get mad? Or is there some other reason?

WWE has enough short bland white guys who are only good at the workrates.

#37 Sean Liska

Sean Liska
  • Members
  • 1209 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:07 PM

Very odd that Owens and Zayn would be this tough to work with while getting the biggest pushes of their careers. Owens got to kill Vince and beat Shane in the main event of HITC. Zayn is finally breaking through to a main event spot after languishing for 18 months. Do they love Jimmy Jacobs that much? Why be difficult now?

#38 fakeplastictrees

fakeplastictrees
  • Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:09 PM

Ratings kinda suck. Live attendance kinda suck.

But yeah, all this shaking up makes SS much more intringuing on paper (much like last PPV).

Hate to be a shill for Brandon and Chris, but...

An analysis of attendance estimates suggests WWE’s live event business for September 2017 was not far off from what it usually is for that month. Turnouts for SmackDown TV tapings however are arguably disappointing in light of the brand split that’s been underway since July 2016, an effect that may be due to the absence of John Cena.

Meanwhile a study of Google searches and Wikipedia page views hint at a recent, marginal decline in overall product interest that is not merely seasonal. However television viewership of RAW and SmackDown in September 2017 was on par with that of September 2016.

https://www.fightful...attendance-down

WWE is saying it’ll be even more profitable than previously thought. In the company’s third quarter earnings report released today, it raised its adjusted OIBDA (a measurement of profit) projection for full year of 2017 from a record-setting $100 million to in the range of $108 million to $112 million. For the entire year of 2018, WWE predicts it will break the record again, bringing in “at least” $115 million.

https://www.fightful...tendance-update

Listen to the last two episodes of Wrestlenomics radio. The photos we see online is not even half of the story.

#39 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 1931 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:17 PM

Jim Cornette always did say that Owens and Zayn were a bad influence on each other in ROH.

Guess he wasn't "crazy old man ranting at cloud" after all.

#40 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10576 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:46 PM

The ProWrestlingSheet story seems to imply they've become pouty since Jimmy Jacobs was fired, which okay it sucks your buddy got shitcanned, but you're in the middle of a major push for chrissakes. It seems really dumb, especially for Sami, to react badly now. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users