• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 goc

goc

A disgrace to Joe Blanchard

• Members
  • 7475 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:08 PM

The ProWrestlingSheet story seems to imply they've become pouty since Jimmy Jacobs was fired, which okay it sucks your buddy got shitcanned, but you're in the middle of a major push for chrissakes. It seems really dumb, especially for Sami, to react badly now.

It's especially stupid because Jimmy Jacobs had to know he was going to get in trouble and did it anyway because he didn't care or outright wanted to get fired.

#42 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 11148 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:18 PM

Also is ProWrestlingSheet a reliable source? Not saying it isn't, but it just seems like everyone just decided one day to take everything they say at face value. 

#43 Stiva

Stiva
  • Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:26 PM

If I had to guess, I'd say the Owens/Zayn story is some kind of work. They aren't on the Survivor Series card as it stands; I'll place some money on them interfering to give Raw the victory, possibly with Jason Jordan getting the tainted pin to further his eventual heel turn.

Also, I called it. 

A pretty weak card all around but I expect the tag and Cena/Rusev to be worth watching. I'm also going for Orton winning tonight with Mahal winning the title IN India with the idea that they're going to have a huge crowd pop that they can show in the future.

#44 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 1084 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:13 PM

I don't want to be one of those 'everything is a work' people but if anything made sense to be a work in terms of current storylines, it's this. If it isn't, Owens and Zayn are the stupidest people ever.

#45 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 11148 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:16 PM

Jordan on the Raw team just seems like a giant neon sign blaring "ANGLE ALERT" (no pun intended), that it almost seems like they're purposely doing it to troll the fans.

#46 fakeplastictrees

fakeplastictrees
  • Members
  • 845 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:47 PM

Also is ProWrestlingSheet a reliable source? Not saying it isn't, but it just seems like everyone just decided one day to take everything they say at face value. 

The guy who runs PWS use to work at TMZ and was the guy (or one of them on a small team) that would break the pro wrestling related stories. He has legit inside sources and his stuff has panned out. The trust 'overnight' really comes from his TMZ credentials and the fact that he (Ryan) is far from a sensationalist.

#47 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4765 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:02 AM

I'm not gonna dispute the guys background and sources, but when an ex TMZ guy is breaking stories, it really shows that "Pro Wrestling Journalism" is a fucking joke.

#48 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 9571 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:31 AM

TMZ broke the Donald Sterling incident, the Tiger Woods car crash and the story behind it, the Ray Rice video, Jameis Winston being investigated for sexual assault by the Tallahassee police, and--biggest of all--Michael Jackson's death. They're trashy and shameless but I'll believe them over a lot of other news outlets.

Edit: For whatever it's worth Meltzer is denying that their behavior has anything to do with Jimmy Jacobs or Neville. When asked about the possibility of being released: "It's all up to Vince. He's he guy who suspended Titus for 90 days for nothing. Trying to predict his reactions are a waste of time because they are often contradictory and make no sense. Neither is looking to leave."

#49 JaymeFuture

JaymeFuture
  • Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:19 AM

One of those "wait and see" scenarios - I can see their frustration, they turned Zayn heel, they were the hottest heel act on Smackdown and had the potential to be the best in the company, and they immediately got jobbed out to Orton and Nakamura to put them over for Survivor Series. Then they want them to do the same with the New Day. Timing of the booking is awful, and they seem so scattershot with the general direction with all these title changes that stuff is getting missed big time. The key is whether Owens/Zayn bailed on a beatdown after complaining about it or if it was a genuine miscue. But I doubt they are getting sent home for a mistake, especially on a taped show when they've been known to re-do anything they need that's important anyway.

#50 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10026 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:31 AM

So let's get this thing right. Upon the rumour of Nia Jaxx taking a leave of absence because she wouldn't do a job to Banks, some of the reactions were "she's doing the right thing standing up for herself". Zayn & Owens actually doing the same kind of thing, they deserve to be released because they are "Indy Darlings"™. Ah ah ah.

#51 goc

goc

• Members
  • 7475 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:58 AM

Well the Nia thing turned out to be false anyway but just pretending everything went down the way it was rumored, she refused to do something and asked for time off. Owens & Zayn, assuming THIS story is true, agreed to do something and then went out and did the opposite and in a much pettier circumstance.

Refusing to do a job in a random pre-show match with no storyline to someone you've already been beaten by multiple times when you're supposed to be the monster heel of the division is not at all the same thing as agreeing to get run out of the ring by someone and leaving the ring before they can do anything to you. That's just petty bullshit because the idea they'd have been "hurt" or "buried" by having Big E & Xavier hit them a few times to send them out of the ring is ridiculous.

I don't know where anyone said they should be released either, I never said that. I said I hope Vince decides ROH breeds malcontents (CM Punk, Jimmy Jacobs, Owens, Zayn) and decides not to bring in any more of them and fires the three bland ROH scrubs they have masquerading as a top heel stable in NXT.

#52 DMJ

DMJ
  • Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:21 AM

One of the biggest news items I haven't seen many people talk about coming out of this is that John Cena, who got as close to a retirement send-off less than 2 months ago as I've ever seen, is being brought back.

To me, this is a mistake, only because, with Cena, you could've easily brought him back at the Rumble or held off for a WrestleMania program. Cena doing cameos in November is short-term, panic-driven thinking and I don't believe the WWE should be in panic mode just because Reigns is out. Without Cena, you still have a mainstream-appealing show built around established names (Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, Shane McMahon, Randy Orton), some fresher talent (AJ, Joe, Nakamura, Strowman, Balor, The Sheild), and a handful of colorful acts that you or I may like, dislike, or be sick of but that still get great reactions from live crowds (New Day, Usos, Becky Lynch, Charlotte, The Miz). You take Cena off Survivor Series, I don't see a glaring void. 

If the rumors are to be believed too, they also sent some feelers out regarding the Undertaker potentially competing at TLC this year (Angle got the spot). I can understand the feeling of desperation for that show because of the timetable and the inherent "thin-ness" of it being a brand only show, but Survivor Series doesn't have that problem, so why is John Cena unceremoniously returning for it? 

#53 Sean Liska

Sean Liska
  • Members
  • 1415 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:23 AM

It's just such a weird story. WWE had HHH hop on a plane because they wanted to deliver a fair show to fans after guys couldn't make it, but they're sending home two guys that have big matches on these shows? That would seem to require a major bad thing, does not selling enough for New Day fit?

#54 Sean Liska

Sean Liska
  • Members
  • 1415 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:24 AM

One of the biggest news items I haven't seen many people talk about coming out of this is that John Cena, who got as close to a retirement send-off less than 2 months ago as I've ever seen, is being brought back.

To me, this is a mistake, only because, with Cena, you could've easily brought him back at the Rumble or held off for a WrestleMania program. Cena doing cameos in November is short-term, panic-driven thinking and I don't believe the WWE should be in panic mode just because Reigns is out. Without Cena, you still have a mainstream-appealing show built around established names (Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, Shane McMahon, Randy Orton), some fresher talent (AJ, Joe, Nakamura, Strowman, Balor, The Sheild), and a handful of colorful acts that you or I may like, dislike, or be sick of but that still get great reactions from live crowds (New Day, Usos, Becky Lynch, Charlotte, The Miz). You take Cena off Survivor Series, I don't see a glaring void. 

If the rumors are to be believed too, they also sent some feelers out regarding the Undertaker potentially competing at TLC this year (Angle got the spot). I can understand the feeling of desperation for that show because of the timetable and the inherent "thin-ness" of it being a brand only show, but Survivor Series doesn't have that problem, so why is John Cena unceremoniously returning for it? 

I'm kind of sick of everything good being saved for Mania, especially if Mania is going to be a bloated show that's not fun to sit through like the last two years. I like them doing fun stuff during football season.

#55 goc

goc

• Members
  • 7475 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:28 AM

They were already going to have Cena on the show as the guest referee for Brock/Jinder. Once they decided to switch it to Brock/AJ then Cena didn't fit in that spot anymore (since the planned finish was probably going to set up a Cena/Jinder match) and they put him in the last spot on the Survivor Series team that AJ was going to get.

And they needed to do that too because the Smackdown Survivor Series team was looking like a clear B-team compared to Raw's. Plus for all we know Cena could've just said "Hey if you guys are gonna bring me in for a PPV let me wrestle because that's what I want to do and I rarely get to do it now"

#56 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 1152 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:29 AM

I'm kind of sick of everything good being saved for Mania, especially if Mania is going to be a bloated show that's not fun to sit through like the last two years. I like them doing fun stuff during football season.

Well I wasen't all that impressed with Wyatt/Orton! It was the piss break match for me.

Never really see why people like Bray, Alberto, Miz have been WWE Champion when guys like Piper, Jake, Rude, Perfect never got that chance to run with the belt.

#57 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4405 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:32 AM

Roman has been cleared to wrestle and New Day v Shield is happening at the PPV

#58 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 1084 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:04 PM

Well I wasen't all that impressed with Wyatt/Orton! It was the piss break match for me.

Never really see why people like Bray, Alberto, Miz have been WWE Champion when guys like Piper, Jake, Rude, Perfect never got that chance to run with the belt.

Letting people who aren't big enough stars hold the belt does terrible damage to its credibility and those guys shouldn't have had it with the pushes they had either.

#59 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2514 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:35 PM

I'm not gonna dispute the guys background and sources, but when an ex TMZ guy is breaking stories, it really shows that "Pro Wrestling Journalism" is a fucking joke.

Agreed.

#60 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 11148 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:57 PM

Agreed.

So now we're pretending pro wrestling is some high art that is too precious to be sullied by the likes of TMZ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users