Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-09-17-NJPW] Jushin Liger & Kendo Kashin vs Koji Kanemoto & Tatsuhito Takaiwa

soup23

Much like the minis, I feel like I say the same things about these matches all the time but this was another enjoyable entry if a little bit condensed. I still am failing to see what is so awful about Kashin besides the fact he isn't as good as Liger and probably Kanemoto. I find him comparable with Takaiwa which may be a bit of a hot take. Again, nothing I have seen in Kashin makes me think they should have built the division around him but there has been much worse choices to lead a brand (cough Jinder Mahal cough) in wrestling history. One thing that would be nice in this series would be a singles match with some time given to it. ***1/4 (6.7)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The crowd is way into this. I don't often see a wrestler and just immediately take a disliking to them or think they are "bad" but Kashin really does jump out as pretty bad to me. Just the way he turns away from taking a simple chop from Takaiwa. He even whiffs on a tag to Liger! Barring that, this was good enough juniors tag action. Stuff between Liger and Kanemoto is always good and Takaiwa is a personal favorite. Loved him winning the shoulder block standoff with Liger.

**3/4

• GSR changed the title to [2000-09-17-NJPW] Jushin Liger & Kendo Kashin vs Koji Kanemoto & Tatsuhito Takaiwa