Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-09-17-WCW-Fall Brawl] Jeff Jarrett vs Mike Awesome (Bunkhouse)

soup23

WCW has been full of bullshit matches with tons of run ins that infuriate the viewer. This was a horseshit match that actually somehow worked for the most part. It featured Jarrett in full heel mode in a Titans jersey and running down the Bills. The plunder portion of the match was fine and had some good weapon shots. The finish with the Bills circling the ring, Gary Coleman's low blows and then getting popped with the guitar and Awesome eventually winning was satisfying. The most Memphis match in 2000 WCW. *** (5.8)

• 3 months later...

This was absolutely ridiculous. The layout of this couldn't have possibly made Mike Awesome look more like a doofus. Standard and inoffensive action for a while before Awesome makes a big comeback and gives Jarrett the big power bomb. Kickout. Later on, he gets another big power bomb and again Jarrett kicks out and I'm starting to wonder why Awesome can barely muster a hope spot in this and every time he makes a big impact move to come back, Jarrett valiantly hangs in there. Now the Buffalo Bills surround the ring and take turns beating up Jarrett before Awesome lays him out again. Jarrett kicks out AGAIN! He is like the Terminator here. Would it not have been a fitting enough ending to have the hometown football heroes beat up the shit talking heel and then have Awesome pin him? No, because we have to bring out Gary Coleman so Jarrett can smash a guitar over his head. D-list celebrity Gary Coleman in all his glory. Finally Awesome pins him after Jarrett overcame Awesome's finisher, interference from Coleman, and getting owned by the Buffalo Bills football team. I know I'm being harsh I just thought this was really stupidly laid out and made Awesome look like such a tool.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-09-17-WCW-Fall Brawl] Jeff Jarrett vs Mike Awesome (Bunkhouse)