LOWKI WOTD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 10621 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:57 PM

A brutal match full of insane strikes and hard suplexes. Low Ki is wearing his black shorts and no shoes and he really raises Reil’s cred by Reil being able to hang mano y mano with Ki. 90’s US indies were notorious for matches with no flow and constant blown spots. This had some flow problems but the execution was great and the stiffness factor was there. The two ref bumps thing was really gimmicky and the finish is certainly done in a way for Reil to win but to make it look flukey and to help Ki. Ki shakes Reil’s hand after the match. Low Ki is legitimately having one of the best rookie type years I have seen and he isn’t even my pick for Rookie of the Year due to Murahama. ***1/2 (7.2) 

#2 Migs

Migs
  • Members
  • 1277 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:20 AM

Reil is one of the lingering late-90s indy dudes, but he hangs here with Ki. Love Ki's version of the tarantula with the legs wrapped around the head. Reil is willing to accept Low Ki's stiffness and fires back with some really nice suplexes. The finish was super confusing, though. Solid match, and another in a series from Ki.

I was wondering what happened to Reil, and apparently his career got derailed when he had a pretty bad shoulder injury later this year. I love this line from his Wikipedia page, though - "By this time, Reil was single-handedly responsible for establishing the careers of Low Ki, Trent Acid, Homicide and Nick Berk." Yeah... sure, pal. He also had a Twitter account named "BillyReilWWE" that has apparently been suspended. But if you have some desire to see what Billy Reil says on twitter to get people to talk to him... https://twitter.com/thebillyreil

#3 AstroBoy

AstroBoy
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:03 PM

In a way, I wish they would have stayed with the shoot elements for just a bit longer but what they had here worked magnificently.  Reil comes across as a super tough guy for taking the amount of punishment he takes from Ki and always finds a way to hit a big move and keep himself in the match.  I would have liked for some more defined roles, particularly Reil to be more heelish and underhanded, but for a match built on big spots and battling for respect, this was really good.

***1/2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users