Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-10-14-CWF Mid-Atlantic] CWF Rumble

ShittyLittleBoots

This was really fun from start to finish, with really good showings by Nick Richards, Ray Kandrack & Chet Sterling. What really put it over the top as a great match though was the finishing stretch between the final 2 in the match, Trevor Lee & Cain Justice. Legitimately can't think of a better final 2 Rumble finishing stretch off the top of my head right now - they absolutely KILLED it. Cain was excellent beating down the exhausted champ w/ his strikes & amazingly nasty submissions - which Trevor sold fantastically. That created some fantastic drama. LOVED him working over that cut on Trevor's head as well. Trevor of course once again proved why every single goddamn time I watch a CWF Mid-Atlantic Championship Match of his, I come thinking "that guy really is the best wrestler in the world" - fantastic performance by the man, excellent selling as mentioned earlier & the way he just tells stories with his body language & facial expressions is unbelievable. The moment when Cain refuses to shake his hand which then leads to Trevor beating the absolute SHIT out of him was amazing. Great, great stuff. Can't wait for the eventual 1 vs. 1 meeting between them. ****1/4

As someone who only follows the CWF product casually via Trevor Lee title matches, this might have been one of the most fun experiences I've had watching wrestling all year even going in cold and not knowing a lot about these guys. That's gotta be a testament to the amazing broadcast team as well as the strong layouting of the Rumble match itself. Absolutely huge mark out moments in this match like Wilkins being tossed immediately and the crazy intense finishing stretch between Lee and Justice. If I have one complaint (really just a gripe), it's that you can tell a lot of these guys aren't really in the best shape. But it's a small independent in the Carolinas and the fact that they put together a match like this is a really great feather in their cap. ****1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2017-10-14-CWF Mid-Atlantic] CWF Rumble