WWE - November 12 - November 18

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4405 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:19 PM

All I saw was the go-home segment and nothing else. Was there an explanation earlier in the show for why Daniel Bryan wasn't even around during the closing angle? I'm guessing there was, but just wondering.

Him and Shane had a backstage segment earlier where Bryan said he was still upset with Shane for not telling him about invading Raw last month. He told Shane he'd see him Sunday implying he was leaving

#42 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 44062 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:20 PM

Awesome, thanks. As much as I rag on WWE for plotholes, I do think they're above doing that type of angle and not coming up with a way to explain Bryan not being part of it ahead of time.

#43 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 1084 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:23 PM

In fairness, WWE are a lot better for continuity these days. Far from perfect, but at least they try.

#44 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4405 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:29 PM

As I mentioned there are several different ways they can go with the finish. My gut says Jordan costs Raw the match setting up a beef between Hunter and Angle and the hook for Monday will be if .Stephanie fires Angle or not.

Sami and Owens costing .SD seems too obvious now with them already walking out tonight but they obviously could still go that way

#45 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 11148 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:37 PM

I'm guessing they'll be teasing Sami/Owens costing SD, only to have it be JJ doing the shocking (to no one) turn to cost Raw. Angle being fired as GM and coming back as old school psycho Kurt  breaking ankles to get revenge fits with how they've built things so far.

#46 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5590 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:50 PM

I have no idea what prompted the nonstop changes to the Survivor Series lineup over the past couple weeks as its produced a more interesting show from a booking perspective while also improving how things look in the ring, but I have no idea what prompted it as its not as though they can hotshot a buy rate.

So we've got a 4 hour show on Sunday.  What's the over/under on entrance time allotted to the men's SS match?  Minutes and seconds, please.

#47 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 11148 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:55 PM

I have no idea what prompted the nonstop changes to the Survivor Series lineup over the past couple weeks as its produced a more interesting show from a booking perspective while also improving how things look in the ring, but I have no idea what prompted it as its not as though they can hotshot a buy rate.

In my headcanon, Vince woke up one day like Ice Cube at the end of It Was a Good Day all "what the fuck am I thinking" after looking at the card.

#48 Stiva

Stiva
  • Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:27 AM

I will say; the constant changing to the card has actually made it a bit more intriguing as to where it's all going to go. In an ideal world, you'd prefer that they'd build a show that felt like that without a hundred changes but still, things seem pretty hot right now. 

And WWE always nail those big show-ending, huge brawls but I especially liked the Raw women stomping into the Smackdown locker room and throwing down. That's something that they would never have dreamed of doing with the women a while back.

#49 fakeplastictrees

fakeplastictrees
  • Members
  • 845 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:13 AM

I think this was the plan all along. WWE has been experimenting this entire quarter and throwing out big stuff. SS could have had a normal build or a build that actively keeps people engaged. The latter was chosen.

#50 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10026 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:09 AM

There were supposed to be 2 shows but tickets are available for only one, so they either cancelled one show due to poor sales or that sold out. 

They cancelled one. Wait, it's not a cancellation, really : “To meet the requests of WWE fans in India, and deliver the biggest main event in the country's history, WWE is combining two nights of family-friendly action into a one-night only, exclusive Supershow.” (Times of India : https://timesofindia...w/61640063.cms)

Hey, for one show and one match, it was all worth it, right ? RIGHT ?

#51 MoS

MoS
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:37 AM

lol that's some carny bullshit. 

#52 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 2097 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:29 PM

So it looks like James Ellsworth is being released.  Which explains why he was beaten up by every single Smackdown female this weekend on multiple times

He has a good run given that he is completely not the guy who would be in the WWE at any period.  

#53 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 1084 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:32 PM

I thought he was a great second for Carmella and could have been repackaged to fulfil a similar role elsewhere but year plus run in WWE is more than he likely ever expected so fair play.

#54 Jmare007

Jmare007
  • Members
  • 1527 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:25 PM

Colin Delaney also lasted more than a year right?

#55 JaymeFuture

JaymeFuture
  • Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:25 PM

There were supposed to be 2 shows but tickets are available for only one, so they either cancelled one show due to poor sales or that sold out. 

They cancelled one. Wait, it's not a cancellation, really : “To meet the requests of WWE fans in India, and deliver the biggest main event in the country's history, WWE is combining two nights of family-friendly action into a one-night only, exclusive Supershow.” (Times of India : https://timesofindia...w/61640063.cms)

Hey, for one show and one match, it was all worth it, right ? RIGHT ?

So awesome. I went on the ticket site and you can still get 2nd row for this supershow. 

#56 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1855 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:46 PM

I think this was the plan all along. WWE has been experimenting this entire quarter and throwing out big stuff. SS could have had a normal build or a build that actively keeps people engaged. The latter was chosen.

If so, they nailed it. I am re-subbing for the show (getting three free months helps, though). Really looking forward to it.

#57 Kadaveri

Kadaveri
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:01 PM

I wonder if those changes to the TLC card caused a surge in interest, and now WWE thinks the way to promote a PPV is to announce loads of card changes to keep everyone's attention.

#58 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1326 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:29 AM

As opposed to the method WCW used in 1999, which was telling people there was a PPV, but not bothering to mention any of the matches that were going to be on the show.  Or in a couple of hilarious cases...advertising the show after it had already happened.

#59 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4405 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:32 PM

AJ v Jinder for the title in a cage has been added for Starrcade

#60 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1855 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:40 PM

AJ v Jinder for the title in a cage has been added for Starrcade

They are airing this on the Network, correct?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users