Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-09-Portland-Total Chaos TV] Bart Sawyer vs Chad Hawke (Hardcore)

soup23

I guess this is a 4 way although Billy 2 Eagles and Mark Lawrence? Come out later on in the match. A plunder match of you hit me, I hit you. I checked out pretty quickly on this one and it was a slog to the finish. The announcer is the anti-Cornette in that he is too subdued and added no context as to why these guys were fighting and what the storyline was going in. All three pin Sawyer who bladed and then the match clips to another segment so I guess that is it. 1/2*

• GSR changed the title to [2000-09-Portland-Total Chaos TV] Bart Sawyer vs Chad Hawke (Hardcore)

‘Smart’ Bart nails ‘Super’ Chad with a chair before the ring announcer has finished his introductions.  About two minutes in Billy Two Eagles joins the action and it’s never explained why.  Was he originally supposed to be part of this?  Does he have an issue with these two men?  A generic hardcore match where they just hit each other with weapons, including the kitchen sink!  The hammer seems to be a favourite implement of these three.  Sawyer comes off the top with a skateboard to the head of Eagles and Hawke is there to break up the pin.  The way that this has been edited when they change camera shots is weird.  Hawke and Sawyer agree to work together and land a double DDT.  Mark Large is now out and he too is in the match, of course no explanation is given to that either.  ‘X-Factor’ by Sawyer on Eagles and he follows that with a second one on to his title belt.  Still lots of weapon shots and zero substance.  Large with a suplex on Sawyer, all three pile on top for the cover and the match is over.  No idea who won and the unenthusiastic commentator doesn’t seem to know either.  Marvellous!  (Which this was absolutely not!)