Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:20 PM

Acceptable “holy shit” chant.

#42 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10482 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:21 PM

For the first time they've ever tried it, it's not bad. If it becomes a regular match I'd expect the camera work to improve.

#43 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1261 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:23 PM

These overplayed spots are just destroying the current product for me.

The Van Terminator spot was definitely too much.

#44 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1261 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:24 PM

Wow, Drake’s tan is brutal.

#45 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 2968 posts

And there's my off the cage spot... woof. 

#46 Fando

Fando
  • Members
  • 224 posts

Yeah not feeling this as a War Games match. Pretty much everything before the nonsensical superplex spot could have happened without the cage. Camerawork is the shits.

#47 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 1793 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:25 PM

Well that Cole suplex spot took forever  I can't tell if he was scared of heights and that is why it took so long to get there. 

#48 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 1793 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:26 PM

They're also not utilizing the second ring enough. Most of the action is shoved in one ring while the other is a space for guys to nap.

I'm still enjoying the match, it just has some weaknesses. 

Again I think all of the action is in one ring because they have no concept of how to shoot this camera wise

#49 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10482 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:26 PM

I mean, it's automatically better than any of the late 90s-2000s WCW War Games, and as much as the 80s ones are beloved this one won't end in a lame manager submission.

#50 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 2968 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:29 PM

I mean, it's automatically better than any of the late 90s-2000s WCW War Games, and as much as the 80s ones are beloved this one won't end in a lame manager submission.

Say what you want about the finish but it makes sense with the manager being the weak link and the pure violence that went into the matches.

1. 1992

2. 1991

3. 1987 inaugural 

Still tops in my books

#51 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 1793 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:29 PM

mmm Cole getting the pin makes me think that he is in the world title match at next Takeover.  Especially since it is in Philly

#52 ...TG

...TG
  • Members
  • 766 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:31 PM

Probably perspective fooling with me, but someone on Twitter posted a picture from the crowd of the cage superplex spot and holy shit that's a really bad idea. 

That was Wargames in name only, and that's okay. It was a really good WWE multi-man car crash match. 

#53 Flyin' Brian

Flyin' Brian
  • Members
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, Sports, Games, Comics, Reading, Television, Movies, Sci-fi, Fantasy.

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:38 PM

Not the worst Wargames match ever and not the best. I'd put it in the middle but I was entertained.

#54 Flyin' Brian

Flyin' Brian
  • Members
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, Sports, Games, Comics, Reading, Television, Movies, Sci-fi, Fantasy.

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:41 PM

Killian Daine really impressed me and hopefully Alexander Wolfe didn't hurt himself too bad on the table spot.

#55 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1261 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:59 PM

Killian Daine really impressed me and hopefully Alexander Wolfe didn't hurt himself too bad on the table spot.

Yeah, I thought those guys were really good. I enjoyed the match as the car wreck it was.

#56 Jmare007

Jmare007
  • Members
  • 1214 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:25 PM

Two things.

-Drew is injured

-There will be more War Games, can't wait till better wrestlers get to be a part of one. Hopefully in a reguar 2 team format.

#57 Isae Arreola

Isae Arreola

The Large Canine

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:28 PM

TakeOver: War Games was overall a very fun show to watch. Not one bad match on the card and each one accomplished their goal. Ohno/Lars was a short and sweet opener. Personal Match of the Night goes to Black/Dream with a breakout performance for Dream even in defeat. I was disappointed that Peyton lost tonight, but the crowd was behind Ember the whole time and wanted her to finally win the gold, so I can't be too mad about that. The match itself was fine all said and done. WarGames was a fun train wreck with a ton of crazy spots and plunder. Dain and Wolfe were the standouts in the match, delivering some great performances during their moments to shine. There were some issues I had with the match, but nothing that totally hurt my enjoyment while watching.

I'm so happy that Almas won the NXT Championship tonight. It's been a great year for him after such an underwhelming 2016. Weaving in the losses into his character and then pairing him up with Zelina Vega to get him back on track was brilliant stuff. Drew was a fine champion, but Almas and Vega are the more compelling act, so the right call was made. Those two together are money and I can't wait to see what's next for them. It sucks to hear the Drew is injured. Hopefully he won't be out of action for too long.

#58 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4508 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:38 PM

I loved this show more than any wrestling show I've seen in a long fucking time. But holy fuck, Mauro is the worst. For every great call there's eight fucking stinkers. At least when Nigel fucks up its charming.

#59 Shrike02

Shrike02
  • Members
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Life, the universe, and everything.

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:51 PM

Had a great time watching this alongside someone who happened to be wearing a Titans of Wrestling t-shirt. ;)

#60 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4508 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:25 AM

Had a great time watching this alongside someone who happened to be wearing a Titans of Wrestling t-shirt. ;)

Wait, what?
Why am I not getting paid for this?
Edit: I mean, Why arent we getting paid for this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users