NXT Takeover: WarGames

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#81 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:17 AM

Havent followed NXT in a long time but Ive been slowly catching up on War Games and I'm all in on Velveteen Dream!

#82 SomethingSavage

SomethingSavage
  • Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:30 AM

Managed to catch a bit more downtime between the gym and work today than I'd planned, so I was actually able to sit down and watch the WarGames match itself. I've seen some of the criticisms & critiques going in, but I absolutely enjoyed the hell out of it through & through. None of the little tweaks or changes bothered me at all, to be perfectly honest.

Sometimes, you're just in a really good mood when you watch a particular match or card. And maybe that's what some of this is, with the holidays coming up and all that. But I don't know. I had a blast watching this show, and I'm definitely left with the impression that I'd love to see more WarGames done in NXT in the future. I'm kind of crossing my fingers that it becomes an annual thing for NXT at their Survivor Series Takeover.

As far as Mauro goes? Yeah. He's almost embarrassingly awful at times. And it's a shame, because he actually packs a sense of energy & enthusiasm to his approach. It's something that makes me *want* to enjoy his stuff. But it's really just too much, man.

Forget "belts" and pronouns, pal. At this point, I'm practically praying for a Vince edict to come down and ban the words, "MAMA MIA!" from his vocabulary. I swear I had to hear that shit about six dozen times on this show alone.

#83 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:24 PM

Really loved Takeover, thought it was legitimately one of the best shows of the year. Lars vs. Ohno was fun, hard-hitting, and exactly what it needed to be. Dream vs. Black had fantastic character work and a fire finishing stretch. Dream is an absolute star. Fatal Four-Way was solid and even though I thought Peyton should have won, a really cool finish. Almas vs. Drew was great and had the right person go over. And while WarGames may not have been the same as what it used to be, I thought it was an awesome No DQ match.

#84 Tim Evans

Tim Evans
  • Members
  • 4089 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:49 PM

I don't follow NXT week to week, but this was definitely the best I've seen from Almas since he dropped the mask. I remember REALLY digging the opener he had with Roddy Strong a few Takeovers ago, but that's about it. Are there any gems I've missed in the meantime that are worth checking out?

I'd check out the Gargano matches. One from Takeover and the other is from tv.

#85 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:11 PM

I don't follow NXT week to week, but this was definitely the best I've seen from Almas since he dropped the mask. I remember REALLY digging the opener he had with Roddy Strong a few Takeovers ago, but that's about it. Are there any gems I've missed in the meantime that are worth checking out?

I'd check out the Gargano matches. One from Takeover and the other is from tv.
Yeah, both are great. I watched the TV one the other day and posted in the match thread here that they should run with Almas. He’s just terrific and Vega makes it a top notch act. I loved Drew in that match, too. I just enjoy him going so hard. It was the same when he had that TV match vs Roddy. He’s not one of my favorites but he leaves it all out there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users