Pro Wrestling Only

[2010-07-18-WWE-Money in the Bank] Sheamus vs John Cena (Cage)

Superstar Sleeze

WWE Champion Sheamus vs John Cena - Money In The Bank 2010 Steel Cage Match

Man, the Nexus angle did absolutely no favors to Sheamus. Basically making him look like the biggest 6' 6" pussy in the entire world, over and over again. No wonder I didn't take him seriously until 2012. I thought this was a strong cage match. It was hurt by the fact there was a lot of dead space. Even Lawler is like why the hell is Sheamus staring off to space, resident genius Matt Striker says Sheamus is too busy evolving, duh. God, he sucked. It was also hurt the fact no one was going to buy a finish until the Nexus came out. The positives were that Sheamus is an excellent worker on top, which is hard to come by. He threw great punches and really knew how to get violent and gritty. I thought Cena actually had some really good explosive hope spots. He really had some good energy in trying to fight back. Furthermore, Cena had some really excellent punches. There were some left jabs when they both on top rope that were just awesome. I really think these two can have an all-time slugfest but never came together. There were some impressive power spots like Cena climbing the ropes with Sheamus applying a sleeper. There was a big bump like Cena missing the Top Rope Five Knuckle Shuffle. He busted that out at Mania XXVI, I liked to see that more now. It is a good move. Sheamus is a good Cena rival because he has plenty of high powered offense to trade with Cena down the stretch. Like the Irish Curse Backbreaker, Brogue Kick, Celtic Cross. Of course we get the Brogue Kick then the FU which leads to Nexus. It is the whole the match stops while the Nexus fucks around outside. Then Cena and Sheamus race over the top. Sheamus only has to contend with fellow ginger, Heath Slater while Cena has to contend with the rest of Nexus. Sheamus wins and hightails it out of there. Finish is terrible. Too much dead space to call this great. I can see the great match bubbling underneath the surface between the two, but I don't think it ever manifested itself. ***

• GSR changed the title to [2010-07-18-WWE-Money in the Bank] Sheamus vs John Cena (Cage)