• 581 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:01 PM

That Naomi and Alicia exchange was a certified mess

#42 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:03 PM

What the hell happened on the Fox elimination?

I think she was meant to kick out into Naomi's submission but didn't get up in time. Made worse by the fact that they fucked up the tilt-a-whirl reversal beforehand and had to repeat it. 

#43 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 1931 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:06 PM

Can they telegraph Raw's win any more obviously?

#44 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 1811 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:06 PM

Yeah this is definitely designed to put over Asuka which they should.  Man I don't know about her against Tamina though

#45 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5199 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:08 PM

Raw Women vs. Smackdown Women 

Amazing how hot the crowd was for the initial Nia/Tamina matchup as well as how quickly it cooled off once they started working together.  The quick Becky elimination flattened things, but late in the match it now looks like the idea was to get her out of there without having to strongly put over Asuka.  That Alicia/Naomi elimination sequence was awkward as hell.  Sasha contributed a great slap to Natalya and a sick bump in the corner before tapping out.  Not sure I agree with all the decisions along the way, but building to Asuka overcoming a former champion and the biggest girl on Smackdown's team was at least a strong way to put her over.  

**1/2

#46 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:09 PM

The fact that they had to push Tamina as a hoss emphasises to me the need for more larger women to act as credible monster types.

#47 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:09 PM

Would you prefer for them to have jobbed Asuka? Sometimes the right thing and the obvious thing are the same.

#48 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 1811 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:10 PM

Yeah Smackdown is definitely winning the main event.  Especially with Lesnar winning 

#49 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 1931 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:12 PM

Would you prefer for them to have jobbed Asuka? Sometimes the right thing and the obvious thing are the same.

I would have preferred a final that wasn't Asuka vs. Tamina, who has never been a credible threat.

I also would've preferred Asuka getting attacked and taken out before the match, to make this less predictable and more interesting.

But yes, Asuka winning is obviously the right finish if they had to keep her boring ass in the match. They're dedicated to this failed Asuka experiment and will continue shoving her down our throats.

#50 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4155 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:12 PM

Have to think SD is def. winning the men's match. Raw 2-0 so far and Brock is certainly going over

#51 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5199 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:14 PM

Stephanie's promos and her dirty talk at home are one in the same, aren't they?  

#52 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:16 PM

Bathroom break match. I love Miz but hes not going to carry Corbin to anything good.

#53 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 2852 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, music, comics, beer, movies, history, sports...good manly stuff.

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:17 PM

I would have preferred a final that wasn't Asuka vs. Tamina, who has never been a credible threat.

I also would've preferred Asuka getting attacked and taken out before the match, to make this less predictable and more interesting.

But yes, Asuka winning is obviously the right finish if they had to keep her boring ass in the match. They're dedicated to this failed Asuka experiment and will continue shoving her down our throats.

Asuka boring and a failed experiment? And using the beyond tired "shoved down our throats". Come on man, being snarky is what's boring

#54 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5199 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:19 PM

Bathroom break match. I love Miz but hes not going to carry Corbin to anything good.

Literally just went to the bathroom and had a conversation with the wife, and still disappointed to see Miz's entrance hadn't even started yet.

#55 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 1811 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:19 PM

Curtis Axel is borrowing Joel Gertner's neck brace  :D

#56 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 1931 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:20 PM

Asuka boring and a failed experiment? And using the beyond tired "shoved down our throats". Come on man, being snarky is what's boring

No snark here. Her win tonight was met with crickets. Her never-ending NXT reign was beyond boring. I realize she was put in a tough position after practically the entire division got called up, but I did not enjoy anything she did. She's technically competent in the ring, but nothing else about her works for me.

#57 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5199 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:20 PM

While I don't agree with the sentiment, I do think Asuka is much more of a booking success story than anything else to date.  Strong work and character presentation, but there are multiple women on the roster who I think do a better job of connecting with the audience during their time on TV and in the ring.

#58 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 1931 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:22 PM

While I don't agree with the sentiment, I do think Asuka is much more of a booking success story than anything else to date.  Strong work and character presentation, but there are multiple women on the roster who I think do a better job of connecting with the audience during their time on TV and in the ring.

Imagine if any of those other women had been booked half as well when they're already twice as over as Asuka.

For lack of a better description, she's been booked like the female Brock Lesnar. To her credit though, at least she hasn't phoned in any of her matches like the lazy, useless Lesnar has done for the past two years and will undoubtedly do again tonight.

#59 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:26 PM

One heel jaw jacking with a guy's pregnant wife, the other heel using his lackeys to take control. Odd dynamic for the crowd to get into.

#60 fakeplastictrees

fakeplastictrees
  • Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:29 PM

The Stephanie pep talk is absolutely terrible. Not sure how THAT would motivate anyone. The forced, and ultimately meaningless, "Brand Supremacy" narrative is tiresome and dull on so many levels. On a completely unrelated note, I will always respect Miz for turning chicken shit into somewhat passable chicken salad. A "Let's go Corbin!" chant? Well color me purple...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users