Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Survivor Series 2017

FMKK

This has to be the best the tag team division has been in WWE in a really, really long time. The Usos and the New Day deserve quite a bit of credit for that; watching their matches this year, I haven't followed the product closely at all, but theirs might be the feud of the year in WWE.

I was just saying the same thing. Must mean they are due to break everyone up again.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usos vs. Sheamus & Cesaro

This started off incredibly slowly. Nothing but, but the first half of the match was pretty underwhelming given the talent involved. But it really picked up in the back half with the teams working together and flying around. Again a very nice job utilizing near falls without overdoing it. I expected this pairing to produce and it didn't disappoint. Bonus points as well for yet another decisively strong and clean finish.

***1/2

Meanwhile they very much telegraphed (not that that's a bad thing) Jason Jordan's appearance later in the show. Does he have a strong heel turn or get squashed by Hunter in the process?

The more distressing telegraphing was when Jinder interrupted AJ’s interview on the pre-show.

My biggest problem with these Survivor Series matches is the fact that the partners just let their teammates get eliminated without trying to break up the pin or submissions. They encourage and applaud this in tag matches, yet it goes ignored in Survivor Series matches.

Also Cesaro standing on the middle rope while one of the Usos countered White Noise and tried pinning Sheamus reminded me of this.

Meanwhile they very much telegraphed (not that that's a bad thing) Jason Jordan's appearance later in the show. Does he have a strong heel turn or get squashed by Hunter in the process?

I can see him going heel on Kurt instead

With WWE's track record, WWE will have Jordan beat up HHH and thus turn him face to a small portion of the audience, only to have Jordan later take out Angle and become a heel with the majority of the audience. The two results will nullify each other and Jordan will be back out to silence the next night on Raw while he tries to 'explain' his actions. It will be the first reverse double cross and double turn combo in wrestling history!

Charlotte vs. Alexa Bliss

Decent, inoffensive match that featured a number of big spots -- both hits and misses -- that created some decent tension even with the size disparity. Babyface Charlotte is just such a waste.

**1/2

BUT -- we're over 90 minutes from the scheduled show close with only 2 matches to go. Even if Brock/AJ goes long (hopefully) and intros and bell to bell of the man's tag go long, there's still no good reason for us to go to bed late. You can do it!

My biggest problem with these Survivor Series matches is the fact that the partners just let their teammates get eliminated without trying to break up the pin or submissions. They encourage and applaud this in tag matches, yet it goes ignored in Survivor Series matches.

Also Cesaro standing on the middle rope while one of the Usos countered White Noise and tried pinning Sheamus reminded me of this.

What makes this even more glaring and frustrating is that for about 3 weeks its been RAH RAH! Invasions, matching t-shirts, pep talks, and beefs being put aside while everyone walked around huffing and puffing...and all for what? To casually let your team mate get eliminated? To go from Marxian propaganda type of social media posts and cries for revolution to laissez faire attitudes on team members being pinned. Just extremely jarring and goes to prove that despite all the pomp and circumstance...there are no real stakes in any of this.

This match just seems a little awkward. Not sure if it's the flat crowd or the size disparity between the two.

It makes me want to see a feud between babyface Alexa and heel Charlotte.

Alexa is an interesting prospect as a babyface because she should by rights be a good underdog face but she's so great at conveying a heel personality. Charlotte definitely needs to turn again though.

BUT -- we're over 90 minutes from the scheduled show close with only 2 matches to go. Even if Brock/AJ goes long (hopefully) and intros and bell to bell of the man's tag go long, there's still no good reason for us to go to bed late. You can do it!

Almost has to be a cool down match in between, I think.