Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-10-01-ECW-Hardcore TV] Little Guido & Tony Mamaluke vs Danny Doring & Roadkill

soup23

After Mikey and Psicosis shake hands, the FBI attack and beat down both. Joey hypothesizes that they are trying to take Mikey out before the PPV. Roadkill and Doring run in for the save and we have our tag match starting up. Quick and energetic match between these two. The finish carries the usual stance in FBI matches lately with the faces having the match won before Sal makes his presence known. The way the ring shakes and the camera angle on his backdrop slam make it look awesome. FBI picks up the win heading into the PPV. **

• GSR changed the title to [2000-10-01-ECW-Hardcore TV] Little Guido & Tony Mamaluke vs Danny Doring & Roadkill
  • 10 months later...

I’m not quite sure how this became an ‘impromptu’ World tag team title match; you had Jim Molineux following Doring and Roadkill into the ring after they came to the rescue of Mikey Whipwreck and Psicosis who had been jumped by the FBI, next thing you know, World title match.  The challengers with the shine until Guido knees Doring in the back as he’s whipped into the ropes.  I’ll quickly mention that during that shine section there was one moment I really liked where Roadkill makes the cover after a side slam, Mamaluke goes to break it up with a legdrop off the top but Roadkill sees him coming and he lands on his own partner.  Unlike the TNN match these teams had, this time it’s Doring as the FIP.  Mamaluke with a drop toe hold and he then locks in a variation of the camel clutch, turning around to face Roadkill as he applies it almost as if he’s teasing him to do something.   Doring ducks the swinging arm and hits a ‘Rocker Dropper’ (how has that not got a daft name yet?).  He makes the hot tag to Roadkill who takes Mamaluke’s head off with a clothesline.  A huge powerbomb on him and a ‘Barn Burner’ for Guido.  The FBI avoids the double splash in the corner and Roadkill goes sailing out over the turnbuckles to the floor.  ‘Dastardly Danny’ with a double bareback to the wannabe Italians.  As Molineux tries to get him out of the ring Roadkill climbs the ropes setting himself for a double clothesline, however Big Sal grabs him by the pants and yanks him backwards.  An awesome looking ‘Wham, Bam, Thank You Mam’ spiking Mamaluke but there’s no official, again, as Guido has him tied up.  Sal is in, gives Doring a Samoan Drop, puts Mamaluke on top and the FBI escape with the belts by the skin of their week for the second week in a row.

I feel like I’ve watched so many segued matches recently and that trope is long played out.  Not as good as the TNN match but the tag team division in ECW is real highlight in these dying days.  Tony Mamaluke has been a complete revelation and these two teams have great chemistry together.  Big Sal is the difference again, saving his team as Doring & Roadkill looked to have the belts won.