Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-10-05-IWRG] El Dandy & Silver King & Shocker vs Brazo de Plata & Super Parka & Fantasma Jr

soup23

A really fun break from everything. Porky has to be one of the all time great comedy workers as he always finds new ways to entertain. The best spot here was when he goaded Shocker into dancing and then fainted when Shocker raised his arms and he smelled his arm pits. The lead up to the Porky dive on all three rudos to end the second fall was also excellent. Overall, this was a lighthearted affair with good comedy work and then Silver King decides to take off Parka's mask and things get really serious for the finish with tons of old timers coming out to goad King. ***1/2 (7)

• 5 months later...

This had some fun stuff with Shocker and Porky battling over who is more guapo but there wasn't a whole lot else to it. I can take or leave Porky's comedy at this stage. He has a habit of overshadowing every bout that he's in because of his routine. It was fun here because Shocker was the foil but it would have been a bore otherwise. Dandy worked the mat with Fantasma in the beginning and it was kind of sad to see just how slow Dandy has become. The Dandy of old would have torn it up in that segment. Silver King tried to start something with Super Parka but the care factor wasn't there for me. Shocker looked good against all three opponents and was head and shoulders above everybody else. I'd recommend skipping this one unless you want further proof that Shocker is a special talent.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-10-05-IWRG] El Dandy & Silver King & Shocker vs Brazo de Plata & Super Parka & Fantasma Jr
  • 2 months later...