• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10576 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:28 PM

RIP Hideo Itami (they just did a Coming Soon video for him on 205 Live).

#22 donsem43

donsem43
  • Members
  • 753 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:45 PM

Given the history of NXT women call ups, your better off not being "ready."

#23 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1091 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:33 PM

Based on his WWE career since his arrival in NXT, I think this is pretty much the best we could expect for him and from him.  And 205 Live is in desperate need of some new faces.

In other news, The Bludgeon Brothers made their debut.  The name is goofy, their costumes are goofy, but they may have some legs as a big, ass kicking tag team. It's nice to see Luke Harper on TV in any capacity at this point, and Rowan won't be exposed as badly in a tag team, I think. If creative doesn't give up on them after two weeks (like SD tends to) then they might have a chance as a decent team.

Or...they might end up like the Colons, who I had totally forgotten were even in WWE at all, until I saw them tonight as lumberjacks for the main event.

#24 Coffey

Coffey
  • Members
  • 3850 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:15 PM

Has anyone read the new Jim Ross book? Is it any good/worth the read?

#25 EricR

EricR
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 783 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:44 AM

I really dug Uso/Benjamin. TV matches this year haven't really been up to prior year levels, but sometimes a little 7 minute match can come out of nowhere and really surprise. 

The Bludgeon Brothers have an even worse look than Ascension. What a terrible look on those two. 

#26 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 1931 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:20 AM

To be fair, Finn vs. Brock is a match I have no desire to see.

Finn hasn't impressed me one bit in NXT or WWE, and Lazy Brock is Lazy Brock.

It just came to me that I bet Finn wins the Rumble and uses that to jump to Smackdown and face AJ for the WWE Title at WrestleMania. Nakamura has been a flop on the main roster, but the last AJ-Finn match was relatively well-received.

I get that you're not impressed with Finn and that there's nothing I could say to make you change your mind, but... Finn vs. AJ was excellent. I know you'll credit it to it being AJ and negate Finn's performance, but that was fantastic.

IIRC his match with Reigns on that RAW where he earned a spot in the Universal title match was pretty good too.

He was also super over in NXT and is super over on RAW.

How has Nakamura been a flop on the main roster? They built his debut as one of the selling points for that one PPV in which he debuted on, gave him various title matches and has been featured as one of the top guys on SDL beating some fo the big names on the show. The fact that he hasn't won the title yet doesn't mean he's been a flop.

AJ vs. Finn was a decent match, yeah, but wildly overrated and not even my favorite match on that show. With that said, it was last-minute and AJ flew countless hours just to get there. In light of that, it was a damn near miracle.

My problem with Finn is that everything with him seems so mechanical, and "The Demon" brings nothing extra to the table other than the entrance and cool look. No added intensity, no different moves, etc. It also feels really forced most of the time. There's nothing natural about anything he does, whether it's plain Finn or Demon Finn.

It doesn't even matter whether the Vince "souring" rumors are true, because we just had AJ vs. Brock, so why would you present a much lesser version of that dynamic with the inferior Finn? I don't believe the Vince rumors anyway, because Finn did beat AJ right before AJ regained the World Title.

My guess is still that Finn will win the Royal Rumble and jump to Smackdown to face AJ, or at least the possibility is being considered, which could explain why they're moving away from Brock-Finn. Obviously, all of that is wild speculation on my part, but it wouldn't shock me. Then again, it also wouldn't shock me to see Finn in the WrestleMania pre-show or Andre Battle Royal either.

Nakamura felt like something really special in NXT, at least at first. But it's been downhill since then, even in NXT. Has there been a great Nakamura match on the main roster? Okay, I'm sure there are 1-2 I'm forgetting, but there should be 20-30 considering how good he actually is.

Has anyone read the new Jim Ross book? Is it any good/worth the read?

I liked it, but it's one of those things where you wish it was three times longer.

#27 Kadaveri

Kadaveri
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:32 AM

Has there been a great Nakamura match on the main roster? Okay, I'm sure there are 1-2 I'm forgetting, but there should be 20-30 considering how good he actually is.

No I don't think there's been any. His matches against Cena and Orton are his best so far, which I have at 3.75.

If he's in a singles match at Wrestlemania I'm sure he'll deliver though. That's just how he is.

#28 CapitalTTruth

CapitalTTruth
  • Members
  • 869 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:05 AM

I am a big fan of the Bludgeons Brother, but I am not so much a fan of their Kane tribute attire.  Lets hope they abandon that sooner rather than later.

#29 Mrzfn

Mrzfn
  • Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:25 AM

Extremely surprised people are down on Ruby Riot. She was one of the people I looked forward to seeing most in NXT, and on the indy scene before that.

#30 CapitalTTruth

CapitalTTruth
  • Members
  • 869 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:47 PM

Yeah, I don't really get the Riot hate.  I like her. I am generally for all the "call ups" even though the execution has been puzzling if not outright lazy. Sure, women like Cross, Sane, Moon are "more ready" I suppose, but the more talented women on both rosters the better as far as I am concerned. I am guessing they will at least work to keep everyone relevant till they can do a 20 woman Royal Rumble. I just hope they keep it up after that.

#31 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4155 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:17 PM

Announced that Money in the Bank will be a co branded ppv next year. So that's 5

#32 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1091 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:57 PM

Announced that Money in the Bank will be a co branded ppv next year. So that's 5

Does that mean there will be two MITB matches, one for each brand/championship, or does it mean the match will be for members of both brands, so whoever wins can cash in against either brand?  I think that would be more interesting.

More importantly, why do I care?

#33 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 10576 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 06:39 PM

Looking at the pic of Ruby's crew on the WO front page reminds me how terrible the WWE makeup team is. They must be so used to working on overly tanned/bronzed faces that pale complexioned folks like her and Paige look like mimes on TV. 

#34 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4526 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:42 PM

I know you didnt mean it this way, but "Pale Complextioned Folks" really comes off as something a hillbilly racist would say on the news as he tries to describe his family, be racist, and politically correct at the same time.

😆

#35 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4526 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:06 AM

I disagree strongly. The problem with 205 is that they based it on just the guys from the CWC, and there wasn't a lot of star power there. As they add in NXT guys who have been in the system for awhile like Itami and eventually Gargano, you'll see a better show. Shit, that's why Enzo is there.

#36 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 10576 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:56 AM

I know you didnt mean it this way, but "Pale Complextioned Folks" really comes off as something a hillbilly racist would say on the news as he tries to describe his family, be racist, and politically correct at the same time.

😆

lol I was trying not to say goth looking since I was afraid someone would well-actually me over one or both of them not really being goth or whatnot.

#37 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1091 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:58 AM

I thought Paige's makeup was pretty comical on Monday when I saw her.  Normally I don't notice stuff like that (or care if I do notice) but I thought they were trying to introduce her as the long lost daughter of Paul Bearer or something. :blink:

#38 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4526 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:57 AM

Paige looked hot as fire. If pretending to not see that is what you need to come to grips with being attracted to Paul Bearer then you just be you, bro. No one is judging.

#39 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1091 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:41 AM

Paige looked hot as fire. If pretending to not see that is what you need to come to grips with being attracted to Paul Bearer then you just be you, bro. No one is judging.

Incorrect.

Please refer to the following photograph:

Mandy-Rose-Sonya-Deville-Alexa-Bliss-Raw

Alexa looks hot.  Mandy Rose looks incredibly hot.  The other girl (whose name I forget) is trying to look look like a female UFC fighter.

Paige looks like a painted corpse.

Therefore, you are wrong.

Again.

#40 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:55 AM

Enough with the "invader" angles already. Ive seen it with the NWO, and Nexus, The Shield, The Wyatts.. and now with the Women, on both RAW AND Smackdown?? It gets interesting for a while, but now its overkill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users