WWE - November 20 - November 26

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 fakeplastictrees

fakeplastictrees
  • Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:57 AM

The worse thing about it is WWE's commitment to not make it look "too real". If the NXT women are surprises and "aren't suppose to be here", etc. Why not just come out wearing street clothes? WWE Security actually pretending, even in some small way, to do its job would also make for a nice visual and up the stakes.

#42 grizzlyedwin

grizzlyedwin

@flatxearth

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:54 PM

Not TV, but Starrcade is tonight. As most people who watch the current product, Im bummed this isnt airing anywhere.

#43 Kadaveri

Kadaveri
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:16 PM

Week's YouTube Roundup

Raw's most viewed videos

1. Paige returns to WWE alongside Raw newcomers Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville - 2.7m views
2. The Shield drives The Miz through the announce table - 2.2m
3. The Miz vs. Roman Reigns - Intercontinental Championship Match - 1.9m
4. Kurt Angle threatens to retaliate against Triple H
5. Kane brutalizes Braun Strowman with a steel chair - 1.3m

Lowest

3. Asuka vs. Dana Brooke - 281k
2. Rich Swann, Cedric Alexander, Akira Tozawa & Mustafa Ali vs. The Zo Train - 118k
1. Enzo Amore and "The Zo Train" give thanks - 112k

Smackdown's most viewed videos

1. AJ Styles calls out Jinder Mahal - 1m
2. Shane McMahon calls Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn to the ring - 952k
3. The New Day vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn - 899k
4. Ruby Riot, Liv Morgan & Sarah Logan emerge with a surprise attack - 821k
5. The Hype Bros vs. The Bludgeon Brothers - 797k

Lowest

3. Bryan answers Owens' pleas with a match against Orton - 522k
2. Shane makes it clear how he expects Owens & Zayn to be handled - 240k
1. Jey Uso vs. Shelton Benjamin - 218k

#44 Flyin' Brian

Flyin' Brian
  • Members
  • 643 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, Sports, Games, Comics, Reading, Television, Movies, Sci-fi, Fantasy.

Posted 26 November 2017 - 02:45 PM

Not TV, but Starrcade is tonight. As most people who watch the current product, Im bummed this isnt airing anywhere.

Hopefully they filmed it for a future network special. Sounds like it was a good show with a good crowd.

#45 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10576 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 02:51 PM

The worse thing about it is WWE's commitment to not make it look "too real". If the NXT women are surprises and "aren't suppose to be here", etc. Why not just come out wearing street clothes? WWE Security actually pretending, even in some small way, to do its job would also make for a nice visual and up the stakes.

I think part of this stems from not wanting to encourage people to jump the rails, which happened fairly regularly to both companies in the Monday Night Wars era. Ever since then, WWE has gone out of their way whenever possible to make it clear that anyone coming from the crowd is part of the show and not some rando.

Also Vince's quirk of people always being in their gear no matter how ridiculous, which among other things gave us the Randy Orton Never Wears Pants meme. 

#46 SteveJRogers

SteveJRogers
  • Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:45 PM

Also Vince's quirk of people always being in their gear no matter how ridiculous, which among other things gave us the Randy Orton Never Wears Pants meme. 

Not sure what is more surreal, Flair showing up to be interviewed by Mooney on Prime Time Wrestling, flanked by Bobby Heenan period, or the fact that Bobby is in a WWF sweatshirt (and not his traditional attire) and Flair looks ready for a match, and not a standard studio interview segment, and not in his usual custom made suit.

#47 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 1811 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:58 PM

Hopefully they filmed it for a future network special. Sounds like it was a good show with a good crowd.

We get 2 cage matches,  the return of "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes, and Arn does a spinebuster on Dolph Ziggler.  Hell yeah I hope this is on the Network as a special  <_<

Although I could have sworn the Rock N Roll Express was supposed to wrestle Anderson and Gallows and that didn't happen

#48 CapitalTTruth

CapitalTTruth
  • Members
  • 869 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 08:10 PM

called it off at least a few days back. I am not sure where I read that, but i remember them killing that match well before the show.

#49 goc

goc

A disgrace to Joe Blanchard

• Members
  • 7437 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:14 PM

I don't think it's a good idea to debut a bunch of new people in street clothes. You want them to look like stars to people who've never seen them.

called it off at least a few days back. I am not sure where I read that, but i remember them killing that match well before the show.

Probably decided they didn't want Luke Gallows in a match with the Rock N Roll Express because he'd be exposed as more physically washed up than either Ricky or Robert.

#50 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 1931 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:22 PM

I wonder if Anderson and Gallows are on their way out? Have they made any appearances since the big round of releases? They're not in the least bit over in WWE, and have they had even one memorable match since leaving Japan? (Assuming they had any in Japan.)

#51 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43576 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:35 PM

They were quite over upon their arrival, but that fizzled out quickly. I think being separated from Styles hurt them, but they were probably already on the decline even when they were partnered with him.

#52 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 10390 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:54 PM

I think there's one potential run in them still, paired again with Styles or with Balor or both.

#53 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4155 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:44 AM

Roman is doing the open challenge gimmick with the IC title on Raw.  Real good idea as Raw doesn't have a PPV for 2 months and we are entering the slow holiday season now.  Keeps things interesting. 

#54 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43576 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:44 AM

Reigns has also had some of his best performances against guys lower on the card where he wins but makes them look awesome in the process. Cesaro and more recently Jason Jordan come to mind.

#55 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10576 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:43 AM

Nice to see they finally realized that what helped get Cena past the stage where the cool thing was to boo him might just work for Roman as well (and so far it has). Namely keeping him away from the main title picture and putting him in the position to have good matches with folks.

#56 Flyin' Brian

Flyin' Brian
  • Members
  • 643 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, Sports, Games, Comics, Reading, Television, Movies, Sci-fi, Fantasy.

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:18 AM

We get 2 cage matches,  the return of "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes, and Arn does a spinebuster on Dolph Ziggler.  Hell yeah I hope this is on the Network as a special  <_<

Although I could have sworn the Rock N Roll Express was supposed to wrestle Anderson and Gallows and that didn't happen

Yeah, I saw they were supposed to wrestle too but looks like it was changed to just an appearance and promo. 

#57 grizzlyedwin

grizzlyedwin

@flatxearth

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:41 AM

From what I've seen, it was a fantastic show, however it doesn't seem like it was tapped for TV.

I would be all for a Rock 'n' Roll Express vs. the Revival tag match.

#58 SteveJRogers

SteveJRogers
  • Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:55 AM

From what I've seen, it was a fantastic show, however it doesn't seem like it was tapped for TV.

There are a couple of ringside (official, not fan) clips of the Roode-Ziggler finish with the Arn spinebuster, and Arn telling Ziggler welcome to Horsemen Country on a house mic, as well as Goldu...I mean The Natural Dustin Rhodes enterance and The Hardyz introducing the R&Rs.

#59 SteveJRogers

SteveJRogers
  • Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:55 AM

There are a couple of ringside (official, not fan) clips of the Roode-Ziggler finish with the Arn spinebuster, and Arn telling Ziggler welcome to Horsemen Country on a house mic, as well as Goldu...I mean The Natural Dustin Rhodes enterance and The Hardyz introducing the R&Rs.

#60 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:56 AM

I saw that on the WWE Youtube channel.

Im guessing they didnt film the whole thing as at times they did this with other shows like Nakamura in Japan or Roman returning to beat down Seth earlier in the year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users