Pro Wrestling Only

WWE 27 November - 3 December 2017

FMKK

Of course every artist has a sound and range. Its what makes them--THEM. Its a gift and a curse. Jim is hands down a legend in this business and if he is hanging it up, good for him. He has made a ton of money, had worldwide exposure, and is one of the key figures behind WWE selling 7 million (give or take) in original singles and albums (pre CFO). He is the John Williams of pro wrestling. Jim being one of the first 'behind the scenes' figures to be inducted into the WWE HOF makes way too much sense for it not to happen.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is the John Williams of pro wrestling.

Very true, and a double-edge sword compliment if there ever was one. ;)

As far as being samey, Prichard told the story of Vince loving the Bam Bam Bigelow theme (the face one I believe) and that basically every theme sounded like Bam Bam's for a while because Johnston wanted to please Vince.

I have no idea when Johnston stopped doing the music, but to me the number of really fun and memorable themes just dropped insanely low when they got into the 00's, with a shitload of generic neo-metal shit stuff. I guess I'm a sucker for the old-school, more "gimmicky" stuff.

The main reason is that he exposed Vince McMahon as a frail old man. The secondary reason I think is that I don't think I've ever seen a crowd react to him in the slightest.

You must have not been paying attention at all in 2013 then because as part of the Prime Time Players he looked like he was ready to break out as a big time singles babyface. The crowd was always into his hot tags and doing his pose and HURRAH HURRAHS along with him.

Yeah, Titus definitely had potential. Great and unique look, very good hot tag, loads of charisma, won Celebrity Dad of the Year in 2015. They've pushed guys with less talent further and, lo and behold, some of them eventually put the pieces together and became pretty good. Titus was definitely a lost opportunity for the company over something really stupid.

Man, you guys must be seeing something I can't. I've always looked at him as a guy who is pretty much where he should be in his career, hovering on the fringes of the mid-card. I admittedly didn't see the match with Joe from last week, but I generally find O'Neil to be quite boring - his matches unremarkable at best, and his promos can be cringe-worthy. Some of that you can write off as WWE scripting promos, but still. I still don't know exactly what the mythical "it" is that wrestling insiders go on about, but whatever "it" is....Titus O'Neil doesn't have it, in my opinion.

Titus is interesting. Titus makes for great TV when he puts the pieces together. However, there have been times when he reverts back to NXT Season 5 Titus.When I think about it, I would compare his inconsistency to early Smackdown Sean O'Haire. I don't think Titus should be the World champion, but a 3 month US/IC title run would freshen things up in both the division and the overall product. With all of this said, I would love Titus to be the manager of The Street Profits. Get Apollos corny ass out of there and just have Titus managing the new Prime Time Players.

The main reason is that he exposed Vince McMahon as a frail old man. The secondary reason I think is that I don't think I've ever seen a crowd react to him in the slightest.

You must have not been paying attention at all in 2013 then because as part of the Prime Time Players he looked like he was ready to break out as a big time singles babyface. The crowd was always into his hot tags and doing his pose and HURRAH HURRAHS along with him.

I wasn't paying attention during that time, so fair enough. I have happened to pay attention during heatless feuds with Darren Young or when he's been a manager for Akira Tozawa.

Titus probably got into the business too late for them to consider investing in him too much. He should be a babyface tag guy for life though, that suits his skills best. Hes a victim of WWE being obsessed with breaking up teams/partnerships. Darren was a decent babyface in peril as well so Prime Time Players should have just been a team permanently

I wish they would do more pairing of power guys with high flyers. I realize you can't have too many teams like that or they aren't unique but I could see actually see a Chad Gable tag team with Titus O'Neill being far better than one with Shelton Benjamin, if only because there would be a sharper contrast in size and they could do the spots that people usually enjoy, like when you press slam your partner on to your opponents and that sort of thing.

I wish they would do more pairing of power guys with high flyers. I realize you can't have too many teams like that or they aren't unique but I could see actually see a Chad Gable tag team with Titus O'Neill being far better than one with Shelton Benjamin, if only because there would be a sharper contrast in size and they could do the spots that people usually enjoy, like when you press slam your partner on to your opponents and that sort of thing.

Any team is better without Shelton Benjamin in it.

Loss is obviously a huge Hart Foundation fan. Maybe we should reopen that old thread.

They should look to go down that route with some of the cruiserweight guys, though the midcard is kinda thin on the ground in terms of people they could throw into teams

There was that one time in that 2013 period when the crowd suddenly got hot for a Titus/Roman staredown, I think it was during one of those Shield vs the roster matches. For a moment at least, he came off like a big deal the people could get behind. I did enjoy his brief feud with Rusev before they turned him again and I generally dig the Titus Brand though found it odd that Tozawa just disappeared from it.

I'm probably higher than most in terms of TItus' ring work (I'm a sucker for shit-talking powerhouses ala Mark Henry), but what really got me behind him was how much of a genuinely wonderful human being he is. Here's a guy who rounded up a few homeless people and treated them to a meal at a restaurant inbetween shows simply to give back. He seems like a great father and I thought that Take Time to be a Dad campaign would have gotten him more elevation in WWE. Coupled with a tragic childhood you'd think there would be a lot to feed the WWE marketing system.