Pro Wrestling Only

The 10,000 person crowd

sek69

3 hours ago, El-P said:

So, it's officially the Mania of indies. Sold on the name, lineup is meh.

I will note that we don't know the Omega match yet, and there's some chance for that to be a big deal one. (Pentagon?)

But ultimately, you're right. When they sold this out in a half hour, there was no need to burn any big matches or build a feud to this show. I do think the show has some interesting matchups (I like that they're doing Scurll-Okada, which NJPW wouldn't do because Scurll is a junior), but when tickets went on sale, I was thinking this was getting main evented by Bullet Club War Games, and this card does not have anything like that.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, so there's gonna be an Omega match ? Well, there is that I guess. When I look at this card, the six-men involving Rey & Fenix and Okada vs Scurll are the only two match I want to see. Omega vs Pentagon would not be a big deal for me as I've been down on Penta for a while now (yeah Zero Fear, we fucking get it, don't need to do it a hundred times per match). The ROHesque undercard does zilch for me. Ok, Janela vs Page could be fun, but that's it.

They could have done a blow off to the whole Bullet Club melodrama instead of having everybody kiss and make up. That would be a big deal that I would pay money to see. They could have done an IWGP title defense or an IWGP tag title match against a big name challenger. That is something I'd pay to see. What it really feels like to me is a PWG All Star Weekend type uppercard with a ROH house show type lower card. 

23 hours ago, El-P said:

I've been down on Penta for a while now (yeah Zero Fear, we fucking get it, don't need to do it a hundred times per match).

Every Penta match is the exact same now (sans the Sami Callihan Slammiversary match) -- "zero miedo" pose, chops, sling blade, super kick, sling blade, "zero miedo" pose, super kick, dual super kick, "this is awesome" *clap, clap, clap, clap, clap," sling blade, super kick, dive from someone, package piledriver on the ring apron, 2.99, "zero miedo" pose, super kick, sling blade, package piledriver on the ring, 3 count.

Tribune is withdrawing from the Sinclair merger, choosing instead to sue them for breach of contract to the tune of $1 billion. My immediate reaction as far as ROH is concerned, is that this might not be good for them in terms of their television deal. If Tribune takes them down on this, they could be the first victim of whatever house-cleaning Sinclair deems necessary. 

On 8/7/2018 at 9:45 AM, El-P said:

Oh, so there's gonna be an Omega match ? Well, there is that I guess. When I look at this card, the six-men involving Rey & Fenix and Okada vs Scurll are the only two match I want to see. Omega vs Pentagon would not be a big deal for me as I've been down on Penta for a while now (yeah Zero Fear, we fucking get it, don't need to do it a hundred times per match). The ROHesque undercard does zilch for me. Ok, Janela vs Page could be fun, but that's it.

I still pop when Pentagon puts the zero fear hand on their face though. Such disrespect! lmfao