Pro Wrestling Only

The 10,000 person crowd

sek69

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if PWG, Lucha Underground, AAA, PROGRESS, ROH, and NJPW all joined forces for a mega show--its not hitting 10,000. I doubt Cody and Team would want to invite Impact (though [some will think] ADR, Lashley, EC3, LAX, and OvE would make nice additions to the card). It will need to be the WCW/New Japan Supershow of 2017.

If this show is anywhere close, I'll grab a buddy or my GF & hit it up. Ya know they're gonna try to go all out on the card and I don't wanna miss out on the live experience. That's going to be an electric crowd.

I would love to be able to see Pentagon live. Maybe they could grab him. That'd be cool. There's very few wrestlers that I wanted to see live that I never got the opportunity. Only André the Giant comes to mind. I've seen Cody live, from back in his WWE days but I've not seen the Young Bucks yet.

EDIT : "Chicago, London, San Francisco and Ontario (CA) being the location front-runners." - I could do Chicago only from those options.

Edited by Coffey

If they run at the right time of year, in the right market, I think they have a pretty good shot of hitting the 10,000 mark. They are smart business guys regardless of your feelings on them as talents and they will likely promote and build this thing for months and months. There branding is excellent, and they are icons for a certain sort of wrestling fan. As Matt noted, the show will be seen as a hardcore fan pilgrimage, both a way to stick it to Vince, and a way to illustrate that someone is part of the cool kid table. If they get to 8k plus in a pre-sale you can bet your ass they will slash remaining ticket prices the last week to desperately get to that number, and it wouldn't shock me to see them heavily paper at the tail end if need be to get 10k in the building even if it isn't 10k paid. I am virtually certain this will be the largest drawing U.S. indie show in history if they do it in the U.S., though I think it's possible they do it in the UK. Of the U.S. places listed as options I personally think the smartest place to run is Chicago because it's a central location, with two major airports, and maybe the most vibrant indie wrestling culture in the U.S. But I'm sure they know their fanbase better than I do.

I personally dont give a fuck one way or another, but the people who are shitting on this are truly the worst example of human beings. Why wouldnt you want to be supportive of people trying to achieve something based on hard work and passion?

Heres a Fucking notion, how about putting aside your nerd bullshit about rasslin and recognize that there are folks willing to try to do something and take a risk to get ahead? Its a far better attitude than finding reasons to shit on it.

I dont care about Bullet Club and I probably wont watch the show, just like most of you fucking dum dums.

But this geek backlash Im seeing all over the Internet places we frequent against guys showing initiative is fucking awful. And you all of you perpetrating it need to be embarrassed and kill yourselves.

Its the only way to stop this awful thinking from spreading to the next gener..,

Oh, I forgot about the fact that the only thing these dummies are spreading is cream cheese on their fingers. Stop stinking.

I personally dont give a fuck one way or another, but the people who are shitting on this are truly the worst example of human beings. Why wouldnt you want to be supportive of people trying to achieve something based on hard work and passion?

Heres a Fucking notion, how about putting aside your nerd bullshit about rasslin and recognize that there are folks willing to try to do something and take a risk to get ahead? Its a far better attitude than finding reasons to shit on it.

I dont care about Bullet Club and I probably wont watch the show, just like most of you fucking dum dums.

But this geek backlash Im seeing all over the Internet places we frequent against guys showing initiative is fucking awful. And you all of you perpetrating it need to be embarrassed and kill yourselves.

Its the only way to stop this awful thinking from spreading to the next gener..,

Oh, I forgot about the fact that the only thing these dummies are spreading is cream cheese on their fingers. Stop stinking.

This is the worst post ever

I wish them well too. This transcends personal tastes in pro wrestling. But this post is out of line. Come on.

Here are some of the biggest drawing indy shows of the 2010s and 2000s according to genickbruch.

WWNlive in China Day 4 (China) 11/16/2014 - 10,500 - main event: Johnny Gargano vs. Ricochet

FMLL @ Los Angeles 1/26/2013 - 7,000 - main event: trios match feat. La Par-K, Hijo del Santo, Dr. Wagner Jr

Clash of the Legends 4/27/2007 - 6,000 - main event: Hulk Hogan vs. Paul Wight

NWA New Jersey / NWA Pro 6/27/2009 - 5,500 main event: Apolo vs. Dimitrious Papadon

Memphis Wrestling Throwback Night 2 2004 - 5,000 - main event: tag featuring Terry Funk, Jimmy Hart, Jerry Lawler and some non-wrestler

Clash of the Legends @ Midsouth Coliseum 6/15/2001 - 4,700 - main event: Jerry Lawler vs. Lord Hugh Mungus

WrestleCade 2016 11/26/2016 - 4,000 - main event: Matt Hardy vs. Ryback

Show @ Chicago 2/17/2013 - 3,500 - main event: trios match feat. La Par-K, Hijo del Santo, Blue Demon Jr.

RoH Supercard of Honor XI - 3,500 - main event: Young Bucks vs. Hardy Boyz

NEW Wrestling under the Stars - 3,341 - main event: Young Bucks vs. Alberto El Patron & Rey Mysterio

Show @ Chicago 1/23/2011 - 3,000 - main event: Hijo del Santo & Hijo del Rey Mysterio vs. Piloto Suicida & Imagen Nocturno

APW Cow Palace Royal 2017 - 3,000 - main event: Cody Rhodes vs. Joey Ryan

NEW Wrestling under the Stars 2016 - 2,800 - main event: Cody Rhodes vs. Kurt Angle

The site also lists a show headlined by Scott Steiner in Aruba drawing 11,000, altough not sure how much truth there can be to that

Verdict: they can do it if they manage to get El Hijo del Santo, La Par-K, Scott Steiner, Jerry Lawler, Matt Hardy, Hulk Hogan and Apolo or some comparable Puerto Rican star and run the show in a city where many puerto ricans and latinos live aswell as get a shitload of legends to do autograph signings.

Or maybe just stop running these stupid supercards in an oversaturated market and find a new country to do business in.

Its definitely possible in theory.

Cody is good for what 500 people

The bucks are good for about 500

Omega is good for about 2500

Somebody like Punk or Bryan is good for 4000 ish Id imagine

Somebody like Mysterio or Jericho would be good for 2000 ish

A big name from Japan is good for 2500 ish.

A big name from the 70s like Lawler is good for a 500 to1000 still

A big star like LA Park or Santo or Wagner from Mexico is good for 3000...

Indie guys like riddle or low ki can get you like 200

So add that up and and you can fill 10000 seats... In theory

Here are some of the biggest drawing indy shows of the 2010s and 2000s according to genickbruch.

Clash of the Legends 4/27/2007 - 6,000 - main event: Hulk Hogan vs. Paul Wight

Not sure how seriously to take that list because I know that Hogan/Giant match is definitely not right. Wikipedia page says 2,200 and is sourced to include how much the gate was. http://www.stspod.club/2007/05/col-coverage-official-gate-released.html

If Punk or Bryan are on this card it will def hit 10,000. I think they will do it anyway, just because they are making a deal of it. Wrestling has become a destination thing in a way. People are more willing to travel I think if they are going to be part of something "special". They will sell this as special. Fans from all around will want to say they were part of this.

In the right city at the right time of year with enough hype I think 10k is totally attainable for a Bullet Club supershow. Like has been said, it will be more of a hardcore fan gathering and won't need a major name like Punk or Bryan. There will be enough fans out there wanting to be part of something cool and anti-WWE to hit the mark

I think it's a tough road but I think it's doable. If they can get Kenny Omega to wrestle that will be a good start. Maybe bring in some lucha guys that would be a really novelty for people.

If I was them I would just throw absurd amounts of money at CM Punk to wrestle Omega. If you could get that match I think you could get close to drawing that.

It obviously doesn't mean too much because 2017 isn't 1999, but according to a PWInsider page I found, the highest ECW attendance was in 99' for the Anarchy Rulz PPV in Chicago (or nearby Villa Park). They packed in 6000. Did RoH do same, better, or less in October with Omega on the card?

I hope the Bullet Club succeeds and I think its within the realm of possibility in Chicago on the right night with the right card and right promotion. To me, Punk and/or Bryan are kind of "must gets" though. Can they get 7000 in the greater Chicago area without them? I think its possible - but to get that extra 3000 people to travel, you better have a star attraction that I can't and won't see anywhere else in 2018 or 2019 or 2020 for that matter. The die-hards are going to be there no matter what, but to get 10k, you have to have some more mainstream names.