The 10,000 person crowd

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#41 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:11 AM

If it ends up being Chicago I will definitely try to attend.

#42 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2637 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:16 AM

This isn't a promotion though; it's Woodstock 1999.

Just without the rape, ideally.

Or the water with prices that make that Nestle fucker smile. Or bad music (eh...)

#43 joeg

joeg
  • Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:38 AM

Its definitely possible in theory.

Cody is good for what 500 people
The bucks are good for about 500
Omega is good for about 2500
Somebody like Punk or Bryan is good for 4000 ish Id imagine
Somebody like Mysterio or Jericho would be good for 2000 ish
A big name from Japan is good for 2500 ish.
A big name from the 70s like Lawler is good for a 500 to1000 still
A big star like LA Park or Santo or Wagner from Mexico is good for 3000...
Indie guys like riddle or low ki can get you like 200

So add that up and and you can fill 10000 seats... In theory

#44 goc

goc

A disgrace to Joe Blanchard

• Members
  • 7437 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:42 AM

Here are some of the biggest drawing indy shows of the 2010s and 2000s according to genickbruch.

Clash of the Legends 4/27/2007 - 6,000 - main event: Hulk Hogan vs. Paul Wight

Not sure how seriously to take that list because I know that Hogan/Giant match is definitely not right. Wikipedia page says 2,200 and is sourced to include how much the gate was.  http://www.stspod.cl...e-released.html

#45 CapitalTTruth

CapitalTTruth
  • Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:44 AM

If Punk or Bryan are on this card it will def hit 10,000.  I think they will do it anyway, just because they are making a deal of it.  Wrestling has become a destination thing in a way. People are more willing to travel I think if they are going to be part of something "special".  They will sell this as special.  Fans from all around will want to say they were part of this.

#46 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 2851 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, music, comics, beer, movies, history, sports...good manly stuff.

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:52 AM

In the right city at the right time of year with enough hype I think 10k is totally attainable for a Bullet Club supershow. Like has been said, it will be more of a hardcore fan gathering and won't need a major name like Punk or Bryan. There will be enough fans out there wanting to be part of something cool and anti-WWE to hit the mark

#47 concrete1992

concrete1992

Sammy D

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:02 AM

The idea that they consider UK an option is BEYOND pointless. If they didn't draw 10K in the UK it would be a much bigger sign that their brand isn't what they thought.

#48 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 9000 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:16 AM

Would Cena help ?

#49 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4886 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:19 AM

I think it's a tough road but I think it's doable. If they can get Kenny Omega to wrestle that will be a good start. Maybe bring in some lucha guys that would be a really novelty for people.

If I was them I would just throw absurd amounts of money at CM Punk to wrestle Omega. If you could get that match I think you could get close to drawing that.

#50 DMJ

DMJ
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:29 AM

It obviously doesn't mean too much because 2017 isn't 1999, but according to a PWInsider page I found, the highest ECW attendance was in 99' for the Anarchy Rulz PPV in Chicago (or nearby Villa Park). They packed in 6000. Did RoH do same, better, or less in October with Omega on the card?

I hope the Bullet Club succeeds and I think its within the realm of possibility in Chicago on the right night with the right card and right promotion. To me, Punk and/or Bryan are kind of "must gets" though. Can they get 7000 in the greater Chicago area without them? I think its possible - but to get that extra 3000 people to travel, you better have a star attraction that I can't and won't see anywhere else in 2018 or 2019 or 2020 for that matter. The die-hards are going to be there no matter what, but to get 10k, you have to have some more mainstream names.

#51 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43574 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:42 AM

I guess a lot of this depends on how true we think Punk will be to his word on never returning to wrestling. There is a place for him to be viable now without ever having to cross paths with WWE in any way. He might change his mind at some point, but I'd be shocked if he's there mentally now. Punk-Danielson vs Young Bucks would be an interesting main event in an all-things-possible world, though.

#52 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:49 AM

Punk is talking with Dana this weekend about his future in UFC. Even if UFC passes on him I could easily see Bellator scooping him up leading to another year or two of promoting a fight.

#53 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4886 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:58 AM

They could bring in ICP too.

#54 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 10385 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:04 PM

They could bring in ICP too.

That's brilliant. ICP/Amell/Bullet Club/Lucha supercard. If they loop in Corgan and have the NWA champ defend with weeks and weeks of youtube build up, all the better.

#55 peachchaos

peachchaos
  • Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:25 PM

I think the 6 Star Match is a big of an indy draw as they're gonna get. So with Okada vs. Omega I really think this would have a chance to hit around 6000 or 7000 if all the other elements were in place.

Wouldn't put any serious thought into Punk or Danielson being involved since they're both working with big companies.

Hogan though, there's so much value there if he were to do social media hype videos with the Bucks and work as a special ref. 

#56 peachchaos

peachchaos
  • Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:26 PM

Austin, too. 

#57 Matt D

Matt D

• Members
  • 10385 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:31 PM

I think the 6 Star Match is a big of an indy draw as they're gonna get. So with Okada vs. Omega I really think this would have a chance to hit around 6000 or 7000 if all the other elements were in place.

Wouldn't put any serious thought into Punk or Danielson being involved since they're both working with big companies.

Hogan though, there's so much value there if he were to do social media hype videos with the Bucks and work as a special ref. 

Do millennials hate Hogan for the whole <ALLEGED> racism thing?

#58 EricR

EricR
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 783 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:52 PM

Can't get the "Quotes" to work for some reason, but RE: the math that would add up to 10,000 post up above, wouldn't that assume that each fan in attendance is only a specific fan of each of those wrestlers, with no crossover? Like if the Bucks are good for 500, and Omega is good for 2500, that's somehow assuming that there are 500 people who like the Young Bucks but not Omega, and vice versa. It seems like it would be double, triple, quadruple counting fans.

I think the math only works when one name is added onto a card. I'm going to a lucha show in January with Negro Casas. It also has Solar and Skayde. My friends and I would have gone to the show if literally only ONE of those guys were on the card. So if only Skayde were on the show, they could count on 5 tickets purchased from my friends and me. With the additional, more expensive names, they're still getting our 5 tickets.

At a certain point it becomes less about adding up the individual draws, and becomes just a big show.

#59 peachchaos

peachchaos
  • Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:55 PM

Do millennials hate Hogan for the whole <ALLEGED> racism thing?

Possibly, but wrestling fans have hated Hogan for generations and it has never effected his ability to pop attendance. 

#60 Matt D

Matt D

• Members
  • 10385 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:56 PM

Can't get the "Quotes" to work for some reason, but RE: the math that would add up to 10,000 post up above, wouldn't that assume that each fan in attendance is only a specific fan of each of those wrestlers, with on crossover? Like if the Bucks are good for 500, and Omega is good for 2500, that's somehow assuming that there are 500 people who like the Young Bucks but not Omega, and vice versa. It seems like it would be double, triple, quadruple counting fans.

I think the math only works when one name is added onto a card. I'm going to a lucha show in January with Negro Casas. It also has Solar and Skayde. My friends and I would have gone to the show if literally only ONE of those guys were on the card. So if only Skayde were on the show, they could count on 5 tickets purchased from my friends and me. With the additional, more expensive names, they're still getting our 5 tickets.

At a certain point it becomes less about adding up the individual draws, and becomes just a big show.

That's why the Insane Clown Posse thing is brilliant. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users