Pro Wrestling Only

The 10,000 person crowd

sek69

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't even know what Hot Topic was until this thread and I am 28. I feel really out of touch. Is it a big deal? Is it a popular clothing store? Is it like Abercrombie & Fitch or Aeropostale? (Tangent: Is how Michael Cole says Aeropostale the correct way to say it? Because if so there is a whole shit load of New Englanders that aint saying it right). Those were two big ones that all the "cool" teens went to when I was a kid.

It's a clothing store for teenagers. So like A&F in that way, but much more casual - lots of pop culture shirts, less "stylized." Very trendy. And apparently the Young Bucks are really on trend for teenagers right now.

The Bullet Club design is really cool. Even if I wasn't into wrestling, I'd dig the shirt.

Also don't know what Spenscers Gifts is.

They had those in MA in the late 90s at least. I think they still do now. Im pretty sure the issue is you and your Mean Street Posse mentality, my friend.

The Bullet Club design is really cool. Even if I wasn't into wrestling, I'd dig the shirt.

Spencer's Gifts is mostly gag gifts and such along with bachelor party type of stuff if you know what I mean.

Hot Topic is mostly tshirts and other clothing accessories. They have a ton of music shirts, cartoon shirts, some wrestling shirts, etc. Bascially pop culture type of stuff.

Spencer's Gifts is mostly gag gifts and such along with bachelor party type of stuff if you know what I mean.

Hot Topic is mostly tshirts and other clothing accessories. They have a ton of music shirts, cartoon shirts, some wrestling shirts, etc. Bascially pop culture type of stuff.

I wonder how Hot Topic will survive when that Funko Pop bubble finally bursts.

I'm with the "right place, right promotion and right card gets them 10,000 people" crowd.

If they do it after September I think Bryan is a lock for this show, Cody even said his "dream" scenario is him vs Danielson for the ROH belt. Now, regardless of how underwhelming I think that match would be, the point is that he is already thinking of booking him after his deal with WWE is done. It would be funny if this show makes Vince "reconsider" and he lets DB wrestle again so he can stay with the company :lol:

That reminds me, the real fun is going to be watching the WWE reaction when a firm place and date are finally announced (which is probably a good chunk of the reason everyone's being so coy about the details).

Whatever random houseshow that happens to be nearby this event is about to be turned into a mega network exclusive PPV.

I was thinking the same thing :lol:

They had those in MA in the late 90s at least. I think they still do now. Im pretty sure the issue is you and your Mean Street Posse mentality, my friend.
I may not be from Brockton or Lawrence but I ain't from Lexington or Concord either. Don't make me out to be some boojie mutha.

Matt D, you'll get this being from Mass, it sounds like Hot Topic is like a more widespread Newbury Comics.

Genius idea! I make a West Newbury Comics and devote to selling Cena merch!

I may not be from Brockton or Lawrence but I ain't from Lexington or Concord either. Don't make me out to be some boojie mutha.

Matt D, you'll get this being from Mass, it sounds like Hot Topic is like a more widespread Newbury Comics.

Less comics, movies and music. More T-shirts and goth and or punk paraphernalia. More mall driven. Otherwise were getting a little bit closer.

So here's what I'm wondering: say they announce this show is taking place in October or November and they hint as much as they can without getting accused of tampering that Bryan will be on the show. What's going to stop WWE from pulling the same bullshit they did with Rey and decide since Bryan was injured they can extend his contract? They're going to have to announce the date/location prior to September for promotional purposes I would imagine, and I can't believe WWE would let that slide without attempting some sort of fuckery.

It expires in September 2018 IIRC. He's made it clear he plans to wrestle again, and unless WWE has a sudden change of heart (and unless the concussion lawsuit magically disappears they won't) it's not going to be with them. If you're aiming to be the first non WWE show to hit 10k, why would you not wait him to fall into your lap to appear on the show in some form?

WWE managed to survive nu metal no longer being cool by simply pretending that it still is. So that approach might work. Similarly, the Bucks have wrestler ponytails and do hand signals and catchphrases from 1996 WCW. So denialism over times changing is apparently an effective marketing tool.

Less comics, movies and music. More T-shirts and goth and or punk paraphernalia. More mall driven. Otherwise were getting a little bit closer.
Fellow Masshole chiming in.

Newbury Comics has altered its business over the past decade to be more of an "upscale" Hot Topic mixed with PacSun/Zumiez. The only one I've encountered that still has a wide selection of both comics and music is Norwood. If you're looking for the classic fix, head to NH/ME and find a Bull Moose shop. They're what Newbury used to be, essentially.