Pro Wrestling Only

WWF on Tour December 1985

LowBlowPodcast

What an incredible SNME, the interplay with Dibiase and the Heenan Family working together against Hogan keeps you on your toes unsure of what's going to happen next. The thing that always stands out to me is how you've perfected the opening promos and the way the actions works around the commercial breaks. Awesome work!

Wow that was one exciting SNME! Every match told a great story. Savage and Gino battling for the IC title will be epic. Looking forward to the Windham/Rude No DQ blow off. Also looking forward to Big Bossman getting into the ring full time. Very intrigued by the Dibiase/Hogan story. Bundy or Dibiase could headline against Hogan at WrestleMania. I think Hogan needs some serious help as Dibiase has a lot of men on his payroll.

wcd0.jpg

WWF Presents: Wrestling Challenge

Hosted By: Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby the Brain Heenan
Matches from: Hershey, PA – Hersheypark Arena

Tito Santana defeated Ken Starr

The Hart Foundation defeated Jim Kent & Mike George

-Jimmy Hart puts over how he will be in the corner of the Hart Foundation on Monday Night to give them one last chance to join him!

Barry Windham defeated Bob Timbs

Demolition defeated Mike Jones & Erick Strong

-Mr. Fuji chimes in to tell Demolition that it is the Mercenaries who should be getting a shot at the titles and if they have to get rid of Demolition along the way they will do whatever it takes!

MAIN EVENT

Hercules w/ Mr. Fuji defeated Scott Casey

-Hercules is back here in the WWF after a quick break with Mr. Fuji in his corner, but Heenan says that Mr. Fuji is only holding Hercules’ contract for the time being… he is evaluating him and if he deserves to be his. Heenan sold the contract but Hercules didn’t want to wrestle for Fuji which caused some concern. Tonight he handles Casey with no problem and finishes him off with a big full nelson.

SPECIAL INTERVIEW

Mean Gene: Fans last week on Saturday Night’s Main Event, we saw an orchestrated attack on the WWF Champion Hulk Hogan. I want to welcome him out here right now… the WWF CHAMPION… HULK HOGAN!

hqdefault.jpg

Mean Gene: Hulk, I want to welcome you in here. I can see you are walking a little gingerly. You are favoring the ribs. I was there with you in the hospital. What is the prognosis and what will happen to this special match up on Monday Night in Madison Square Garden?

Hulk Hogan: Well you know something Mean Gene… it felt like a wave came crashing on me the other night dude. It felt like that 500 ugly monster King Kong Bundy had extra weight on and just destroyed every single rib I have. The ribs punctured the lungs. The air was coming out of my body dude… but when it came crashing down… it hurt inside brother… but I took that deep breath. I looked out the crowd into the sea of Hulkamaniacs and I saw the tears flowing. They may have broken my ribs Mean Gene but they couldn’t break my heart. It is a heart that is fueled by the millions of Hulkamaniacs all over the world! Those fans got me right here tonight and those fans will get me to Madison Square Garden on Monday Gene!

Mean Gene: A lot of fans are wondering just what you will do with heavy competition like Ted Dibiase, Gino Hernandez, and King Kong Bundy? Then you have the likes of the One Man Gang who you have to deal with on Monday Night.

Hulk Hogan: Well the way I see it dude… you can look all across the WWF and see all the top contenders. Don’t forget guys like Tito Santana, Barry Windham, and Billy Jack Haynes. All of the top contenders want a shot at the WWF title and now Ted Dibiase has paid enough money to put a target on my back. He financed Bobby Heenan to bring in King Kong Bundy. I dare say he had something to do with Mr. Fuji bringing back Don Muraco and Hercules. Ted Dibiase… you call yourself the Million Dollar Man but brother you can’t buy these fans and you’ll never be able to buy this title!

Mean Gene: Monday Night, Madison Square Garden, you will be there with Andre the Giant to take on Ted Dibiase and the One Man Gang… what is going to happen if you get hurt?

Hulk Hogan: I don’t deal in what ifs Mean Gene… I am dealing in ABSOLUTES and brother on Monday night I am ABSOLUTELY guaranteeing that me and the biggest dude in the world, my brother Andre the Giant are going to walk down that aisle and beat the holiday out of Ted Dibiase and the One Man Gang so much that they won’t show their faces in the WWF until 1987 and WHATCHA GONNA DO TED DIBIASE WHEN HULK HOGAN AND THE MILLIONS OF HULKAMANIACS RUN WILD ON YOU!

Mean Gene: Just like Joe Namath, Hulk Hogan is guaranteeing victory on Monday Night fans… don’t miss it in Madison Square Garden!

x240-cD0.jpg

WWF Presents: All-American Wrestling
Mean Gene Okerlund & Pat Patterson

Curt Hennig defeated Mark Peters

The Mercenaries defeated Jim & John Paul

The Sheepherders defeated Mark Franks & Edgar Strong

Don Muraco w/ Mr. Fuji defeated Ronnie James

King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Ty Wright & Willy Wallz

superstarslogo.png

WWF Presents: Superstars of Wrestling
Hosted By: Vince McMahon & Jesse ‘ The Body’ Ventura
Matches from: Hershey, PA – Hersheypark Arena

Curt Hennig defeated William Hughes

Curt Hennig: Time keeps going and I keep getting better and better each day. It feels amazing to be here in the WWF and the sky's the limit! I have already begun to look to the future. 1986 is going to be the year of Curt Hennig. I have got some really big plans… it all starts with the King of the Ring… I think a crown would look good on this head… but then again what wouldn’t?

Don Muraco w/ Mr. Fuji defeated Kenny Von Vaughn

Don Muraco: It has been a long time coming but now is the time for the Magnificant One. I have spoken with Mr. Fuji about my future in the WWF and it is time for gold to find its way around my waist. Hulk Hogan… that means you are on the horizon. I am coming for you. I am going to ride that title wave all the way to the top and DESTROY YOU!

The Fabulous Ones w/ Jimmy Hart defeated Burt Fuller & Rian Johnson

Jimmy Hart: I have told everyone that I can handle having the tag team champions and the top contenders. The Hart Foundation have been my bread and butter… but the Fabulous Ones… they are the meat that makes the meal baby. With the tag champs I am set for life and the Harts… well they help make all that happen. On Monday night in Madison Square Garden… I am going to be there for them like I have always been!

Dino Bravo defeated Ryan Stewart

Dino Bravo: The winds of change are in the air here in the WWF. 1986 is on the horizon and that means big things for Dino Bravo. It all starts with the King of the Ring and I am throwing my name in the hat. I can hold that crown better than anyone and represent the great country of Canada as the top wrestler in the world!

SIX-MAN TAG

Gino Hernandez, Rick Rude, & King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan defeated SD Jones, Scott Casey, & Barry Horowitz

-Big time six-man with the Heenan Family showing off their skills here tonight. It is Hernandez who is the crown jewel with Bundy being the driving force. Rude is a heat magnet there as we hear Jesse and Vince put over the big MSG card tomorrow night with Rude and Windham being a showcase match. Tonight we see Gino with the Hot Shot Suplex for the 3-count and that’s all she wrote for Scott Casey.

SPECIAL INTERVIEW

Mean Gene: Fans last week on Saturday Night’s Main Event, we saw an orchestrated attack on the WWF Champion Hulk Hogan. I want to welcome him out here right now… the WWF CHAMPION… HULK HOGAN!

hqdefault.jpg

Mean Gene: Hulk, I want to welcome you in here. I can see you are walking a little gingerly. You are favoring the ribs. I was there with you in the hospital. What is the prognosis and what will happen to this special match up on Monday Night in Madison Square Garden?

Hulk Hogan: Well you know something Mean Gene… it felt like a wave came crashing on me the other night dude. It felt like that 500 ugly monster King Kong Bundy had extra weight on and just destroyed every single rib I have. The ribs punctured the lungs. The air was coming out of my body dude… but when it came crashing down… it hurt inside brother… but I took that deep breath. I looked out the crowd into the sea of Hulkamaniacs and I saw the tears flowing. They may have broken my ribs Mean Gene but they couldn’t break my heart. It is a heart that is fueled by the millions of Hulkamaniacs all over the world! Those fans got me right here tonight and those fans will get me to Madison Square Garden on Monday Gene!

Mean Gene: A lot of fans are wondering just what you will do with heavy competition like Ted Dibiase, Gino Hernandez, and King Kong Bundy? Then you have the likes of the One Man Gang who you have to deal with on Monday Night.

Hulk Hogan: Well the way I see it dude… you can look all across the WWF and see all the top contenders. Don’t forget guys like Tito Santana, Barry Windham, and Billy Jack Haynes. All of the top contenders want a shot at the WWF title and now Ted Dibiase has paid enough money to put a target on my back. He financed Bobby Heenan to bring in King Kong Bundy. I dare say he had something to do with Mr. Fuji bringing back Don Muraco and Hercules. Ted Dibiase… you call yourself the Million Dollar Man but brother you can’t buy these fans and you’ll never be able to buy this title!

Mean Gene: Monday Night, Madison Square Garden, you will be there with Andre the Giant to take on Ted Dibiase and the One Man Gang… what is going to happen if you get hurt?

Hulk Hogan: I don’t deal in what ifs Mean Gene… I am dealing in ABSOLUTES and brother on Monday night I am ABSOLUTELY guaranteeing that me and the biggest dude in the world, my brother Andre the Giant are going to walk down that aisle and beat the holiday out of Ted Dibiase and the One Man Gang so much that they won’t show their faces in the WWF until 1987 and WHATCHA GONNA DO TED DIBIASE WHEN HULK HOGAN AND THE MILLIONS OF HULKAMANIACS RUN WILD ON YOU!

Mean Gene: Just like Joe Namath, Hulk Hogan is guaranteeing victory on Monday Night fans… don’t miss it in Madison Square Garden!

944368.jpg

WWF Live

December 30, 1985

New York City, NY – Madison Square Garden
Hosted by Gorilla Monsoon & Jesse the Body Ventura

0f43f892e3212e3600a809f0d2a51269.jpg

-A special video shows some of the top stars of the WWF as we cut to Jesse and Gorilla at ringside. They put over the HUGE night of action we’ve got. They put over SNME and talk about how that was a major turning point for some of these superstars. Jesse puts over how the holiday season may be over but there are still some season’s beatings to come!

The Fantastics vs The Sheepherders

-It what proves to be a fast contest… these guys go twelve minutes and put a lot of action out there for the crowd. The finish sees both teams head outside the ring and then it becomes an all out brawl. The referee tries to call for the bell but he gets thrown down by the Sheepherders. The Fantastics then take the brawl into the crowd as security and officials comes out. This has got out of hand but with a double DQ… this one is all done.

Manny Fernandez & Curt Hennig vs The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart

-A pretty good contest but the story unfolds with Jimmy Hart & the Hart Foundation. There have been a lot of issues with them but tonight it all comes to fruition. Outside the ring we see Jimmy Hart call out Greg Valentine & the Honky Tonk Man. They come out and join him and we see a great little showcase with Hennig and Bret… but it is just a taste. We see Bret go flying out of the ring to the floor. The referee is holding Hennig back and then out of nowhere it is Jimmy Hart with a huge SHOT on Bret Hart with the MEGAPHONE! Honky and Greg act as shields for this. The crowd is going nuts as is Gorilla. Jesse says he missed what happened. The referee continues to count as Jim Neidhart walks out and tries to help his partner as he missed what happened. The referee counts to 10 and the bell rings. Hennig and Fernandez win via countout but just as the Anvil is questioning Jimmy, Honky and Valentine come from behind and nail him! They are beating him down as the crowd is going nuts. Hennig and Fernandez come over to shake things off as Jimmy Hart has shown his colors here and the Hart foundation don’t appear to be under his guise anymore.

Brutus Beefcake vs Gino Hernandez w/ Bobby Heenan

-The action may slow down here a little bit but the heat continues. Gino is a furnace right now and Heenan continues to put the coals in. Beefcake is coming along and has got himself into great shape. He does some decent work in the ring but it just isn’t enough to do anything as Gino works him over in the biggest way and we see a hot shot suplex for the clean finish. Gino looks very strong and says he is coming for Randy Savage!

Dino Bravo & Billy Jack Haynes vs Greg Valentine & The Honky Tonk Man w/ Jimmy Hart

-Part two of this story unfolds here with Valentine & Honky working well enough together for a couple of minutes against Bravo and Haynes. The crowd comes unglued though when we see Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart com down and they pull Honky down and then Valentine and we get a brawl outside of the ring! It costs Bravo and Haynes the contest but the story is bigger. Officials and agents come out as this is pure chaos outside the ring. Gorilla and Jesse put it over in a big way as Bravo and Haynes cheer them on as they battle the Hart Family.

NO DISQUALIFICATION MATCH

Barry Windham vs Rick Rude w/ Bobby Heenan

-This one has been building for quite some time. Windham and Rude have both busted each other open here in MSG and they get to it tonight. It is a NO DQ match and we see Rick Rude come out in jeans and cowboy boots as does Windham. This one is hard hitting and early on Rude is able to bust Windham open again after throwing him into the guardrail. This is a gusher and Windham is in a bad way. This one is only 11-minutes long but damn it is furious. Windham ahs to fight from behind and he mounts a big offensive flurry that is highlighted with a bulldog outside of the ring and Rude gets up and he is busted open now. Both men get back into the ring, beaten and bloodied… and then we go into the finish. Rude nails some big strikes and looks to go for the Rude Awakening but Windham breaks free and turns him for a BULLDOG but Rude pushes him away and Windham goes flying. Rude struggles over and picks him up for another Rude Awakening but Windham rolls through and then we see a backslide for the 1...2….3!!! The crowd with a big pop and it is Windham who has vanquished Rude! He holds his arm up but he’s lost a lot of blood. We see Heenan trying to help Rude who is in a serious way.

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Demolition vs The Fabulous Ones © w/ Jimmy Hart

-This is part 3 of the night that Jimmy Hart will never forget. This is a good contest with Demolition just beating the living shit out of the Fabs. They are great fodder for the overpowered and scary Demolition. Demo is able to once again throw them around the ring and make them look like they are on the cusp of being destroyed. Just like earlier though, we see the Hart Foundation come out and they are now after Jimmy Hart! They chase him around the ring and just as it looks like Demolition is going to win the titles Kiern and Lane jump out of the ring and make chase for Hart and the Foundation! Demo does win the contest via countout but the titles are not theirs. They are pissed here and show their frustration. Gorilla hopes they get another shot but it is Jesse who says that they need to blame the Hart Foundation for the loss!

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Tito Santana vs Randy Savage © w/ Elizabeth

-Another contest that has been built and built for a long time but it is now time for it to come to fruition. We’ve seen them do battle before. We’ve seen the big 10-man elimination match. This one goes 29 of the 30 minute time limit. The match sees both men get some offense and goes at a very good pace. The finish sees Randy Savage looking to finish with the double axe handle from the top but Tito smashes him in the stomach and he flips over. Tito then waits and hits the ropes for a flying forearm! He makes the signal and goes for the Figure Four but Savage rolls through for the 1...2...3!!! Savage retains the title just as the time is running out! Savage grabs the belt and holds it high in the air. The crowd is giving him a little love here but nothing major. Tito gets a nice pop and Savage gives him a nod of respect as they go to the back.

-Gorilla and Jesse take a couple of minutes to really put this main event over. It goes all the way back to Nikita and Hogan in the cage with Dibiase being revealed as the benefactor. Jesse and Gorilla think this will be the premiere event of the year and this match could sent a new height in professional wrestling!

MAIN EVENT

Hulk Hogan & Andre the Giant vs Ted Dibiase & The One Man Gang w/ Big Bossman

-These guys go about 20-minutes and it is all it is cracked up to be. The best part is Jesse and Gorilla arguing about Dibiase and Hogan. The main course of the match sees Hogan and Andre doing some fun offense and Dibiase and Gang bumping around. The tide then turns with Gang and Dibiase beating the living hell out of Hogan. Hogan sells like a stud and looks as if all hope is lost… but then he makes the big tag and here comes Andre! The Giant comes in with a pair of big time headbutts and then he slams Dibiase in a huge way. Andre catches Gang and a big hip toss. Big Bossman gets up on the apron and here comes Andre with a big headbutt for him and breaks his glasses and even busts him open. The match is breaking loose as Hogan and Gang go outside the ring. A bloodied up Bossman even joins in as the referee is focused on Andre and Dibiase inside the ring. Out of nowhere...someone comes out of the crowd and gets into the ring and then runs and leaps at Andre...

tumblr_m9oyssgtA61rd8tapo1_500.jpg

-STAN HANSEN! That’s Stan Hansen! He nails Andre with the Lariat and the crowd is going NUTS! Hansen and Dibiase are doubling up on Andre and even pick him up for a double suplex! Hogan slams One Man Gang outside the ring and then looks inside and he comes from behind and tosses Dibiase over the top rope. It is then Hogan and Hansen. They are eyeing one another up and then start hammering away at one another. Jesse and Gorilla say that the match has been thrown out the door. Hogan and Hansen are really going at it while Dibiase, the Gang, and Bossman all come in and start kicking away at Hogan but Andre is back up and he is evening the odds. Dibiase and company all leave the ringside area! Hogan and Andre are in the ring welcoming them back in for a fight. If this is any indication of what 1986 is going to be like… the WWF is going to go head over heels… pun intended. Thank you for a great 1985… see you in 1986 with some major changes and the best in professional wrestling!