WWE TV 4th - 11th December 2017

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4887 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:54 PM

I enjoyed Rich Swann a lot. I'm glad the WWE could behave in a manner more responsible than the NFL in this situation.

#42 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4887 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:58 PM

Not to go too far off topic but I find it sadly hilarious that a pro wrestling company got this right with no public outcry while the NFL continues to fuck it up every single time.

#43 DMJ

DMJ
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 04:51 PM

I'm definitely not criticizing the WWE because they made the right call, but one has to wonder how this would've played out had it been John Cena or Seth Rollins or a member of New Day, etc. Swann was expendable before the arrest.

I couldn't figure out the timeline of Austin's domestic dispute and his quitting/firing from WWE in June 2002 - Did he quit before the incident? After? - but I'd imagine that if the Debra incident had happened when Austin was still happy with the company, the WWE would've kept him under contract despite the negative publicity. 2002 was a different time than 2017 and Steve Austin was obviously a much bigger star than Swann, but then again, without WCW around, its not like Austin was going to go be the star of some rival promotion, so, who knows, maybe they would've cut him lose. 

#44 ...TG

...TG
  • Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 04:55 PM

Not to go too far off topic but I find it sadly hilarious that a pro wrestling company got this right with no public outcry while the NFL continues to fuck it up every single time.

It's pretty easy to impose a disciplinary policy when your employees are "independent contractors" and don't have a union, much less a collective bargaining agreement. 

#45 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4887 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 05:08 PM

It's pretty easy to impose a disciplinary policy when your employees are "independent contractors" and don't have a union, much less a collective bargaining agreement. 

Goodell can issue out any punishment he wants and the CBA essentially allows it. They also have a policy after the Ray Rice situation and they still don't follow it.

#46 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4887 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 05:09 PM

I'm definitely not criticizing the WWE because they made the right call, but one has to wonder how this would've played out had it been John Cena or Seth Rollins or a member of New Day, etc. Swann was expendable before the arrest.

I couldn't figure out the timeline of Austin's domestic dispute and his quitting/firing from WWE in June 2002 - Did he quit before the incident? After? - but I'd imagine that if the Debra incident had happened when Austin was still happy with the company, the WWE would've kept him under contract despite the negative publicity. 2002 was a different time than 2017 and Steve Austin was obviously a much bigger star than Swann, but then again, without WCW around, its not like Austin was going to go be the star of some rival promotion, so, who knows, maybe they would've cut him lose. 

I could be wrong but I feel like that happened in some weird limbo time when he wasn't around.

#47 Blehschmidt

Blehschmidt
  • Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 05:23 PM

Fuck Rich Swann. I hope they fire him and hire his wife. She's been a fantastic presence all over the indy circuit,and he is expendable cruiserweight #2.

I truly hope he goes to jail and she gets a shot in NXT.

#48 ...TG

...TG
  • Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:17 PM

Goodell can issue out any punishment he wants and the CBA essentially allows it. They also have a policy after the Ray Rice situation and they still don't follow it.

I wasn't aware he could issue an immediate, indefinite suspension upon a player being arrested. I'm not defending any particular action the NFL or WWE have taken, but it is apples and oranges.  

#49 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4887 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:10 PM

I wasn't aware he could issue an immediate, indefinite suspension upon a player being arrested. I'm not defending any particular action the NFL or WWE have taken, but it is apples and oranges.  

It would probably result in a lawsuit and the player would play a couple of games before eventually having to serve some sort of suspension. They can get you on conduct detrimental to the league for just about anything.

#50 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43576 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:53 PM

He quit before, yes. In fact, the Debra incident happened the same night the Confidential hit piece on Austin aired.

#51 Coffey

Coffey
  • Members
  • 3850 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:03 AM

He quit before, yes. In fact, the Debra incident happened the same night the Confidential hit piece on Austin aired.

Speaking of, I really liked Confidential. They had their own version of MTV Cribs/Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous. I remember goofy Al Snow's collection of hockey jerseys!

#52 SirEdger

SirEdger

Eternal nostalgic...especially about wrestling

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:54 AM

I'm stunned that no "Can he handle jail?" jokes haven't been made yet.

#53 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4155 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 04:02 PM

WWE just announced that the winner of Braun/Kane tonight will face Brock at Royal Rumble

#54 NintendoLogic

NintendoLogic

Grim and frostbitten

• Members
  • 2785 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:41 PM

Has Brock ever wrestled Kane before?

#55 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 10390 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:53 PM

I'm all for Brock vs Kane. In a world without a Suplex City...

#56 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:05 PM

Oh, man.

#57 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:24 PM

Surely there's absolutely no way they'll actually book Brock vs Kane?!

#58 Jesse Ewiak

Jesse Ewiak
  • Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:32 PM

Would it really be worse than Brock vs. Holly?

#59 FMKK

FMKK
  • Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:39 PM

Would it really be worse than Brock vs. Holly?

Seeing the absolute state of Kane trying to do any work in the ring whatsoever in this run, 100% yes

#60 Alucard

Alucard
  • Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:07 PM

Has Brock ever wrestled Kane before?

A house show in 2002 was the only time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users