Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 4th - 11th December 2017

FMKK

I'm definitely not criticizing the WWE because they made the right call, but one has to wonder how this would've played out had it been John Cena or Seth Rollins or a member of New Day, etc. Swann was expendable before the arrest.

I couldn't figure out the timeline of Austin's domestic dispute and his quitting/firing from WWE in June 2002 - Did he quit before the incident? After? - but I'd imagine that if the Debra incident had happened when Austin was still happy with the company, the WWE would've kept him under contract despite the negative publicity. 2002 was a different time than 2017 and Steve Austin was obviously a much bigger star than Swann, but then again, without WCW around, its not like Austin was going to go be the star of some rival promotion, so, who knows, maybe they would've cut him lose.

He quit before, yes. In fact, the Debra incident happened the same night the Confidential hit piece on Austin aired.

Speaking of, I really liked Confidential. They had their own version of MTV Cribs/Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous. I remember goofy Al Snow's collection of hockey jerseys!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic